Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:53 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Colin Kap was not taking a knee or protesting in his early days in the NFL. It was only when he met his current girlfriend, Nessa, that he started going pro-black, BLM, etc. Nessa is a muslim and pro BLM activist. Colin is what you called P whipped.. you know the power of the P.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 AM

731 posts, read 725,077 times
No reason to continue to beat this to death. Just don't turn it on.It's that simple. Screw em.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Hmmm...min wage around the $12 mark and s NFL ticket in the $100 a seat neck of the woods.
Only one reason amongst others.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:25 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
I read an article a few years back and it referred to another article written by a reporter in the early eighties who interviewed an NFL owner who was very influential at the time. The jest of the interview back then was the owner thought that the future of NFL was going to change with the increase of cable availability and the NFL experience in ones home would increase dramatically. Football games would be broadcast widely. This would slowly erode into fans participation in attending games slowly cutting into attendance. Another aspect the NFL owner mentioned was the increasing technology's in TV's as screens in homes becoming much larger.

My buddy has been a diehard Jaguars season ticket holder since day one and right after their last home game before London he commented on paying $4.00 for a bottle of water.

People still have disposable income but we now have things we did not have twenty years ago........family cell phone plans, cable tv packages and 50",60" and 70" TV's.

Like that NFL owner said it would be a slow decline.

Fast forward to a subject I never talk about.........politics. People are so overwhelmed today with the news, social media and those they interact with polarizing the events unfolding since the election. Monday through Friday it gets hammered home. NFL Sunday game day was a great escape, now those events some of us are so tired of being absorbed by are front and center in our laps on Sunday.

Last but not least, I think the NFL owners desire to inhabit billion dollar stadiums and try to influence city's to subsidize is starting to become a sore spot with the everyday loyal fans.

Here in Jacksonville the city gave the Jags half for all improvements of the stadium which included the largest score boards in the NFL, swiming pools for some game day ticket buyers and the revenue for naming the stadium.

Lots of variables cutting into fans interest in the NFL.

My three cents

Old 09-26-2017, 03:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
As a minority that was not born in the USA, i have taken advantage of all the opportunities that the USA has given me.
You can thank activists in our country's history that you were given opportunities. Not long ago, if you weren't a white person, you'd be treated as a secondary citizen. Be thankful.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:09 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You can thank activists in our country's history that you were given opportunities. Not long ago, if you weren't a white person, you'd be treated as a secondary citizen. Be thankful.
Hmm. I guess then thank the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of WHITE dead soldiers who fought the Civil War then, huh?

Last edited by Kavalier; 09-26-2017 at 04:40 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 04:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Hmm. I guess then thank the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of WHITE dead soldiers who fought the Civil War then, huh?
Not really what I consider activists but Black Americans fought in the Civil War as well and died. This is much more than abolishing slavery. That was 150 yrs ago.

I'm talking about civil protest in the 1950's-present.

Remaining silent while social unjust occurs in this country is wrong, imo. Glad someone continues the fight. This country is far from perfect, but we can strive to get there.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Not really what I consider activists but Black Americans fought in the Civil War as well and died.

I'm talking about civil protest in the 50's-present.

Remaining silent while social unjust occurs in this country is wrong, imo. Glad someone continues the fight. This country is far from perfect, but we can strive to get there.
A very small amount of black men died in the CW compared to SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND WHITE MEN who perished.

In inflation comparable to the population back then that would have been in the millions in today's numbers of whites who died to end black slavery.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Hmmm...min wage around the $12 mark and s NFL ticket in the $100 a seat neck of the woods.
Only one reason amongst others.
Good beer in a stadium 12 or so bucks. No thanks.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:49 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
You know very little about history - there were plenty of black soldiers who fought during the Civil War. I encourage you to look into the 54th Massachusetts Regiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football