Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 08:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Good article. The manifesto is an idea from LA Fitness killer George Sodini, who was mentioned by some crazies on PUA Hate. Maybe he was behind recent activity in Sodini threads. I think the website has been permanently taken down, and some of its members likely are under investigation. I consider it to have been one of the most truthful sites out there. Unfortunately, the reality of today's dating world can lead men to act badly. I've yet to hear any women nod and seriously say, Maybe we should adjust our behavior. Would you rather this kind of thing happen more and more often? My prediction is that.

Re first male sexual experiences, it's possible they are often with prostitutes, which more shy males seem disinclined to do.

Adjust what? Because as a woman, I don't see it. Many of the guys on here, and on those PUA or PUAhate forums have a distorted idea of how many men are clamoring for a given woman's attention. It is absolutely possible to be an attractive woman and go to a bar, and not have a single guy approach you. It happens all the time.

This myth that woman have endless choices and are swatting men away like so many flies---as a woman, I just don't see it. Single women are always talking about how hard it is to meet guys, decent guys who want a relationship not just a one-night-stand. Now, if you think success is a one-night stand, that's one's perogative, but it's not what most women are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 08:21 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
I have thought quite a bit about this since I saw his YouTube videos and I'm kind of disappointed in the media analysis (mostly CNN and Al Jezeera is all I can get on the weekends). They seem to be struggling with the fact the kid was articulate and could spell, and didn't seem to be overtly psychotic, wasn't hearing voices, etc. So they label him with a "profound personality disorder" which is pretty vague and an insult to people with relatively harmless (to others) disabilities such as SPD or GAD.

My thought is that he was profoundly narcissistic and somewhat obsessive, to the point that his thinking was distorted enough to have paranoid features. It just so happened that he fastened his thinking on women and sex; it could have been anything. Some kids set their sights on being the top academic achiever and resent any who surpass them. Others would focus more on material possessions or looks or popularity in general. With him it was just his ineptitude with women that fed his resentment and ultimately his rage. He could just has well have gone around shooting people for being better looking or any other random thing his mind might have fastened on.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Cartels do NOT like anything that even appears to threaten their power.

The Colombians have killed judges who wouldn't let themselves be bought. The DeBeers (maybe didn't spell that right, who cares) cartel has murdered people who tried to sell diamonds outside of their (DeBeers) control.

This cartel is no different. Prostitution threatens its power. Luckily they haven't started killing hookers or Johns.
True.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Actually, this guy was kind of lazy in his mental capacity. Why didn't he entertain the idea of going outside of his peripheral diameters of college loooking for a mate? He didn't make any attempt at his college and made no attempt outside of his college. He really made no effort at all because as I said earlier, he was more in love with an idea in his head that really wasn't going to happen for him. So, he didn't like it ( boo-hoo)

Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,691,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Actually, a twitter feed led me to this site which the comments claim he comes from some kind of "wizard" forum:

Elliot Rodger's Final Videos, Misogynistic and Racist Postings Leaked

For an added bonus, the SJWs are on full-on zerg rush mode right now:

'The True Alpha Male': Elliot Rodger and Aggrieved White Male Entitlement Syndrome

Take from it what you will.
Interesting that he hated Asians when he himself was biracial Asian-White:

"Rodger, however, apparently did not only hate women. His PuaHate postings include rants against interracial dating and black, Asian and Indian men."

There were a lot of layers to his craziness, and it makes you wonder to what extent, if any, racial self-hatred may have fed into his obsession with unattainable and "rejecting" blonds.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:49 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I'm not necessarily blaming forum members. It's mostly that pesky phenomenon known as confirmation bias that's the issue.

It's just like finding "expert" opinions and statistics to support one's side of a debate - with a quick Google search, you can evidence that agrees with you. Confirmation bias means that you're going to ignore the ample evidence against your claim, and stick to the evidence that supports it. I think the same sort of thing happened in Rodger's case. The Bodybuilding forum (which I hate to see getting such a bad rep right now, I'm not a member but I love reading that site) had posters who chided Rodger's posts, but it seems like he was too far into believing his manifesto for anything those posters said to have changed his mind at that point. PUA Hate, on the other hand and from the articles I've read, is one of those sites with "evidence" that Rodgers used to support his beliefs.

Both sites are deleting everything related to the guy, but you can still see a lot of it as cached pages.

One of the articles that discusses how PUA Hate fueled his fire: The Disturbing Internet Footprint Of Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger - Forbes

That's got to be considered destruction of evidence.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:14 PM

266 posts, read 285,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
PUA Hate, on the other hand and from the articles I've read, is one of those sites with "evidence" that Rodgers used to support his beliefs.
This wasn't him but it was from that forum:
Quote:
You need a teardrop-shaped inner canthus

One where the inner point of it points in a downward direction. You need this on at least one side.

You will find that all *attractive* people, be they female, male, masculine or feminine have this quality. There are almost no exceptions. There are some (not many) 7's who lack it, but no real stunners, ever. Does not exist.

Show me one example to disprove me and I will swallow my words.

Also, it often happens a person has it more on one side than the other. This is enough.
ETA: The canthus is the corner of the eye http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canthus

Last edited by camanchaca; 05-25-2014 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: wiki link

Old 05-25-2014, 09:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
I think there's a lot more to it than him just not getting laid. Ultimately it boils down to there was something SEVERELY damaged in his brain. A neuron wasn't firing or a couple of them were connected that shouldn't have been.

He tried the PUA stuff....he had the knowledge right at his fingertips that could have had him awash in....female attention...for as long as he was willing to wear stupid hats or carry a huge feather or whatever, and be a dancing monkey performing for a treat.

Maybe he read the wrong stuff, concentrated on the hideous shirts and dumb props, and never bothered to delve into the psychology part of it. Maybe he never truly grasped the concept of hypergamy or Briffault's Law.

Who knows?

What I do know is, other posters were right: this society is hypersexualized. And men are conditioned to believe basically from birth that their value is somehow derived from their ability to gain access to a woman's orifices. If they can't do that, they are considered even less human than men already are. The propaganda is constant, and the pressure is from all sides. Whether it's to consciously distract from how men are considered nothing more than disposable work horses or cannon fodder, or that's just a side effect, I don't know. And I don't care to consider it too much because, well, I have a lot better things to do. I've overcome the conditioning, I don't base my value on gaining access to an orifice, and I reject all the bulldrek that society tries to shove down my throat.

It's too bad that this guy obviously couldn't do that. If he'd discovered a few other sites instead of PUAHate, he may have come to understand it all, and found the ability to let go of all the anger and hate. He'd be happily driving his nice car around and spending daddy's money, racing jet skis, partying it up, touring the world, whatever he wanted to do. Instead, he fixated....and it led to his doom. And ended the lives of several other people.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this kind of thing in the future. There are tens of millions of young men worldwide, with no jobs, no purpose, and no hope. And while they don't yet realize it on a conscious level, they understand deep in their minds that they're not part of the top 2% of men, nor are they the thug criminal types, and so they are unwanted by women. Now combine that with a hypersexualized society that tells them they're nothing if they can't bed a different woman every week, that treats them like they're nothing more than a tool for someone else, that they're all potential rapists and should never be allowed anywhere where there are children or women, that all the problems in the world are THEIR fault, and let them see men portrayed only as idiotic buffoons or violent animals on TV and in movies.

How does this NOT sound like a recipe for disaster?
Also count the underground belief that marriage is now a booby prize for most men who might get it if they try long and hard enough (including slaving to become financially successful). He openly said he didn't want to wait for that and is now the poster boy for disaster.

Why do you believe he tried PUA? It seems mostly for guys older than that, and the most active part of PUA Hate hardly discussed pick-up during the time he was there. Also, I think he probably saw most 'game' as beneath him and, per the growing belief that it's largely a scam, unlikely to work.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:20 PM

542 posts, read 692,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I am concerned with all the female hate I read here sometimes. Women are just like men. We are not some alien species that seeks to hurt men. Sure there are some women who are jerks, but that's not a majority of women.
I agree. There was a post earlier on this thread that pretty much stated that women's "common behaviors" are what are driving men to violence. Oy.

I do think the greater problem lies with society at large - we need to stop using 'virgin' as an insult, and stop revering sexual encounters so much, especially for young men. I read books by Christopher Pike as a teen, and I remember one quote (paraphrased): "Scoring with a chick meant more than scoring a touchdown in the big game." I think our culture pushes men to feel their identity and self-worth coming from their ability to be with women (and also for women, to be sexy enough to attract men).

In the book The Gift of Fear, which discusses violence, the author writes that many of the men who stalk and kill their wives/girlfriends/exes do it because their sense of identity is wrapped up in having that person. When I was reading Elliot Rodger's manifesto, that's what crossed my mind - but he seems to have extended 'girlfriend' to the whole of the gender.

