Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 04:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times

Advertisements

The manifesto is an unhappy read, but at least there he seems a human being and not the lunatic he was in the videos (perhaps taking recreational drugs to psych himself up). You can see exactly how things went wrong, from loving, possibly overindulgent parents, a set of friends, and reasonable expectations of a good life to ostracism from being forced into the wrong social environments and being physically and socially underdeveloped. Divorce didn't help. His life really did end at puberty, like some people on Pua Hate would complain. If he had been raised throughout in a 1950's kind of middle-class town (minus 1950's racism), I think he would have done okay in life. Edit: he wrote about that what-if himself.

Also, I like how he called out a girl named Pollina as the epitome of a bad female. Google her, and I think you'll see he probably was right. Much of the male frustration, I think, is from the more visible, attractive women often being like that.

Last edited by goodheathen; 05-25-2014 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 05:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Yes.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:25 PM

323 posts, read 308,473 times
I think there's a lot more to it than him just not getting laid. Ultimately it boils down to there was something SEVERELY damaged in his brain. A neuron wasn't firing or a couple of them were connected that shouldn't have been.

He tried the PUA stuff....he had the knowledge right at his fingertips that could have had him awash in....female attention...for as long as he was willing to wear stupid hats or carry a huge feather or whatever, and be a dancing monkey performing for a treat.

Maybe he read the wrong stuff, concentrated on the hideous shirts and dumb props, and never bothered to delve into the psychology part of it. Maybe he never truly grasped the concept of hypergamy or Briffault's Law.

Who knows?

What I do know is, other posters were right: this society is hypersexualized. And men are conditioned to believe basically from birth that their value is somehow derived from their ability to gain access to a woman's orifices. If they can't do that, they are considered even less human than men already are. The propaganda is constant, and the pressure is from all sides. Whether it's to consciously distract from how men are considered nothing more than disposable work horses or cannon fodder, or that's just a side effect, I don't know. And I don't care to consider it too much because, well, I have a lot better things to do. I've overcome the conditioning, I don't base my value on gaining access to an orifice, and I reject all the bulldrek that society tries to shove down my throat.

It's too bad that this guy obviously couldn't do that. If he'd discovered a few other sites instead of PUAHate, he may have come to understand it all, and found the ability to let go of all the anger and hate. He'd be happily driving his nice car around and spending daddy's money, racing jet skis, partying it up, touring the world, whatever he wanted to do. Instead, he fixated....and it led to his doom. And ended the lives of several other people.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this kind of thing in the future. There are tens of millions of young men worldwide, with no jobs, no purpose, and no hope. And while they don't yet realize it on a conscious level, they understand deep in their minds that they're not part of the top 2% of men, nor are they the thug criminal types, and so they are unwanted by women. Now combine that with a hypersexualized society that tells them they're nothing if they can't bed a different woman every week, that treats them like they're nothing more than a tool for someone else, that they're all potential rapists and should never be allowed anywhere where there are children or women, that all the problems in the world are THEIR fault, and let them see men portrayed only as idiotic buffoons or violent animals on TV and in movies.

How does this NOT sound like a recipe for disaster?

Old 05-25-2014, 06:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Re-open Craig's List Erotic Services section (which was shut down by the gov't several years ago)...problem solved.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:59 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Seriously? You believe there are "tens of millions" of young men out there who are unwanted by all women?

I think you are the one who needs some perspective.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Re-open Craig's List Erotic Services section (which was shut down by the gov't several years ago)...problem solved.
It really is beyond the pale of absurdity that prostitution is not only illegal, but that the laws against it are actively enforced despite the many better things law enforcement could be doing with its resources.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It really is beyond the pale of absurdity that prostitution is not only illegal, but that the laws against it are actively enforced despite the many better things law enforcement could be doing with its resources.
Cartels do NOT like anything that even appears to threaten their power.

The Colombians have killed judges who wouldn't let themselves be bought. The DeBeers (maybe didn't spell that right, who cares) cartel has murdered people who tried to sell diamonds outside of their (DeBeers) control.

This cartel is no different. Prostitution threatens its power. Luckily they haven't started killing hookers or Johns.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Seriously? You believe there are "tens of millions" of young men out there who are unwanted by all women?

I think you are the one who needs some perspective.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Do the math. Roughly 3.5 billion men on Earth. Let's say that a third of them are in the 14-30 age range (this will vary from country to country, but a third works nicely for math purposes). We're sitting at roughly 1.33 billion now. The top 2%, i.e., the only ones women want, takes a few hundred thousand out of that number. I'm feeling generous, so let's knock that down to 1 billion left. Now vastly inflating the number of thug criminal types, and lumping the PUA types in with them, we can account for MAYBE another 25%. So we're sitting at 750 million.

If even 2% (I personally think its a lot higher) of THEM fit into what I already talked about, that's 15 million.

So yeah...tens of millions.

See also the riots that France had a few years back. Only make it multi-national. And eliminate the muslim angle, since it had a lot less to do with being a muslim (I bet very damn few of those men were devout muslims) and a lot more to do with not having jobs or futures.

Ugly, ugly times, from an ugly combination of factors.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:44 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If he had been raised throughout in a 1950's kind of middle-class town (minus 1950's racism), I think he would have done okay in life.
Yes

Old 05-25-2014, 08:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Here's an article that talks about the study:

Study Reveals Bullying Linked To High Self Esteem

Ok, I was unaware of that. thanks for the link.

It makes me wonder though, why a person with high self-esteem would want to bully others. If you value yourself and feel OK about yourself, why would you feel the need to bully another person, to shame them and try to hurt them?

One article in PsychologyToday reiterated the link between high self-esteem and bullying behavior, but posited that bullies are shaming other children about their perceived weaknesses in order to avoid having their own weaknesses exposed, or being shamed about them.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ow-self-esteem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology