Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:33 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times

Advertisements

Hunts very lucky there were several people there to restrain, otherwise he would likely be in Jail. If he has that kind of rage inside him, this wont be the last incident for him.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:27 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,624,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Hunts very lucky there were several people there to restrain, otherwise he would likely be in Jail. If he has that kind of rage inside him, this wont be the last incident for him.
That is speculation. What is not speculative is that the one opportunity he had a clear shot to deliver a crushing blow he instead opted for a tap to the rear end with his foot. So he restrained himself. The police didn’t even find this worth pursuing any assault chargers because it simply wasn’t an assault.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,790 times
The cause of the altercation is what gets me. Drunken arguments in public over trying to hook up your friend is not a good look. For him to get that upset to where he throws away his career is shocking.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:29 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
They didn't do a very good job of restraining him. He knocked the. Over like bowling pins.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
They didn't do a very good job of restraining him. He knocked the. Over like bowling pins.
Gotta remember that Hunt regularly contacts dudes who are 300 plus pounds so I’m not surprised that average sized people had a hell of a time restraining him. There is a reason why club bouncers are usually very big and/or guys.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,550,819 times
This could come back to haunt the Chiefs if they end up facing the Pats or Texans in the playoffs. They will need a strong running attack to ward off those teams. They should wait till after season ends to cut him. Also, this is very disruptive to the chemistry of the team. I won't be surprised if they get on a losing streak now.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:55 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,618,668 times
Kareem Hunt needed to be gone back in February, because it should have mattered then about his character. Neither the NFL nor any team should be deciding how the chemistry or ability to win would affect a team when it comes to domestic issues.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:55 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,916,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
This could come back to haunt the Chiefs if they end up facing the Pats or Texans in the playoffs. They will need a strong running attack to ward off those teams. They should wait till after season ends to cut him. Also, this is very disruptive to the chemistry of the team. I won't be surprised if they get on a losing streak now.
Hunt was likely not going to be allowed to play the rest of the season anyway. He would have been benched by the NFL while they re opened the investigation and then after that he would probably be suspended. The Hunt situation would have been a distraction the entire rest of the season. The Chiefs made the right decision to part ways and move on with the season without him.

I would not be surprised in the least if he was back with the Chiefs next season.

It remains to be seen how this effects the team, but I think they have enough offensive weapons that they should be okay.

More importantly, Eric Berry may be coming back and defense is where the Chiefs need more help than anything.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:44 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
That is speculation. What is not speculative is that the one opportunity he had a clear shot to deliver a crushing blow he instead opted for a tap to the rear end with his foot. So he restrained himself. The police didn’t even find this worth pursuing any assault chargers because it simply wasn’t an assault.

You need to research the legal definition of "assault" because there is absolutely NO doubt that was documented on that video was absolutely an assault.

You are also the one "speculating" regarding what the police did or didn't do....all reports I have seen state law enforcement officials never saw this tape either...so stating that the police didn't believe what is shown on tape was assault is baseless.

"former state and federal prosecutor David S. Weinstein told USA TODAY Sports. “However, if they had seen the video, they would either have had to make an arrest or write a report articulating why they didn't make an arrest.”"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eo/2177472002/

Seriously Bill you are defending this scum bag for showing restraint by "not delivering a crushing blow "????

THAT is what you are going with here????

I find it beyond disgusting that anyone would try and rationalize this behavior or in any way shape or form excuse this behavior after viewing this tape...

The "force" used does not need to be "measured"....it was violence against a woman....PERIOD

Old 12-02-2018, 03:31 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,624,443 times
What I find disgusting is no outrage over what’s Tyreek Hill did at OSU. I’m literally the only one in this thread up in arms over what Hill did. Attempted murder in some way punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach. A bunch of hyprocrites the NFL and Chiefs are, and some fans, allowing Hill to collect paychecks every week just because he’s a supreme talent and no video. Everyone knows what Hill did was 100 times more disgusting than what Hunt did. That is what I find disturbing. Hill is on the level of Aaron Hernandez in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football