Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 09:08 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,871,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Patriots are an amazing team with the best coaching.

They are.

The head coach with the most victories, regular as well as post season would be Don Shula with a 347-173-6 record. Winning percentage is .665.

Bill Belichick now has a 292-134 record. Winning percentage is .685.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post
The Patriot's are the GOAT

Brady is the GOAT

Belichick is the GOAT

Anything else is just noise by haters.

Pure & Simple!
You are wrong......................you missed one

Kraft is the GOAT

And on a side note, now that the Pats have tied the Steelers for most Super Bowls in any teams history........it's taken the Pats about half as long to get their 6, and with the same QB and coach.

The Patriots are the GOAT

Old 02-05-2019, 05:44 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,296 times
Just saw an interesting post. The Patriots beat the MVP of the league (twice), the defensive player of the year, the defensive rookie of the year, comeback player of the year and coach of the year.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:00 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,854,274 times
Agree on Kraft. Remember how bad the previous owners were? Kraft buys the team in 1994; Beliuchick joins in 2000 and Brady shortly after that. It really was the "perfect storm" of owner, coach, and QB.

The talk shows are asking if this SB was Belichick's best coaching job ever. I don't believe it is. Back in 2001, he took a team that was 5 - 11 the previous year and coached them to a 11 - 5 record despite losing the starting QB to injury and going with a 2nd year QB. Then beating Oakland and Pittsburgh (on the road) to get to the SB. Then beating the incumbent SB champs who were 14 point favorites. A fast team that played indoors on artificial turf with the SB being indoors with artificial turf.

I would also say that the comeback against Atlanta in the SB was a fantastic coaching job.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:16 AM

117 posts, read 99,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Kraft is the GOAT

And on a side note, now that the Pats have tied the Steelers for most Super Bowls in any teams history........it's taken the Pats about half as long to get their 6, and with the same QB and coach.

I can't believe I forgot the owner. You are right. Another GOAT!!!! !

Old 02-05-2019, 10:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:

Kraft is the GOAT

I wish I could see another Duck boat parade for them. They won't show it down here.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:12 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I wish I could see another Duck boat parade for them. They won't show it down here.
You can watch via online stream easily!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
You can watch via online stream easily!
That's just what I did. I saw enough of it. Brady, Edleman, Gronk, the Krafts and so many IDK who they are without a jersey # on them.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:48 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
Quote:

Kraft is the GOAT

Kraft is key.

And the Pats have passed the Steelers as greatest franchise for sure. BUT look how much they have in common:

Dedicated, stable ownership.
Head coach is best of his generation.
Stellar QB, playing steadily.
Rooney/Noll excelled at the draft, Kraft/BB at team-building under the free agency/cap/rev share model (and draft too...but just sayin')

Old 02-07-2019, 04:28 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Agree on Kraft. Remember how bad the previous owners were? Kraft buys the team in 1994; Beliuchick joins in 2000 and Brady shortly after that. It really was the "perfect storm" of owner, coach, and QB.

The talk shows are asking if this SB was Belichick's best coaching job ever. I don't believe it is. Back in 2001, he took a team that was 5 - 11 the previous year and coached them to a 11 - 5 record despite losing the starting QB to injury and going with a 2nd year QB. Then beating Oakland and Pittsburgh (on the road) to get to the SB. Then beating the incumbent SB champs who were 14 point favorites. A fast team that played indoors on artificial turf with the SB being indoors with artificial turf.

I would also say that the comeback against Atlanta in the SB was a fantastic coaching job.
that was also one of bradys best moments.... down 28-3
I was just hoping for a t.d. to be a little respectful...

bradys performance was masterful..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football