Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:35 PM

131 posts, read 160,686 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have been having quite a few sex dreams lately. It's kind of embarrassing to admit that lol! I'm not sure what's going on or why it's happening. I am sexually active. Sometimes my sex partner is my husband, sometimes it's a stranger I guess...although the person is not a stranger in the dream if that makes sense. I have been seduced and been the initiator, there seems to be no pattern.
Any thoughts? No jokes please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Why are you surprised that your dreams mirror your real life experiences, as well as your thoughts, hopes and fears?

Old 10-19-2013, 11:04 PM

I am surprised, because it seemed I am having them so frequently lately. In the past it seemed I would I would dream of this once or twice a month and now it seems like it's 3-4 times a week and even sometimes more than once a night. It's puzzling to me.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Lucky you.

Dreaming can run in cycles, possibly associated with changes in the amount of sleep your are needing or getting. Which itself can be thrown off by changesl in eating, routine, stress, or just hormonal cycles.

I find that when I go through stages where I am not sleeping through the night and dozing off in the daytime, I more often have lucid dreams. I have the good luck to never have bad or disturbing dreams, and I haven't had a nightmare since I was about 8 years old.

Personally, I do not subscribe to the "meaning of dreams" psychology. When someone asks me what it means if they have a certain dream, I tell them "it means you were sleeping".

Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
Move the dreams into reality with your current partner. You be the aggressor, the recipient, the spectator (not with another). Watch them woo you. Enjoy the thrill of the chase by being chased. And do a bit of chasing yourself. Keep it in the relationship and it should be good fun to fulfill. I can't think of anything that would go wrong in this scenario if you are in a committed, monogamous relationship.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
I gather these are enjoyable dreams? Sometimes we dream about something we were thinking about before sleep...not to worry, unless they turn into nightmares.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
Move the dreams into reality with your current partner. You be the aggressor, the recipient, the spectator (not with another). Watch them woo you. Enjoy the thrill of the chase by being chased. And do a bit of chasing yourself. Keep it in the relationship and it should be good fun to fulfill. I can't think of anything that would go wrong in this scenario if you are in a committed, monogamous relationship.
Oh, I have been! My husband and I are having a very good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I gather these are enjoyable dreams? Sometimes we dream about something we were thinking about before sleep...not to worry, unless they turn into nightmares.
They were very enjoyable, I was just puzzled, because they seemed to happen so suddenly and out of nowhere. I'm too old for puberty and too young for menopause so it was a strange, but welcome change.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:27 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,922 times
Haha I wouldn't worry about it. I have had sex dreams with 'faceless' people too. My latest one was about the football player Peyton Manning. So you can't possibly feel weirder than I do, lol.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:46 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,854 times
It means your body wants good, satisfying sex and it's getting an outlet through dreams.

Buy a good vibrator.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
Oh, I have been! My husband and I are having a very good time.

They were very enjoyable, I was just puzzled, because they seemed to happen so suddenly and out of nowhere. I'm too old for puberty and too young for menopause so it was a strange, but welcome change.
lucky you, enjoy them while they last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology