Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:25 AM

5,895 posts, read 5,688,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Funny how a multi-billion organization, with all of the resources at their disposal, is unable to gain access to a hotel security camera, but somehow TMZ is.
Exactly, its BS...

So many ways to go with this. The NFL's public image will continue to worsen, as they have repeatedly shown that you have to be Colin Kaepernick, who committed no crimes by the way, but you have to be Colin Kaepernick to be banished from The League. Any and everything else is fair game to still keep your job, apparently...

On another note, I believe in second chances, and I hope Hunt gets another one at some point. Ultimately I wouldn't have a problem with a year-long suspension, given the crime and that he also assaulted another person (a man) at a bar this summer. He's got some immaturity to iron out. But he's only 23 years old. I don't think we should exile him for the rest of his life, given the fact that the woman probably was at least a mutual instigator and allegedly tossed the N-word around when she didn't get her way---->but especially when both the Chiefs and the NFL are gonna manage to escape any necessary punishment for allegedly not being able to access the video, and for voluntarily deciding not to punish Hunt before the video's publicity. How hypocritical of this league to punish him but absolve themselves of guilt...

I love this game but we have to have some of the worst corporate management in sports, in regards to public relations...

Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,939,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Exactly. Chiefs announced they released Hunt because he lied. Not because he kicked & hit a woman. Chiefs likely just wanted to take his word for it in Feb when he said he didn't do it.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...222460020.html

Did the Chiefs see the video prior to it's release Friday??

Old 12-01-2018, 08:33 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,682,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
It's about the video, bruh. They've known about this the entire time, but couldn't get the video somer
kinda way. Without the video, Hunt is still on the team. This crystallizes the NFL's approach to domestic violence...
Exactly, without video it didn't happen. but on the flip side. Are they simply to believe every accuser and in this case, the accuser didn't even file charges.. so... its not like the NFL can start suspending players at every cry of wolf... its a damned if you do, damned if you don't. The issue i have it that is, in a year he will back in the league... if the NFL had any real concern about violence against women, these players would no longer be allowed to play... wishful thinking i suppose.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Did the Chiefs see the video prior to it's release Friday??
NO...at least thats the way its being reported.. if they had, surely they would have let him go prior. If it comes out that they did.. oh boy.. serious mud on their faces.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Exactly. NFL does not take this seriously. If I was streaming the games or used the word SuperBowl without their permission, they would spend millions of dollars and an army of lawyers to take me down. This happened in February. NFL is embarrassing themselves when they have to wait until TMZ gets the evidence before NFL acts on anything.
I think that TMZ used suspicious (possibly illegal) methods to gain access to the video. No doubt they paid an insider that had access to the video but who really knows. Regardless, that's something NFL simply would not do. Imagine the NFL taking this direction and gaining access to tons of video of NFLers... imagine the outcry if this became public. An enormous invasion of privacy, more damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:43 AM

5,895 posts, read 5,688,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Exactly, without video it didn't happen. but on the flip side. Are they simply to believe every accuser and in this case, the accuser didn't even file charges.. so... its not like the NFL can start suspending players at every cry of wolf... its a damned if you do, damned if you don't. The issue i have it that is, in a year he will back in the league... if the NFL had any real concern about violence against women, these players would no longer be allowed to play... wishful thinking i suppose.
I think the approach the NFL needs to take has to be similar to officer-involved shootings. "Administrative leave", still pay the player and keep him on the roster but he CAN NOT PLAY until an honest and thorough investigation is complete. If the player is not guilty, sure, he lost game action but he still got paid and retains his roster spot and can immediately return to action. If he's guilty, cut bait, and he faces the toughest of uphill battles to play again...

I don't like the idea of automatically banning a player for being charged or accused of DV, because these scenarios should be judged on a case-by-case basis. A player could very well be guilty of the act and deserves punishment, but the circumstances are infinite and I think each individual player's history should be taken into account. Reputation as a poor teammate, poor work ethic, etc, all behavioral factors should be considered...obviously a guy who has been proven guilty and has a bad reputation or previous behavior issues, get him outta here...

Last edited by murksiderock; 12-01-2018 at 08:54 AM..

Old 12-01-2018, 08:46 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,673,529 times
Can't find it now, but I read the Chiefs issue was he lied to them. Hill's situation he is on probation, went through the system, but key thing is the team knew everything upfront. I'm still not believing they didn't know about the video but that is their story.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:29 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,640,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think that TMZ used suspicious (possibly illegal) methods to gain access to the video. No doubt they paid an insider that had access to the video but who really knows. Regardless, that's something NFL simply would not do. Imagine the NFL taking this direction and gaining access to tons of video of NFLers... imagine the outcry if this became public. An enormous invasion of privacy, more damned if you do, damned if you don't.
The only outcry would be if they obtained access to the videos and then burned them to save face of their star players and league. If they obtained the videos, I don’t see how the is illegal to pay for a security video from a hotel hallway, and released them to the public showing the assault I would think the public would be okay with that.

My guess is Hunt will be back. He’s still in his prime. Honestly he may even comeback to the Chiefs. Considering they already have Tyreek Hill on their roster I think you could easily justify bringing Hunt back at some point.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:37 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,640,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Can't find it now, but I read the Chiefs issue was he lied to them. Hill's situation he is on probation, went through the system, but key thing is the team knew everything upfront. I'm still not believing they didn't know about the video but that is their story.
I think those facts are correct. Hill went through and had been going through the legal process as a result of his assault. But what he plead guilty too, punching his pregnant ex-girlfriend in the stomach is infinitely worse than what Hunt did. Pretty sure that can be attempted muster in some cases.

I mean this is crazy.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...estic-violence

Quote:
” According to the police report and court testimony, Hill threw her phone and laptop into the hallway and shut her out of his room. When she re-entered, Hill hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put “external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway” according to his statement in his guilty plea.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:59 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,511,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think those facts are correct. Hill went through and had been going through the legal process as a result of his assault. But what he plead guilty too, punching his pregnant ex-girlfriend in the stomach is infinitely worse than what Hunt did. Pretty sure that can be attempted muster in some cases.

I mean this is crazy.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...estic-violence
HOLY CRAP.

This guy will never see another NFL paycheck. As it should be. As for the Chiefs I have no idea what to believe. Perhaps they were unaware that there was video of the incident, cell phones are not like security video where you know a video was recorded. Perhaps their version, where Hunt lied about the event, is true and they only cut him after learning there was video and after they saw it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football