I wish we could decrease the pressure society places on having a boyfriend/girlfriend/sexual encounters. There's so much focus on "couples" too, in events and activities. Being single - for whatever reason - is often viewed as negative.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Interesting that he hated Asians when he himself was biracial Asian-White:

"Rodger, however, apparently did not only hate women. His PuaHate postings include rants against interracial dating and black, Asian and Indian men."

There were a lot of layers to his craziness, and it makes you wonder to what extent, if any, racial self-hatred may have fed into his obsession with unattainable and "rejecting" blonds.
I can almost guarantee that the main stream media will completely brush over the REAL reasons for this guy's rage. I think that people tend to think of Asians as "model minorities" so there couldn't possibly be any issues that arise out of the offspring between Whites and Asians.

The poet/artist Kip Fulbreck has written about the issues of Eurasian males. This is an excerpt of his story...

Half-White Half-Asian Like Me

How do you think it feels to be the son of a white man and Asian woman? | Stuff Eurasian Males Like

Whats it like being Half-White and Half-Asian?

That's an important question for a changing America. With the flood of interracial relationships, and with mixed-race being the fastest growing race in America, there are going to be quite a few Hapa males around. White-Asian marriages seem to be the most common mix. If close to 50% of Asian women marry White men, and 50% of them have males as kids, that means 1 in 4 Asian-American women are going to have a Hapa male like me as a son. So yeah Hapa males are kind of a big deal when 25% of Asian-American women have them as kids.

So what is it like? Humiliation, degradation, terror, fear, embarrassment, shame, self-hated, angst, debasement, sadness, hopelessness, pain, anger, rage, etc etc need I go on? You can’t imagine the internal conflict. The brutal civil war inside all Hapa males. The Hapa Paradox. We exist because Asian men are humiliated and emasculated, and yet we are Asian males. We are at war with ourselves from birth. The idea that an Asian man like me, is genetically 50% white, and carries ONLY the white-male Y chromosome. The Asian Y-chromosome is dead in me. Asian maleness is dead in me. I’m a Eunuch. I’m an Asian male inside a dead Asian male.
That is what it means to be half-white, half-asian.

What kind of life do WM/AFs think they can give their Asian-looking sons? What goes through their heads, when the DR says “its a boy”? What right do they think they have to rule over an Asian man? What makes a white man and an asian woman a parent to an asian man? How can they curse an innocent infant with such a miserable life that they have created? they make this world a shytty place to be an Asian male, and they they create an Asian male. It is the worst form of child abuse.

Its bad enough being an Asian-American male watching WM/AF from the outside. Can you imagine being a Hapa male, feeling WM/AF from the INSIDE? Feeling WM/AF inside you? It is a rape. Life is just a long torture and rape for the Hapa male. Hated by all. Asian males hate hapa males too, when they realize they are hapa. But Asian men are right to hate Hapas. When they look at me, all they can see is WM/AF.

Can I blame Asian men for hating me, when I hate myself far far far more for the exact same reason? If they knew more about me, they would hate me more. To the white race, I’m just yellow subhuman scum. The best I can do is get on my knees, and constantly advertise my white dad, and beg for a modicum of acceptance. The good guys hate me because I’m evil, the bad guys hate me because they are evil. Hapas are unloveable monsters. Freaks. Beasts. Subhuman scum. We wander this earth, hounded from all directions. Strangers in every land. Homeless. Raceless. Strangers to strangers. We are ghosts without bodies. And then I think 1/4 children Asian women produce are in my exact same situation. To be hapa is to be hapless. The one good thing about being hapa is you have 1 WM/AF in the world you can hold hostage- your own parents. WM/AFs don’t have to give a shyt what their Asian brothers, fathers, family and friends think. They do have to give a little crap what their own son thinks. So its a big deal to them, when the offspring of WM/AF calls out WM/AF to their face. That is the one power in the world, Hapas possess, the power to be a terrible son. Hows that for a revolt against Confucian filial piety?

Will you call me a racist if I say I hate white men? How can you when I am just as white as I am Asian? If I’m to give the devil his due, and say one nice thing about white men it is that his sperm produces beautiful daughters, while Asian sperm produces repulsive she-beasts.

A whiteboy writes:”WHITE GUYS AND ASIAN GIRLS ARE THE FUTURE , TOGETHER THEY ARE GOING TO CREATE A EURASIAN SUPER RACE OF BEAUTIFUL AND HYPERINTELLIGENT CHILDREN” Glad to be part of that future of beautiful and intelligent Eurasian males, who get treated by the world as Asians and thus look at WM/AFs including their own parents the same way bitter Asian guys do.

So anyway thats just a little window into the world of the Hapa man, one of the fastest growing populations in 21st century America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology