Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,634,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So you're NOT defending Hunt???

Gimme a break....
I will plead guilty to defending Hunt in two cases if it makes you feel better. You never dressed up to your mistake in the Patriots thread by the way with regards to the pick six. Not surprised.

1. He is getting unfair treatment if you compare his actions to Tyreek Hill who tried to kill someone. Relevant because Hill and Hunt are on the same team.

2. The OP says he is the new Ray Rice. Ray Rice knocked a woman out cold. Did the woman in the Hunt video even get a bruise?

I’ve maintained from the beginning that he should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the league so I am not saying he wasn’t out of line with his actions. I continue to also maintain that the NFL league office and teams have no consistency with these players.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,248,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I will plead guilty to defending Hunt in two cases if it makes you feel better. You never dressed up to your mistake in the Patriots thread by the way with regards to the pick six. Not surprised.

1. He is getting unfair treatment if you compare his actions to Tyreek Hill who tried to kill someone. Relevant because Hill and Hunt are on the same team.

2. The OP says he is the new Ray Rice. Ray Rice knocked a woman out cold. Did the woman in the Hunt video even get a bruise?

I’ve maintained from the beginning that he should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the league so I am not saying he wasn’t out of line with his actions. I continue to also maintain that the NFL league office and teams have no consistency with these players.
And you still fail to admit you were defending Hunt when you made value judgements on the apparent level of violence displayed in the video, failing to even accede to the fact that it was CLEARLY an assault. Not surprised

Old 12-02-2018, 07:17 PM

1,203 posts, read 839,764 times
Quote:
Are YOU for real??

In the post you just responded to point out to me EXACTLY where the "comparisons" are to Ray Rice...

Stating that he just watched the Hunt tape ....

.....that was pretty lame

.....he pushes but not with full force at all

.....hardly a kick at all.....

.....IF Hunt's act even qualifies as a crime....

NOT ONE of those statements was a "comparison" to the Rice tape....they were all value judgements of the Hunt ASSAULT....NOT comparative statements

What is absurd is the apparent need to quantify violence that you and others here demonstrate as if that somehow makes what Hunt did sorta OK, you know, it wasn't as bad as Rice so what's the big deal??

Please....
I said the OP compared to Ray Rice (did you even read what I said?....you certainly quoted it). Bill was stating a confusion in regards to Hill. Please don't reply if you haven't read my actual post in its entirety or can't comprehend what I said.

The original post you're referring too....

Are you for real? He's giving a description of what happened in comparison to some other acts that were clearly much more heinous. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not a defense of Hunt. And then, the OP has the audacity to compare this to Ray Rice. Seriously, the premise of this thread is absurd. This isn't remotely close. Let's put the videos out there and let others compare and contrast the nonsense of comparing it to the Rice incident.

Learn to read!

Last edited by JJonesIII; 12-02-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 07:18 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,248,562 times
[quote=JJonesIII;53786163]
Quote:

I said the OP compared to Ray Rice (did you even read what I said?). He was stating a confusion in regards to Hill. Please don't reply if you haven't read my actual post in its entirety.
You clearly didn't read MY post which you responded to because it had NOTHING to do with the OP.

Please don't bother to reply again either since you clearly didn't read or understand what you were replying to last time either....

Old 12-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The problem here is there is a contingent of posters hellbent on comparing to the Ray Rice or Tyreek Hill situation, rather than honing in on the wrongdoing of the Hunt situation. I don't get it with the comparisons theme, or the "this wasn't bad" theme...that isn't the point. The point isn't that this isn't as bad as another incident if violence...
Well some of us, probably mainly me, are trying to make another point. The NFL, some teams, some fans, are hypocrites. The Chiefs owner and GM will gladly cheer on Tyreek Hill for the rest of the season but Hunt has to go. Why not make a real stand and kick them both off the team?

Old 12-02-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
And you still fail to admit you were defending Hunt when you made value judgements on the apparent level of violence displayed in the video, failing to even accede to the fact that it was CLEARLY an assault. Not surprised
Okay it was an assault. Whatever doesn’t change the fact that the hypocrisy is rampant. Still waiting for you to admit you mistake big man.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
You clearly didn't read MY post which you responded to because it had NOTHING to do with the OP.

Please don't bother to reply again either since you clearly didn't read or understand what you were replying to last time either....
Again, don't waste my time if you can't read. And don't quote me if you simply are going to contradict what I said.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
What is absurd is the apparent need to quantify violence that you and others here demonstrate as if that somehow makes what Hunt did sorta OK, you know, it wasn't as bad as Rice so what's the big deal??
I don’t see anything wrong with giving different degrees or grades of violent acts or assaults. And at the same time I do think it is a big deal. That is why I have maintained all along he should be suspended. I would stop short of saying he should have a life time ban given the fact their are many more players in the league currently collecting paychecks who committed worst assaults.

Now if the league and owners want to get their stuff together and just give lifetime bans to any player at all involved in an assault no matter the degree I can get behind that. But it’s clear they don’t care to go that route.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:45 PM

Bill,

What's with this guy with his quoting. Is it that hard to just click the quote button and type below it?

Look at posts 54 and 50. I noticed you had to clean up one also that made it looks like I said what he said. Is he doing this on purpose?

Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
Bill,

What's with this guy with his quoting. Is it that hard to just click the quote button and type below it?

Look at posts 54 and 50. I noticed you had to clean up one also that made it looks like I said what he said. Is he doing this on purpose?
Nah it was probably just a mistake. I’m doing all this from my phone right now which is more difficult than from my PC. Easy to make mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football