Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,950,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Have expectations really sunk that low in Big D?
How many people were picking us to win the Super Bowl THIS season....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:19 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,678,863 times
Overall they played much better than I expected. I expected the Defense to struggle, they didn't.. they played well enough to win.. Romo had a case of the STUPIDs.. he does that a lot.. too much for comfort if you ask me.

'holding my breath Romo doesn't do something STUPID next week!'

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM

18,088 posts, read 27,540,132 times
Romo lost the game... and he admitted it. I say he gets a point for character.

The New York Jets should consider themselves very lucky... this week.

I'd kind of like to see Romo bounce back after that game.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,113,772 times
Note to Tony Romo: December hasn't started yet. It's alright not to screw up any games right now.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 PM

630 posts, read 1,877,306 times
Dallas has shown an eerie ability to give away games,much the way they lost clutch games early in franchise history.No matter how talented Dandy Don and Dan Reeves were,not until they left the franchise did Dallas finally win the Big One.
Romo has talent,maybe he will prosper some day,but it won't be in Big D.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,678,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroae23 View Post
Dallas has shown an eerie ability to give away games,much the way they lost clutch games early in franchise history.No matter how talented Dandy Don and Dan Reeves were,not until they left the franchise did Dallas finally win the Big One.
Romo has talent,maybe he will prosper some day,but it won't be in Big D.
Reeves didn't actually LEAVE the franchise.. he was on the sidelines for the Cowboys win in Super Bowl VI as well as Super Bowl XII. Of course, he was not suited up to play. I don't see the Cowboys struggles during the late 60s as a Reeves or Meredith issue. I see it as a Lombardi/Packers issue. The Packers were the better team during that era and nothing any Cowboy could do would change that. It wasn't until the Packers fell off that the Cowboys were able to secure their spot at the TOP. Of course the addition of Staubach didn't hurt.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,274,661 times
I would love for someone on Youtube to put together a montage of Romos game busting mistakes, going back to the playoff game when he screwed up the kick as the holder.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,661,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I would love for someone on Youtube to put together a montage of Romos game busting mistakes, going back to the playoff game when he screwed up the kick as the holder.
If you are a Dallas Cowboys fan, you can always take solace in the fact that the Giants have Eli Manning at quarterback.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,903,342 times
One thing I wanted to point out to my fellow Cowboys fans... I know Romo completely lost the game for us. But

1) Jason Witten has to get his ass in the endzone on that long play! If you are that close you have to get in because you never know what the next play may bring.

2) We ran it on first down. Then It's 2nd down and goal at the 2... why are we lining up in the shotgun on 2nd and 3rd down? Jason Garrett has to know that his QB has a tendency to make bone-headed plays and turn the ball over. Just run it on 2nd and 3rd. If you don't get in kick the field goal and put the game away.

Basically my point is... Romo deserves 85% of the blame. But Garrett deserves 10% and Witten deserves 5%. Because if either do what they needed too then Romo doesn't have the opportunity to lose the game.

At some point the rest of the team has to understand that they need to make up for romo's deficiency...

Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,422,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
One thing I wanted to point out to my fellow Cowboys fans... I know Romo completely lost the game for us. But

1) Jason Witten has to get his ass in the endzone on that long play! If you are that close you have to get in because you never know what the next play may bring.

2) We ran it on first down. Then It's 2nd down and goal at the 2... why are we lining up in the shotgun on 2nd and 3rd down? Jason Garrett has to know that his QB has a tendency to make bone-headed plays and turn the ball over. Just run it on 2nd and 3rd. If you don't get in kick the field goal and put the game away.

Basically my point is... Romo deserves 85% of the blame. But Garrett deserves 10% and Witten deserves 5%. Because if either do what they needed too then Romo doesn't have the opportunity to lose the game.

At some point the rest of the team has to understand that they need to make up for romo's deficiency...

very good assessment, but if i were to add one more thing...the blocked punt. no blocked punt, take 7 points off the board for the jets, game over.

Romo is saying what we all want him to say, he's taking the blame squarely on the shoulders...something tells me he'll have a little extra fire under his butt come sunday afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football