Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Krups XP1020 750-Watt Steam Espresso Machine with 4-Cup Glass Carafe

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This is my third Krups espresso machine in the last ten years or so, and it probably will not be my last. My first one lasted me eight years. I still have my second one, and use it at work now that I have this new one at home.

This espresso machine is not as sexy and sophisticated as a lot of the more expensive machines, but it does its job very well. I am not an aficionado, I'm your average daily Starbucks drinker who appreciates a good latte. So, this inexpensive machine ($68 when I bought it) is perfect for me. I calculated what I was spending at Starbucks every month before I bought my first machine, and the Krups paid for itself in two weeks. Considering the years of use I got from my first one, it was a real bargain.

The construction of the Krups is very good. I've never had one break down on me or had to replace any parts. It sits very sturdily on the counter and has a compact footprint, which I really appreciate, as I have little counter space at home. It's also extremely easy to clean. The tray lifts out to be rinsed quickly, the basket doesn't seem to stain as much as other machines I've seen, and the steamer wand is easy to clean as well. I have to admit I usually nuke my milk rather than steam it, but when I have company I use the steamer.

The espresso the Krups produces is very good, especially at its price. It's nice and frothy, with a decent amount of crema every time. I've never had a bad espresso from this machine.

I'm sure my next machine will also be a Krups, as they've given me no reason not to stick with the brand. I may go higher-end next time, just for fun, but this is a great machine for my purposes.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews