Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Whatever your view on their protest in inconsequential. It could be the dumbest reason, as long as it doesn't infringe on your rights as American citizen, I'll support their right to speak out as long as their employer doesn't object otherwise, do it on their own time when not representing the team's owner/team.
Well what is it? You said you know exactly why they are protesting...???

Old 09-25-2017, 02:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
read thread, has been posted (by me) a few times

Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I asked him/her the same thing on another thread and still after three attempts, not only am I still not any clearer as to the message (beyond that these players don't like Donald Trump and what he said the other day), I don't know in pray hell the correlation to the decision not to salute our flag.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the bigger issue is many fans do NOT know what they are protesting! That's a problem for them. Its not clear cut what they are protesting so it comes off as they are simply protesting AMERICA.. because its the National Anthem that they are sitting out on.. I think we all knew what Kaep was protesting.. his girlfriend was a BIG BLM person so she got him to stage a protest.. I didn't mind what Kaep was doing because he was at least trying to shine a light on what he saw a big social injustice. I may not agree with it but i certainly did not begrudge him for it.. Now that issue seems to be watered down some and this new protest seems to be aimed at Trump and is more politically motivated. I think Trump was dumb to bring it up but i think the players are dumber for reacting...... I hate politics more than anything so when you bring politics into one of my favorite past times.. i am gonna get irritated.. keep it up and eventually i change the channel.

Its laughable when the players association and teams send out memes that our players is united while at the same time, includes pictures of the sidelines with some players standing and some kneeling... obviously they are NOT united.
agree w/ a lot of what you post....appears to me that the players who didn't take a knee, embraced arms - I think that's what the NFLPA was talking about.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Happy to see this (as a 23-yr Army Veteran)

“Nobody, not one single person on this team, will ever, ever, ever disrespect the men and women who fight for this country. We love them for what they do. For their service. It’s not about that. It is not about one man’s words either. It’s not about Trump. It is bigger than that. So they have to understand that no one on this team will ever disrespect the men an women who fight for this country."....TEAM CAPTAIN Gerald McCoy

https://www.pewterreport.com/mccoy-goes-trump/

Old 09-25-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I asked him/her the same thing on another thread and still after three attempts, not only am I still not any clearer as to the message (beyond that these players don't like Donald Trump and what he said the other day), I don't know in pray hell the correlation to the decision not to salute our flag.
I guess.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:13 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
England left the UN not the US, google Brexit.

5 people have been killed by police in Britain in 2017 (4 of them being confirmed terrorists.)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/410392...tings-uk-2017/

883 people have been killed by police in the US in 2017

Killed By Police - 2017

I know which one I'd have more respect for.
EU, not the UN

Old 09-25-2017, 11:18 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricninja View Post
The NFL is ultimately controlled by the same people who are militarizing cops to assault blacks into virtual slavery. Trump has to save the country before he can save the black community, so to do this he widened another front right in the soft spot of culture. The NFL is everything to its fans and they watched it get corrupted with pink outfits and social justice and irrelevant gay revelations and other ridiculous feminizing crap right before their eyes.

Read the news: the boycott of the NFL already began. What Trump did was give it a push like a political investor who will reap bonanza. The man cannot fail. Even when he loses, he wins. God's favor is upon him.

Make no mistake about it, when the NFL goes they all go, because the whole country will right away wake up to what the Democrats are doing. Inner city kids will suddenly seek real heroes again and suburbia will suddenly have the time to provide them. No more of this militaristic ceremony and fake battle while real hell is going on in the world.
The existence of people like you and most other commenters on this thread is why I'm ashamed to be an American and will never stand for the anthem so long as I know you all are alive. I don't care how many people died for this country--the problem is with those conservative imaginary-god-fearing morons who've gone right on living and claiming citizenship.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 PM

The "media" (namely CNN) have lost their collective minds over Mr. Trump having the audacity to call out the fakes.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen their rubbish so absurd.

Think about this today: America - the American "media" en masse - are PRAISING these idiots for sitting and kneeling down - the media 20+ years ago would have absolutely HAMMERED these fakes, but today, in this America, they are praising them.

Twilight Zone stuff.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
The existence of people like you and most other commenters on this thread is why I'm ashamed to be an American and will never stand for the anthem so long as I know you all are alive. I don't care how many people died for this country--the problem is with those conservative imaginary-god-fearing morons who've gone right on living and claiming citizenship.
I'm not going to let ignorant people dissuade me from being patriotic and loving my country. I hope it doesn't give you a bad taste. I'm going to focus on all the great things our country has done and is doing. Of course there is so much room for improvement (ie social inequality). I am discouraged though, like you, that there are so many Americans who'll pretend that social inequality doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football