Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:56 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,327,675 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:01 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,296 times
It has to be pretty demoralizing for the rest of the league and the fans who hate the Patriots. They simply keep winning. Coming into 2018 this team looked the weakest it has looked (on paper anyways) in a very long time. There were some bad loses – at Detroit, at Tennessee and of course the awful loss at Miami. They dominated perhaps the hottest team in the NFL when they beat the Chargers in the divisional. Went on the road and handled the Chiefs, when many fans were chirping about their inability to win a road playoff game. For the record, that was the third road AFC title game win for the Patriots during this long run.

This will never be done ever again in the NFL.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 AM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
As I would have expected, much of the pregame talk centered around how Brady and the Pats offense would fare against guys like Suh and Talib and the rest of the Rams defense. Here are a few stats--

Total offense-Patriots 407, Rams 260.
Yards rushing-Patriots 154, Rams 62.

Credit the defense of the Patriots for pretty much shutting down the Rams offense. I also will give Wade Phillips credit for holding off the Pats as long as the Rams defense did.

One of the most memorable quotes regarding football comes from the great Paul "Bear" Bryant---"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships."

Old 02-04-2019, 11:44 AM

117 posts, read 99,242 times
Default Pure & Simple

The Patriot's are the GOAT

Brady is the GOAT

Belichick is the GOAT

Anything else is just noise by haters.

Pure & Simple!

Old 02-04-2019, 11:52 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
I wonder what the Patriots will add this off-season.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:56 PM

5,241 posts, read 6,152,814 times
I am not going to dissect this game other than to say there were two great defensive teams on the field last night.

My thanks go out to this Patriot team for giving us fans something 31 other teams have failed to do.............and that is to provide us with one of the greatest football dynasty's that many of us will never get to see duplicated in our lifetimes.

To the younger Patriots fans, enjoy, and savor these moments as this is a Cinderella story not soon repeated. Respect this team as the time will come where we will have to rebuild and endure the growing pains so many other teams do.

Don't mean to preach but this has been a truly amazing period in Patriots history

Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 PM

76 posts, read 48,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
A tight end if Gronk retires and wide receivers

Old 02-04-2019, 05:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Bill coached a masterpiece on defense. Completely took away Cooks and Woods outside. Totally dominated in the trenches and jumped on and all over Goff. He also got a decent amount of mileage out of the run game against the deepest DT rotation in the league.

People are so mad that this wasn’t the Chiefs/Rams scoring bonanza a few months ago. What people saw last night was a masterful defensive performance by the Patriots against a team that just had no answers.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Boring, boring game. Turned TV off at halftime. Not a fan of either participating teams, but the Saints would have lit that Pats D up.

the Chowds would have had much more fun destroying Drew Brees in the head to head battle of two over the hill quarterbacks.

Now, wrt calling it a boring game, take that garbage back to your lamestream blamestream fakestream mainstream media outlets, where they tell you what you're supposed to think and say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Trade Chris Hogan to the Dolphins or Jets, or Bills tee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Thing is, all I did was copy and paste the 2016 thread...

I don't hate the Patriots, but good god I'm getting tired of them.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-07-2019 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-04-2019, 07:57 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
This thread will be a *sticky* for the next week. JJG has done tribute threads since day 1 of this message board. The *sticky* will be taken off the Super Bowl LIII thread in a couple days.
Thing is, all I did was copy and paste the 2016 thread...

I don't hate the Patriots, but good god I'm getting tired of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football