Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 12:01 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,237,767 times

Advertisements

The fact they think Steven Jackson is a difference maker is in itself laughable .... they are at that desperation point of signing older name vets in an effort to keep their window openSome really good structure in the passing attack .... just not a whole lot beyond that and the lack of depth has obviously been exposedSeattle has had as many injuries as anyone .... yet here they sit at 7-1 .... they also not only managed to be competative with the Cardinals, they dominated themI find it funny now the last hope is that NO or some other team does well .... you know that NO team that he was ripping for having the worst defense ever, not going to be a factor, etcJokes all around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:04 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,606,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
You got an excuse for everything wrong in Atlanta don't you. FYI every team in the NFL, in fact in all sports suffer problems with injuries from time to time. The fact is Atlanta is a declining franchise and I warned you before the season started of that fact. I remember telling you, you better beware of the raise of the Saints and you just keep talking about the injuries in Falconville. The problem with the Atlanta football team is obvious, lack of depth, and it is as plain as the nose on your face. I hope you enjoy watching the Saints in the playoffs sitting in some bar crying in your beer and still bemoaning Atlanta's injuries problems.
Cool story bro.

I don't have an excuse... It's a fact. Atlanta is probably the hardest hit by injuries of any team in the NFL...and yes, it exposed their lack of depth. I never said they had a deep roster. Last year was their shot, and they blew it. Oh *$*##in well?

Here's some more info for you... I don't go to bars... and haven't watched an Atlanta game since they dropped to 1-3. I threw in the towel then... as did pretty much all the fans. As far as the Saints... I am looking forward to watching them in the playoffs... I think they are the best all around team in the NFC... and probably the one NFC team (other than Green Bay) with a legit chance of coming into CenturyLink and winning... we'll find out in a month won't we?

Sorry to disappoint you but rest assured the last thing I am doing is crying in my beer... I don't even drink beer. I prefer vodka and juice. Atlanta's season is over, I knew that a month ago. Now ask me if I give a rat's... I don't. Yeah Atlanta is horrible... they have no defense, no offense and ignorant coaching. Enjoy your 7-1 team... I'll probably become a fan too... but not this season. I will wait till next season when everyone is 0-0 before I consider jumping on the bandwagon... why not? I lived in GA and rooted for the Falcons... now I'm here so I might as well root for Seattle. With my luck when I become a Seattle fan they will tank... probably about the same time those 8 starters making less than $1M are up for contract renewal... salary caps suck right?

Please get over yourself. The last thing I am doing is losing sleep over the Falcons... They have just as many Super Bowl trophies as Seattle (zero) and that won't be changing this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Seattle has had as many injuries as anyone .... yet here they sit at 7-1

you know that NO team that he was ripping for having the worst defense ever, not going to be a factor, etcJokes all around
Yep... I ripped the Saints and was wrong... I'm sure it was the first time ever that someone has been wrong about how a team's season goes... I mean, everyone picked KC to start 8-0 right?

Good luck beating the Saints with that 14 point offense... if you remove Lynch and Tate from that offense I MIGHT agree with you when you say Seattle has as many injuries as anyone. How many teams are missing their RB and both WR's? Atlanta is the only one to my knowledge.

Edit:
There's no reason for this thread to get out of hand... we've been there and done that already and in the end I could care less about all the trash talk. Enjoy the rest of your season Seattle...

Last edited by Kees; 10-29-2013 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: ... added last paragraph

Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 PM

426 posts, read 959,412 times
Sidney Rice of Seattle Seahawks out for season with torn ACL - ESPN</p>

Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Good luck beating the Saints with that 14 point offense... if you remove Lynch and Tate from that offense I MIGHT agree with you when you say Seattle has as many injuries as anyone. How many teams are missing their RB and both WR's? Atlanta is the only one to my knowledge.
My bad guys... Now with Sidney Rice done for the year with the torn ACL you are that much closer to catching up with Atlanta on the injury report list.

Having offensive line issues and then losing offensive playmakers can be devastating.

Welcome to the club.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,018,864 times
Quote:
My bad guys... Now with Sidney Rice done for the year with the torn ACL you are that much closer to catching up with Atlanta on the injury report list.

Having offensive line issues and then losing offensive playmakers can be devastating.

Welcome to the club.
The defense is this team's strength. The offense is good, but this is a hard-nosed defense team. The offense won't miss a beat when Harvin returns. He may need a game or two to get into playing shape, but he should be firing on all cylinders by the playoffs.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The defense is this team's strength. The offense is good, but this is a hard-nosed defense team. The offense won't miss a beat when Harvin returns. He may need a game or two to get into playing shape, but he should be firing on all cylinders by the playoffs.
I guess we'll see what happens over the last 8 games.

I think we all know that defense is Seattle's strength... It most certainly hasn't been the offense as of late and losing Rice doesn't help... Regardless of Harvin's status.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:19 PM

6,262 posts, read 3,424,439 times
Quote:
I guess we'll see what happens over the last 8 games.

I think we all know that defense is Seattle's strength... It most certainly hasn't been the offense as of late and losing Rice doesn't help... Regardless of Harvin's status.
The key to Seattle offense is getting back the starting two tackles which is coming up real soon. The next game against TB in Seattle is almost a gimmie so Seattle just needs their defense and 12th man fans to prevail.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The key to Seattle offense is getting back the starting two tackles which is coming up real soon. The next game against TB in Seattle is almost a gimmie so Seattle just needs their defense and 12th man fans to prevail.
A lot of gimme games this season. I'm still waiting for all the critics who slammed Atlanta last year for having the easiest strength of schedule and playing a bunch of creampuffs to start bashing the Seahawks for having the easiest schedule this year.

Edit: I stand corrected. The second easiest schedule.

2013 NFL Playoff Picture: NFC Strength of Schedule - Canal Street Chronicles

Last edited by Kees; 10-30-2013 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: ... Added link

Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM

6,262 posts, read 3,424,439 times
Quote:
A lot of gimme games this season. I'm still waiting for all the critics who slammed Atlanta last year for having the easiest strength of schedule and playing a bunch of creampuffs to start bashing the Seahawks for having the easiest schedule this year.
Bashing the Seahawks? Seattle doesn't make up the schedule, the league does.

Interest stat on opponents records:

Denver 22-38

Seattle 27-33

San Francisco 29-31

New Orleans 21-32*

Kansas City 18-43

Atlanta 26-28*

*played one game fewer

Seems like all the top teams have a rather weak schedule, makes one wonder why they are rated so high, if you look it that way.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Bashing the Seahawks? Seattle doesn't make up the schedule, the league does.

Interest stat on opponents records:

Denver 22-38

Seattle 27-33

San Francisco 29-31

New Orleans 21-32*

Kansas City 18-43

Atlanta 26-28*

*played one game fewer

Seems like all the top teams have a rather weak schedule, makes one wonder why they are rated so high, if you look it that way.
Good point.

Looking forward to the game next weekend. The highlight of a wasted season.

If Atlanta has White and Jackson back I might actually pick them to win... Especially if Seattle's offensive line is still banged up. A matchup of Seattle's 42 yards thru 3 qtrs offense against Atlanta's 22 yards per game rushing attack... LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football