Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 02:48 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,204 times

Advertisements

I think its about your environment. You sound unhappy with your situation in your posts. Id suggest maybe transferring back to somewhere where you are comfortable. There are many good schools in the new york area. Youll thrive rather then be grinded to a former shell. I think it would be a good change for you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
I don't know anything interesting that i am good at
I really think you should see a professional. You had a boyfriend, didn't you? You have somebody helping you go through school, don't you?

I'm not a professional but I see somebody extremely down on themselves, and isolating. That's not good!

You have interests, you have opinions. Quite feisty ones, sometimes!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Every one of us may at times feel that another person is dull, trashy, has no personality, and so forth. But in reality these "feelings" relating to others are seldom true. In fact, there is a good chance that our perceptions of others are just our own (we are seeing ourselves). There is no way for one to realize that another is dull, boring, happy, unhappy, etc., unless one experiences these "feelings" from childhood. So, I could feel that another person is dull (for example), but another person may not feel the same way I do about the same person.

Have you ever seen mothers who simply hate their son or daughter in law, even if her son or daughter is happy and gets along well with the person?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
Quote:
I have been told I have none.

The response there is, "And you seem to have an overabundance of it. Would you care to share?"

Really. Whoever told you that has the manners--and personality--of a rutting goat.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
People get into lousy relationships all the time and they stay in them for the sex and foreplay.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no

Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
You know, maybe you shouldn't worry... or at least as far as marriage is concerned. Many guys seem to prefer "no personality" to "too much personality"! I think had I stayed back in my home country, odds were nobody would marry me. Somehow they liked me as a girlfriend, but didn't want to deal with me as a wife.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,995 times
Quote:
I don't know anything interesting that i am good at
I didn't add the word interesting for a reason.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:15 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
I didn't add the word interesting for a reason.
I didn't add the word interesting because people who are insecure tend to look to others for what is interesting. Then you have to be lucky to find that person who won't answer that for you but allow you to determine it for yourself. Even if you do meet them, they probably will annoy you so you move on.

If you have met people who try to answer it for you, they just don't know better. Many times those people are just good at spending money.

I don't know how old you are but it is normal to go through a period where you look to others to validate you. The best outcome is for you to conclude that you will follow the path you choose. The worst outcome is to keep doing what others expect of you. Either way, you have to make the decision, nobody else does that for you.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,721,562 times
Quote:
In my free time I like to dance and workout, I don't work at the moment still trying to find a job. I am in college and yes I am shy and insecure. The funny thing is I used to live in NY, and used to be loud and social and ahd friends....but when I moved down south I felt alienated and became boring and closed off.
Don't be insecure....please! You have nothing to feel insecure about. Meet new people. Most of them will simply be "acquaintences", however, a few of them may be your new friends. Another aside here...do NOT worry about what others think so much, okay? If you find a couple of people interesting and fun, but others don't, who CARES! Find your niche. Choose what you want to do, what YOUR interests are. Try new things. Go new places. There are people out there who share your interests and because of your youth, there are so many things you haven't tried, so many things you haven't done, so you don't really know what it is that you will like until you step out there.

Oh tweety, please don't worry about whether or not others judge you. Many, many people are just like you....just trying to find a place where they fit into the puzzle. Enjoy life sweetheart. Don't waste one more minute being lonely. Be who you are....and know that that is all you have to be...and that's good enough! Truly!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,408,147 times
Smile Here...

Go to your nearest Hospital or Clinic and ask to speak to one of their
Coders/Billers...you'll never ask this question again.
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology