Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 AM

521 posts, read 762,845 times

Advertisements

Why? If they are unhappy, why are they being forced to live?

I seriously don't want to live anymore, because I feel that I have no value to society or anybody. I'm so angry that I even exist.

» Kinda Wish The First Ever Black Miss Israel Was Hotter Barstool Sports: Philly

After reading this article, it really depressed me. Because it hits close to home so much. It makes me angry that my parents decided to mate with each other, what were they thinking knowing how hard it would be for me?? Why did they do this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
I don't feel people should do themselves in because I KNOW they can drastically change their lives, start a new life, and be quite happy!

I KNOW they live within a certain set of "walls" which they have never ventured out of, never seen the many other things which are out in the world, never seen how other people live their lives, don't know about these things.

Sort of like a person living in a small town all their lives - never going to visit the big city - that is all they know.

For example - I've known a few "big shot" corporation presidents or whatever who have told me they would much rather have a simple life without all the stress and worry. Well they can do just that!

Or maybe it is someone religious and they think that is the only life they can lead. Actually they could move away, do all sorts of "naughty" things, and have the time of their lives!

Or the opposite. Maybe someone is living a naughty life and not happy with it. Well perhaps they could join a church and switch to living a clean moral life. And that would make them happy.

I've gone to homeless shelters and seen a LOT of very happy people! They have no "things" and thus no worries and no stress. Try volunteering at a homeless shelter. Get to know these people. They have a certain wisdom about themselves.

Anyway DRASTIC changes can be made in a person's life. New things can be tried and done. Different cities can be visited or lived in. And people can change the people they hang around with...

-If you hang around in bars, switch to hanging around with volunteer groups or church people (or the opposite) - quite a difference!

-If you hang around with rich people, switch to hanging around with poor people. Or if you hang around poor people, switch to hanging around with rich people.

-If there are a lot of "jerks" around you like the guy who wrote the comments in that story above, note that there are a LOT of men who are not like that out there!

And let's think about this... Why would that guy run down that very attractive lady? Probably because women like that have nothing to do with him! (Sour grapes!) I certainly don't care to be around negative people like that guy.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:01 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
Was your name nyanna on this forum at some point?

In my opinion, I see suicide as a cop out and an indication that a person is unwilling or unable to allow themselves to change the way they view themselves and their reality. Basically, given the part of the world we live in, their barriers are more mental than they are physical, which, in my opinion, is far worse! They need help. It demonstrates mental stuckness and is something that can be overcome in the grand scheme of things if people only realize that it doesn't matter what people do to you, after that moment has passed, it's past and you need to work to move forward.

Many of the issues you've shared here have been self-imposed and of your own mind, and we've told you this, most of us not to be insulting, but to help you see yourself and actions in a different light.

Because you'e considering suicide, I would recommend contacting the suicide hotline.

Here's the number:

Suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 AM

175 posts, read 279,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post

I seriously don't want to live anymore, because I feel that I have no value to society or anybody. I'm so angry that I even exist.

» Kinda Wish The First Ever Black Miss Israel Was Hotter Barstool Sports: Philly

After reading this article, it really depressed me. Because it hits close to home so much. It makes me angry that my parents decided to mate with each other, what were they thinking knowing how hard it would be for me?? Why did they do this??
Because it gets better.

Because it will cause unspeakable pain to those that love you, and the most tragic part is that it will be too late for you to realize how much you really are loved.

Because everyone on this earth has gifts and talents to share with their world which will also nourish their own meaning.

Because life is a messy, vulnerable experience with gems of joy and connection strung in. I bet if you write some of these experiences on a piece of paper it will not be blank. Same with writing down the name of every person that has ever loved you, everything you have accomplished, etc.

Again, mainly because it gets better. Watch youtube clips of survivors of suicide attempts. As a survivor from a Golden Gate Bridge jump said, and I'm paraphrasing, "I realized that everything in my life could be fixed, except the fact that I just jumped." Do you want those to be your last thoughts? Do you want your loved ones to be tormented wondering if those were your last thoughts?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockababy View Post
I'm going to start planning my funeral. I dont think anyone will ever love me
I've had this thought before...except in reverse.
"I'm going to start planning my funeral so that everyone I love knows they're expected to be there."

Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:

Because the people who love them will be in pain for the rest of their lives.

It takes courage to go on sometimes. For every why me question, there is always the why not me question.
Each one of has some talent or gift. It is your responsibility to find yours. It is a useless waste of emotional energy to be angry with your parents about conceiving you. Life--yours and everyone else's--is a gift. There are people your age right now who would give anything NOT to have face death. Your life is a gift.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Suicide is believed to be a form of mental illness, or the result of mental illness. We do not kill people for being mentally ill and should not allow them to do it either. Just like we do not execute people who get a cold or the flu. Instead we as a society prefer to treat them and try to make them well again. Just like someone with a cold, many people who are mentally ill and contemplating suicide get well again on their own, some need treatment.

What few people seem to understand is being unhappy is a condition caused by you, not by others and not by the world. If you can learn to make yourself happy again, then you will be happy and glad you are alive. The hard part is learning how to be happy. That is where many people need treatment.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:04 PM

786 posts, read 1,593,699 times
Default Why discourage suicide

Folks who contemplate suicide are on a spectrum of psychic pain. Some have intermittent suicidal thoughts for many years but have the impulse control not to act on those thoughts and push on and live their life as best they can, and are typically functional having families, working, etc. Sometimes, people feel very dark inside, no hope for change, nothing to live for, some have unremitting pain or disabilities that they don't feel like dealing with anymore, alcohol and drug use can contribute, the fact that a family member before you has completed a suicide makes you think more about it as a reasonable alternative to living, social and family isolation is a factor, and the list goes on. Life is all about balance, most of us are off balance most of the time, we cherish the great times, and push through the lows. If suicidal thinking is because of depression, there's great treatment for that, in fact, most if not all of the factors that contribute to suicidal thinking can be changed, but the change comes from within, not from a pill or a therapist. Medication and therapy are only part of the solution. Becoming more connected to others, maximizing what you have in the here and now and avoid hanging on to the past and possibly better times, etc. Discouraging suicide is important because life is a growing process, everyone has obstacles in their life and we learn how to either get around them, or if not, how to best manage them. People who suicide don't get the opportunity to proceed forward to a point where they may enjoy the success of their life struggles. When people are in such pain that they contemplate suicide, wouldn't it be horrific if they got stuck right where they were, in tremendous psychic pain. I don't believe we die when our physical bodies do, they're just a vehicle that we borrow through life. Who can say? But that's my take on why suicide is to be discouraged despite being understood for people who suffer tragedies, illness, chronic pain or illness, who want relief, and they suicide, I would never judge anyone who takes their own life but would do my best to offer any help I could.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 PM

823 posts, read 1,974,714 times
Red, are you saying this because of your problems to reach orgasm? Or you mean in general?

if it's the first answer, just keep trying, you'll find a guy who do you properly. If it's the second, you should call the suicide hot line, pronto.

PS, I don´t know what's so hot about that line, but anyways.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:

If someone wants to really kill themselves there isn't anyone to really stop them. Even if they get temporarily stopped by being hospitalized, they will eventually get out. Your parents would never know anything about how their child/children (you) would turn out, or what they would face in life. You certainly cannot blame your parents for loving each other and wanting a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology