Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."--Confucius. (K'ung Fu-Tzu).
Oh TKramar, someone who thinks women should not work but run the home and the man has to support her because,"that's her job" and "that's his job" is hardly in a position in this day and age (or any age for that matter) to be responding to anything in a relationship forum unless he likes to be ignored or (is) severely challenged. To quote Confucius as a man attuned to this day and age is simply ludicrous. In his day, in China, women were mere chattels in the eyes of most - but not completely. Best you learn your history and not be popping redundant quotes out of thin air. Oops, once again forgot you have me on CD's "ignore" feature so you won't, I suppose, be able to respond. Darn it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM

292 posts, read 635,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dynamo View Post
Weird...

I actually thought many American women go the other way, as in delusionally high self-esteem. Some are just picky to the point of .
That's been my experience too. They forget they also have to bring something to the table.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
What's wrong with our women? Oh, I don't know...probably the same thing that makes balding, pot-bellied, underachieving men think that they have to have a blonde, blue-eyed woman with a 38DD chest, a 24 inch waist, six figures in the bank and an MBA for them to be happy in a serious relationship with her. The rest of mere mortals are in danger of being used as a booty-call.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
What's wrong with our women? Oh, I don't know...probably the same thing that makes balding, pot-bellied, underachieving men think that they have to have a blonde, blue-eyed woman with a 38DD chest, a 24 inch waist, six figures in the bank and an MBA for them to be happy in a serious relationship with her. The rest of mere mortals are in danger of being used as a booty-call.
I was thinking more along the lines of a guy with 3 Master's degrees (including the Almighty MBA), a successful, established career with a 6-figure salary, in addition to owning his own company, owning 3 homes, in great shape, a good dresser, who has lived in different countries, speaks 4 languages, is financially responsible, who is completely smoke-free, alcohol-free, drug-free, who plays sports regularly and is a good salsa dancer. Where would a guy like that find a suitable match?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessClassic View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of a guy with 3 Master's degrees (including the Almighty MBA), a successful, established career with a 6-figure salary, in addition to owning his own company, owning 3 homes, in great shape, a good dresser, who has lived in different countries, speaks 4 languages, is financially responsible, who is completely smoke-free, alcohol-free, drug-free, who plays sports regularly and is a good salsa dancer. Where would a guy like that find a suitable match?
The Millionaire Matchmaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfhqObhDAM

Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The Millionaire Matchmaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfhqObhDAM
No I don't want to be judged by my possessions. They don't bring happiness. To me they are just means to an end. I just brought them up because laorbust61 mentioned "six figures and MBA" in the previous post. I would give it all up to live a simple lifestyle.

Last edited by TimelessClassic; 01-31-2011 at 06:38 PM..

Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Yeah, I can see how you'll have a hell of a time finding somebody at the same level, if that's what you're seeking.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:21 PM

339 posts, read 836,999 times
I find it fascinating that men are shamed for wanting a woman who is “out of their league,” but women are encouraged to never settle and to keep holding out for men who have more options then they do! Women are given a pass for behavior that is discouraged in men.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
No I don't want to be judged by my possessions.
Didn't you just draw all kinds of unnecessary attention to your financial, educational, and physical status ?! pfffff!

rofl

Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Didn't you just draw all kinds of unnecessary attention to your financial, educational, and physical status ?! pfffff!

rofl
Indeed and good call. I laughed out loud at the 'Almighty' MBA. LOL.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology