Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2021, 08:02 AM

653 posts, read 784,691 times

Advertisements

Giants are getting a lot of kudos for their draft, and while I think acquiring draft assets next year is great, I would've liked to see them draft OL help with pick 91, instead they drafted another CB. Wyatt Davis would have been great to step in and plug the hole at RG, or even Ben Cleveland who went to Baltimore. I hope they have plans to sign Trai Turner who is a free agent right now and would be an upgrade over Hernandez and/or Lemieux.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 08:04 AM

653 posts, read 784,691 times
I would've liked to use one of the 6th round picks on Dylan Moses as well. We need a versatile LB to pair with Martinez, and if Moses is able to stay healthy he might've been a great fit for us. I can't believe he went undrafted!! And even then the Giants did not pick him as a UDFA.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:03 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times
We can all second guess our team's scouting and front office choices. Getting the #1 from Chicago was a gem ! Be thankful. You weren't going to the SB this year anyway (unless you get a ticket).

Old 06-02-2021, 09:42 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
I do like what the Giants did in the draft overall, but I do wonder about not picking an OL. I have a hard time believing Lemiuex is the real deal. At least I think Hernandez is average.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:19 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
I think the Giants organization is doing something right...they are realizing that they are not going to the Super Bowl this year, and they need to build a franchise that can get them TO the Super Bowl in a few years, and then every year after that. They do have a few gaps to fill but these can be addressed in the draft and free agency next year. In the meantime, the coaches need to step up more than the players, and get the potential out of the guys this year. We need to see WHO in the Locker room has the right attitude, the right football Awareness and the right fit for the team moving forward.

The worse thing any franchise, or any business for that matter can do is try to wing it year to year. I watched MY FINZ suffer and fail for decades because they failed to make a plan and stick with it. The idea "Well, we will try something different this year and if it works great if not start over" Does not work for any business in the long run. And to run a franchise, and succeed, you HAVE to run the team as a business. And that includes having a business plan, something that traditionally most teams have failed to have, and it shows.....and build on that plan for long term success.

Yes fans are impatient, they think that they want instant gratification and to win everything lal the time right now.....but in fact, the sucessful franchise is the one that builds on a solid foundation and adds to it to maintain a place at the top.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:40 AM

Overall, I really think the season for the Giants is simple: If the offensive line holds up, AND Daniel Jones plays well, I think the Giants are a playoff team.

Neither of those things are guaranteed, of course, and that is what is going to make this season interesting.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:25 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Overall, I really think the season for the Giants is simple: If the offensive line holds up, AND Daniel Jones plays well, I think the Giants are a playoff team.

Neither of those things are guaranteed, of course, and that is what is going to make this season interesting.
A full return to health for Saquon would help as well.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
A full return to health for Saquon would help as well.
Yes, it would ease some of the pressure on Jones. He has not played many games with a very healthy Barkley, either.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:45 PM

What I said earlier, still holds true: It comes down to Daniel Jones and the offensive line...and health, of course. While it was only a preseason game, the last preseason game against the Pats, did not exactly inspire confidence...

Old 09-13-2021, 12:08 AM

Well, that looked familiar for the most part:

- Jones with a crucial turnover at an inopportune time
- Defense played well
- Offense in its usual stutter mode, resulting in said defense playing way too many snaps.

Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football