Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Danby Designer Microwave

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought the Danby Designer Microwave a few months ago on sale for approximately $25.00. It was purchased to replace my very old, large microwave. It is small and compact, and is perfect for a small kitchen. As a very basic microwave, there is nothing fancy about it. It does everything that a basic microwave needs to do. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to like a smaller microwave. I was thinking that smaller meant less power and that it wouldn't work as well as my ancient one did. I have been proven wrong.

This microwave is very impressive. It is easy to learn and easy to use. The buttons are large enough that even someone with poor eyesight can easily use it. Each button is very clearly labeled. It heats food very nicely, and does a great job defrosting, especially meat. The defrost works by clicking the defrost button then 1 or 2 to set the defrost timer. When the meat has defrosted to a certain point, the microwave automatically shuts off for you to check the progress. If the food needs to be defrosted some more, all you need to do is start the microwave again to finish the cycle. It also heats up liquids efficiently. I haven't tried cooking anything in it yet but I generally don't do that so I can't advise if it does a good job or not. It is lightweight therefore easy to move around when you need to clean it or clean beneath it. Inside the microwave there is a removable turntable. It is easy to remove and easy to replace. Like many microwaves these days, it has separate buttons for popular food items such as baked potato, popcorn, pizza, beverage, frozen dinner, reheat, cook, cook by weight, speed defrost and defrost by weight.

There isn't much that I don't like about this microwave. The main thing that I dislike is that you have to hold the microwave in place when opening the door or the entire machine will move instead of the door opening. You quickly learn to use your other hand or your thumb to hold the machine in place, it becomes an automatic motion.

The price for the Danby Designer Microwave generally ranges from $65.00 and up. It comes in white or black. Overall, I rate this microwave as very good. It has worked extremely well with every application that I have used it for, is easy to use and it doesn't take up much room in the kitchen.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews