Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 11:25 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Honest question, I don't know if women in other countries have the same problem but I have never dated or met a woman in this country who did not suffer from low self esteem, regardless of social status, family upbringing, accomplishments, etc

I have a coworker who is a pretty attractive girl in her early 20's, we went to the Iowa State Fair one night and she told me that she was very self conscious about her face(she has some very small acne scars) and her height (she is about 6'1"). She has no boyfriend and always complains about not being able to find one

I have never had a girlfriend who did not have low self esteem or was happy with herself, what the hell is wrong with our women??
Never trust an attractive woman who moans about not being able to find a boyfriend. It's still wayyy different to being a guy who can't get a girlfriend. What she really means is, 'I can't find a boyfriend with the looks of Brad Pitt and the personality of a saint.'

As to your main question - our society is so looks-obsessed: magazines, tv shows etc. - men are becoming the same too, actually. All insecure, low-self esteem etc. If we change your cultural values and priorities people will begin to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Never trust an attractive woman who moans about not being able to find a boyfriend. It's still wayyy different to being a guy who can't get a girlfriend. What she really means is, 'I can't find a boyfriend with the looks of Brad Pitt and the personality of a saint.'

As to your main question - our society is so looks-obsessed: magazines, tv shows etc. - men are becoming the same too, actually. All insecure, low-self esteem etc. If we change your cultural values and priorities people will begin to change.

"and the wallet of a Donald Trump"

Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
And the long hard cucumber of Ron Jeremy. And the beautiful singing voice of Josh Groban. And the comic wit of Jerry Seinfeld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Oh I forgot, the most important of the three! (although Brad's wallet ain't too thin either)

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 AM

283 posts, read 458,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Womanizing? Now I know you're not addressing me, since I'm not particularly interested in other people at all, certainly not worried about getting into a relationship. As I said, I'm pretty content the way it is.

I definitely don't need someone grouchy like you in my life, that's for sure! Less emotion, more intellect. Try it...you might like it.
he makes a good point. You really seem like a grouchy person. Braunwyn

As for the question Why American women have such low self esteem? Its because they cannot find nor make a good man commit to them. This causes them great pain (lowers their confidence). (Homosexuals too have a hard time finding a mate.)

Once you figure out how controlling you are as a woman. You'll be seeing the difference.

...And yes when you cry and scream your lungs out is an attempt to control someone. You'd all be amazed how much women use those on a daily basis.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
...And yes when you cry and scream your lungs out is an attempt to control someone. You'd all be amazed how much women use those on a daily basis.
Amaze me! How many women do that and how often? And how do you know?

Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
he makes a good point. You really seem like a grouchy person. Braunwyn
Eh, only with select men on this forum.

Quote:
As for the question Why American women have such low self esteem? Its because they cannot find nor make a good man commit to them. This causes them great pain (lowers their confidence). (Homosexuals too have a hard time finding a mate.)

Once you figure out how controlling you are as a woman. You'll be seeing the difference.

I find this thread to be funny and ironic given the other thread hovering in this forum about men considering stretching their legs to gain some height in order to find a lady. Lack of self esteem is not gender specific.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,374,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think just maybe the women with higher self esteem just are not into dating fellows like you. I know many, many women, and most of them don't have a proble with self esteem. Yes, they are interested in looking their best, but that is just about as far as they take it. They do not feel self conscious, usually.

Agree 100%.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
Quote:
h

How many self-proclaimed male "experts" on the subject of women are on this board, now? And this particular gem comes complete with condescending wink at no additional charge! You do realize that most women (and men) who have low self-esteem have had it since childhood, don't you? It doesn't just magically appear because they can't find a date to the prom.

Quote:
Stop watching Lifetime movies! Jeebus.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 AM

283 posts, read 458,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
How many self-proclaimed male "experts" on the subject of women are on this board, now? And this particular gem comes complete with condescending wink at no additional charge! You do realize that most women (and men) who have low self-esteem have had it since childhood, don't you? It doesn't just magically appear because they can't find a date to the prom.

Stop watching Lifetime movies! Jeebus.
I'm perfectly aware of these aspects. read Chilhood lost: How american culture is failing our kids. Edited by Sharna Olfman.

This may educate some of you (those arguing against me).

And so you know crying is an attempt to seek attention. Babies understood this concept extremely well. When they cry it for having their needs met.

For justjulia...... get an education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology