Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
I've pretty much repped all that I can on this thread. I appreciate the people that make this planet a little better for all of us.
I know what you mean - SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE CONSIDERATE PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T RAISED IN A BARN AND WON'T RAISE THEIR KIDS IN ONE EITHER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
I see also that there have been a lot of fantasies from the cart zealots about laziness. Which is pretty funny since, unless you're a professionally athlete, I bet I burn more calories than you in a day.

Most days my legs are so sore from exercise it hurts just to walk. Once again sorry to bust your fantasy.

You shopping cart zealots may return your carts, but I bet there are other things you do on a daily basis that annoys others around you. Texas horse lady, for example, has gotten into a lot of hot water in the Automotive forum for being a left lane camper. But she doesn't care that she annoys others in this manner. If she rides her horse on public trails, I bet she doesn't stop to clear up the poop to be courteous to other trail users either.

So here's a clue people, unless my cart rolls away or is left in a parking spot, it doesn't affect you and is none of your business. It's between me and the store. You need to get over yourself and look in the mirror. Sitting in judgment of others for such a petty thing (remember it doesn't even effect you in any way shape of form) makes you look small and petty.

The big bad world isn't yours to control. Just try turning a little of that negativity and judgment on yourselves. Change the things you can and have the strength to endure the things you can't.

Since this is the Psychology forum it's worth noting that people who are so rigid with rules often have Aspergers. I hope that helps you see how others see you.

Life with Aspergers: Aspergers and Rules
And you have just shown that you don't read for comprehension, because NUMEROUS times in that forum I have stated in words of one syllable that I do NOT drive in the left lane unless I am actively passing someone, and usually (if three lanes are available) drive in the middle lane so the speed addicts can zoom by and pull off the cops up ahead and those who are entering the freeway can do so more easily. But don't let the facts get in your way!

I don't consider myself to have been in "hot water" in those threads, either, though there are quite a few entitled people in them (very much like those who, because they are, yes, LAZY if it comes to doing anything that they don't want to do just because it's considerate of others, are here).

Very familiar with Aspergers, by the way. Nope, don't have it - it's pretty specific, really.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Because everyone gets a trophy....When you grow up thinking you are special and used to being the center of attention, you do what you want.

I teach high school. Every year I have students refuse to clean up after themselves because that's what janitors are for. They justify this by saying if they didn't leave messes the janitors would be out of a job. Acorns do not fall far from the tree....

People leave carts wherever because they think they're the only ones who count....because they think it's someone else's job to clean up after them...because they still want to feel special like they did when they were a kid and everyone worried about them but didn't expect them to reciprocate.

In short, because they were raised to be inconsiderate jerks.

We so need to go back to the days when you set the table with the special dishware when company came and got out the good towels. When friends came over they got the first slice of pizza. When you held open doors for strangers and used surnames for adults. We have failed to teach our kids to be polite. Long ago, you treated company special and when you were company you were treated special. Today everyone thinks they should be treated special and no one is. I liked polite yesteryear.

Seriously, today was the first day of school. I was struggling to bring in a tote and had the tote balanced on my knee and was reaching for the door when a kid comes up beside me, opens the door next to me and walks right through. My mother would have KILLED me if I did that.

I return carts...I hold open doors...I put clothes I look at back in the store on the hanger...because other people count too. I refuse to be an inconsiderate oaf just because I live among them....
This post, and especially the bolded line, pretty much sums it up.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
You should really think things through before clicking POST?

The person on the receiving end of that vandalism will be out of pocket and loose use of their car while the repairs are made. So while the body repair store gets more business, there is a OBVIOUS negative impact on the person who owns the car, duh!

On the other hand, the cart boy gets more hours and gets more $ and has more variety in his job. And, yes, he will obviously have to do more work. That's usually the way employment works.

I never use the self check outs for the same reason. People need jobs.

It's also worth noting that asking an employe to walk your cart to your car, and help you unload is going to take more time and effort than just collecting a wayward cart.
DUH! The person on the receiving end of a stray cart rolling merrily along and slamming into their car is going to experience the same, OBVIOUS, NEGATIVE impact.

WTH? Do you think a dent or scratch from a stray buggy repairs itself?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
On the contrary, take a look at any supermarket parking lot. Plenty of people share my opinion.
All you you've accomplished is to show just how much trouble you have minding you own business.

Maybe I should start a thread, "What causes people to think they can mind other people's business?"
And just about everywhere I go.....I see litter strewn about......so I guess quite a few people think that it is OK to litter.

That doesn't mean I am going to do it.

BTW Colorado.....if all of your friends jumped off a cliff........ would you jump too? LOL

Old 09-03-2013, 10:21 PM

186 posts, read 362,379 times
let's hope so, since birds of a feather, and all that. good riddance

Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
It is so strange that you should mention this now. Recently I've seen a few shopping carts at my neighborhood dumpster and the leasing people just put up a sign about it. People don't read clearly because the carts were still there. The sign even said something about reporting anyone who does this. I guess it doesn't matter because no one enforces that rule. The good thing though is if they're putting it at the dumpster at least it's not affecting anyone whereas my mom gets perturbed when she sees it in the parking lot because someone could hit it with their car.
So stealing the cart from the store that owns it is alright as long as it doesn't damage something??

Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
DUH! The person on the receiving end of a stray cart rolling merrily along and slamming into their car is going to experience the same, OBVIOUS, NEGATIVE impact.

WTH? Do you think a dent or scratch from a stray buggy repairs itself?
Go back and read my posts. I specifically stated that I don't leave carts unsecured and/or in vacant parking spaces. If i did that, I agree it would be a jerk move.

I always go to considerable trouble to make sure the cart isn't going anywhere. Sometimes that means the corral and other times it means putting the front wheels over the curb and into the gravel and the back wheels firm up again the curb so it doesn't take up space.

I've had my cars/truck damaged many times by people who can't turn their neck to look when they back out. I've probably spent close to $2,000 in body work.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
And you have just shown that you don't read for comprehension, because NUMEROUS times in that forum I have stated in words of one syllable that I do NOT drive in the left lane unless I am actively passing someone, and usually (if three lanes are available) drive in the middle lane so the speed addicts can zoom by and pull off the cops up ahead and those who are entering the freeway can do so more easily. But don't let the facts get in your way!

I don't consider myself to have been in "hot water" in those threads, either, though there are quite a few entitled people in them (very much like those who, because they are, yes, LAZY if it comes to doing anything that they don't want to do just because it's considerate of others, are here).

Very familiar with Aspergers, by the way. Nope, don't have it - it's pretty specific, really.
What about the horse poop?

Or do you ride a unicorn that poops rainbows?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:06 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times
Saw this and thought of this thread:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology