Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2021, 02:52 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Patrick really didn't look good getting up from that play!! I'm glad to hear he's ok. It was scary
He definitely did not. My first reaction was that I thought he had broken his leg, foot or ankle since he had been hobbling all day. When I saw him kind of stumble coming up i thought it was an issue with his leg/foot. It's "fortunate" it's just a head injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 04:26 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,604,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
He definitely did not. My first reaction was that I thought he had broken his leg, foot or ankle since he had been hobbling all day. When I saw him kind of stumble coming up i thought it was an issue with his leg/foot. It's "fortunate" it's just a head injury.
Apparently not even a head injury. He basically had the wind knocked out of him. They didn’t want to take any chances, so they brought him in for further evaluation. Should be ready to start for the AFC champ game.

Old 01-18-2021, 04:31 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Ok.. So I caught right away it appeared to be a neurological issue. I can see how you thought otherwise, but.. I think *I* have had that look he had a few times, so.. It jumped right out at me because I just saw "punch drunk".

My question is.. How the hell did it happen? When it happened live, I could tell he went down rather awkwardly.. I was actually thinking it could have been a stinger because it looked like maybe a jammed neck.. Which, still fits in the 'neurological' side of things. But, I watched the replay a number of times.. He didn't seem to take a hit to the head. I thought maybe his head was driven into the turf, but that didn't seem to be the case. His head, if it did hit the turf, seemed to be a glancing blow.

Has anyone heard just what happened? That certainly was not a common 'concussion' hit. Maybe a whiplash type thing? The best I could figure, it almost looked like the ball caught him right on the chin.. Which could act like a punch the way he was coming down. And a punch to the chin can do it.

Old 01-18-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ok.. So I caught right away it appeared to be a neurological issue. I can see how you thought otherwise, but.. I think *I* have had that look he had a few times, so.. It jumped right out at me because I just saw "punch drunk".

My question is.. How the hell did it happen? When it happened live, I could tell he went down rather awkwardly.. I was actually thinking it could have been a stinger because it looked like maybe a jammed neck.. Which, still fits in the 'neurological' side of things. But, I watched the replay a number of times.. He didn't seem to take a hit to the head. I thought maybe his head was driven into the turf, but that didn't seem to be the case. His head, if it did hit the turf, seemed to be a glancing blow.

Has anyone heard just what happened? That certainly was not a common 'concussion' hit. Maybe a whiplash type thing? The best I could figure, it almost looked like the ball caught him right on the chin.. Which could act like a punch the way he was coming down. And a punch to the chin can do it.
It was a result of helmet to turf impact. Probably more along the lines of a stinger. The helmet to helmet collisions are causes for many concusions.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:13 AM

Mahomes, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Sammy Watkins have been in practice the last 2 days. Looking better for the Chiefs offense.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:46 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
Sounds like Mahomes is cleared to play.

breathing sigh of relief now...

Old 01-24-2021, 08:14 AM

Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire and safety B. Breeland are available to play in today’s game. Edwards-Helaire had 161 yards rushing in the regular season win over the Bills.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:02 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
How were tickets allocated for this game? Too many Bills fans in the stands. COVID weary Chiefs season ticket holders looking to make a healthy profit? It seems like it would be more difficult than ever for away fans to get tickets. Especially in a stadium with a healthy local fan base.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Chiefs defense making some big plays in this game. Mahomes has also been shredding the Bills defense.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:33 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,757,073 times
And with that last TD, up 23 with 7 to go, I think the Chiefs just got themselves into another Super Bowl!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football