Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM

212 posts, read 573,665 times

Advertisements

Our defense is a beast, I am impressed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,421,823 times
we dodged a BIG bullet last night!!

offense looked HORRID, thank GOD for that Defense...

i imagine the Lions are chomping at the bit to get a hold of us...we best come prepared!!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,902,080 times
Ugly win last night... but I'll take it. Have a few concerns though...

We don't seem to be able to go down the field without Miles Austin in the line-up. Or maybe we don't take enough shots?

Also, is it me or has Felix Jones lost a step? he doesnt seem to have that burst he had as a rookie...

Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,421,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

We don't seem to be able to go down the field without Miles Austin in the line-up. Or maybe we don't take enough shots?

Also, is it me or has Felix Jones lost a step? he doesnt seem to have that burst he had as a rookie...

you beat me to it...i was thinking we needed a serious discussion on the personnel on display last night.

i have a hunch that Romo didn't feel comfortable hurling the ball last night...that coupled with the inexperienced WR's probably halted the down field threats.

Felix? 100+ yards ain't too shabby...the O-Line is where i saw most the running issues.

what about Ogletree?? the guy looked high as a kite out there!!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

EVERYONE'S hurt. Felix, Miles, Romo, Dez, both starting corners.... thank God we played the only other team in the league that shoots themselves in the foot even more so than we do....

Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,676,344 times
I would rather win ugly than loose pretty.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,902,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
EVERYONE'S hurt. Felix, Miles, Romo, Dez, both starting corners.... thank God we played the only other team in the league that shoots themselves in the foot even more so than we do....
ok... I didnt know Felix was hurt. Because he looks a step slower.

I knew about the rest... but geez I just believe in throwing the ball deep a couple times a game... I mean the receivers are in the NFL for a reason regardless who they are.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,676,344 times
Romo threw deep at least once. It was 3rd and long.. Ogletree appeared to run a post and Romo threw it to the corner.. INT. that will learn you.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,044,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... young 'n dumb recievers, 4 horrid snaps from the same Center, everyone's still hurt, was in the Redzone several times only to get field goals out of them... and we STILL win. I'll take it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
Our defense is a beast, I am impressed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
we dodged a BIG bullet last night!!

offense looked HORRID, thank GOD for that Defense...

i imagine the Lions are chomping at the bit to get a hold of us...we best come prepared!!
Yeah, I'm glad they won the game but they definitely dodged a bullet last night...lol. The offense was just awful, they were totally out of synch. IMO, the defense looked very good overall. Romo shouldn't have to be coaching players during a game, that's just ridiculous. The offense was simply not prepared for that game and I hang the responsibility for that solely on the coaching staff. They also had too many penalties. A lot of players on offense were hurt so that certainly made things worse. Nonetheless, Garrett and his coaching staff need to get the younger players prepared for the next game.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,202,114 times
That was one of the oddest displyaing at snapping I think I have ever watched. How many times was the ball snapped without Romo being ready for it? I wonder what they kept saying to the center and why he couldn't get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football