Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:47 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Soccer was always a better "warmup" for me and a lot of the hockey players I grew up with (a couple who I played with that went on to play college and pro). I think it's dying. I played football for not even a full year - it was physically tougher and the only positions I wanted to play were QB or RB and I wasn't physically tall enough or fast enough, I suspect for alot of other kids too.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:49 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkor View Post
Read carefully. Tatoos and Dreadlocks. I have no idea who the people you cited are, but if they are unkempt, then I won't watch.

BTW, your racism is showing (big-time).
So you weren't a fan of a guy like Green-Ellis? Yeah he was a real thug. How are dreadlocks unkept? They are pretty tightly kept no? Sammy Watkins, another thug. And I am the one who is racists? LOL

Old 09-24-2017, 09:23 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So you weren't a fan of a guy like Green-Ellis? Yeah he was a real thug. How are dreadlocks unkept? They are pretty tightly kept no? Sammy Watkins, another thug. And I am the one who is racists? LOL
He mentioned tattoos and dreadlocks... he mentioned they were unkempt and he didn't like it.. seems sillly to me but he certainly has the right to his opinion. The fact that you pulled the racist card so quickly only waters down the power that it used to have. You are slowly eliminating the power and meaning of the racism, one card at a time!

Old 09-24-2017, 09:27 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Any kind of sport that generates revenue should remind their players NOT to BITE the hand that feeds you.
Any player that causes a drop in the gate revenue due to their antics should have equal % reduced from their paycheck...team owners don' t print their money.
Every person has the right to their opinions...off the clock and not while in a players uniform.

You're not dealing with rational people here, more brawn than brains, and a large percentage with criminal records. You dont stand during the anthem, you dont play, you dont play you dont get paid. You'd be surprised how many will be standing. They have drugs to buy, vehicles to crash and child support to pay.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:36 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The stadium are till pretty much 50-60k people. NFL has too many games televised weekly and the blackout rule has been lifted, so people don't even need to go the stadiums anymore. Networks still pay a ton for NFL rights. No matter what POTUS says, I think the sport is still solidly the favorite of the American sportsfan.
True.... but remember most of the NFL money comes from TV contracts.. not stadium returns. The entire 'new stadium' push is built upon Luxury Suites and PSLs to generate more revenue without adding more seats...

I don't think the POTUS should say anything about the players antics.. but i don't think the players should say anything about the POTUS's antics. They are both dumb for doing so. Politics is politics and sports is sports. They don't mix so stop trying to force it down sports fans throats. I don't begrudge a player for spouting political views but at the same time, i have no sympathy for him or her if they lose their job because of it.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
when you have seven televised games a week you're going to have less viewers per game.....not too long ago used to be three on Sunday, one on Monday....and some games blacked out locally......so of course people have more games available and won't be watching all of them.....where I live TB, the team is garnering more interest w/ a franchise type QB.....from 2009-2014, things were grim here.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:48 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
He mentioned tattoos and dreadlocks... he mentioned they were unkempt and he didn't like it.. seems sillly to me but he certainly has the right to his opinion. The fact that you pulled the racist card so quickly only waters down the power that it used to have. You are slowly eliminating the power and meaning of the racism, one card at a time!
Actually he is saying "no hair outside the helmet". And he is suggesting that players with hair outside their helmet look like gangbangers. Maybe it's just me but I've never considered a players hairstyle into whether or not I like or dislike them and whether I perceive them as a gangbanger. Plenty of players have both tattoos and long hair and are the furthest thing from gangbangers. Both black and white. Heck even the golden boy Tom Brady has "hair outside his helmet" at one point.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkor View Post
IMHO, one of the reasons behind the decline in the NFL is "optics". Too many players look like gang-bangers with tattoos and dreadlocks. Americans want to see clean-cut, presentable people on their screens, not what looks like the dregs of America. Dumps the skin graffiti, no hair outside the helmet, and improve the optics. I keep up with the scores and standings of my favorite teams, but long ago stopped trying to get past the waves of gag-reflex at the sight of dreadlocks etc., flying like a filthy mops out of player's helmets.

Clean-cut or seek employment elsewhere.
You aren't the one hiring them. Wonder how you feel about white folks who dread it up due to converting to the Rastafari religion.

I don't associate dreads and tats with thugs. Maybe because living in DC I'm around many who have both and ain't thugs. Sorry, it's clear what you are implying.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:18 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
You're not dealing with rational people here, more brawn than brains, and a large percentage with criminal records. You dont stand during the anthem, you dont play, you dont play you dont get paid. You'd be surprised how many will be standing. They have drugs to buy, vehicles to crash and child support to pay.
To confirm what idiots these NFL players are, they kneel in London during our National Anthem but stand for ''God Save the Queen''.

Ah, yes, England, with its history of worldwide oppression and being the country and monarchy that brought slavery to the America. England, the country that left the U.S. and the world all sorts of issues we need to clean-up.

This just shows that these players are dumb, naïve, and disingenuous with this ''protest'' nonsense.

Unplug the NFL (and NBA) now. Wait until these owners start taking a financial hit; wait until NBA Commissioner Adam Silver takes a $5.00 hit to his wallet.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:42 AM

998 posts, read 787,480 times
Yeah it's sad how a few Ingrates can spoil a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football