Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 07:23 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times

Advertisements

After finding this message board and coming across the whole PUA subculture on the Internet I knew this would happen sooner or later. There is this very worrying culture of nasty misogyny on the Internet fed by a combination of low self-esteem, Aspergers, sense of entitlement and sociopathy. The worst thing is that, since these people have no life outside the Internet, most of their interaction is online with other people like them, so there is a feedback of hatred and misinformation. If you go to puahate.com (the site where he used to post; it's down now so you have to access it through cache) you will be appalled. There are many more like him lurking in the shadows.

Last edited by Perfect Stranger; 05-31-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You identified the problem. Being too selective. If she's not good looking she's not worth having. She has to be good looking AND nice. Just nice won't do. How many women are removed from the pool if you take out the ones who are not considered good looking? If they are the only women men will consider, then you will have a disproportionate percentage of men going after one group of women while excluding another and the odds may not be in your favor.

I had to laugh at my dd yesterday. She's always lamenting that there are no good looking guys at her high school. She was proving her point by going through the seniors. She picked out a couple she thought were good looking and then added another and another and another.... saying things like "he's funny and that makes him good looking" and "he's nice so that makes him good looking". The pool you have to choose from gets very small if you make looks the number one criteria and you will have lots of competition for the available women in that pool.

The California killer wanted "Blond girls". He had picked one subset and was upset that he couldn't get them. Given his dark complexion, dark hair and dark eyes, I wonder if he could have attracted someone with similar characteristics. We have an unconscious tendency to be attracted to people like us or so different from us they are exotic. He seems to have eliminated girls who look like him from the selection pool. When you're too picky, it should come as no surprise that you cannot get what you want.
Like many of his kind he was a racist (a self-hating racist in his case, since he was half-Asian). He specifically wanted a white woman in order to validate himself and remove his Asianness. He got apoplectic every time he saw a black or Indian guy with a beautiful white girl, because that went against his unflexible Aspergers-fed worldview. He also raged when he saw a guy who drove an average car with a beautiful girl. He literally believed that driving a BMW and wearing $500 sweaters entitled him to "have" beautiful white girls. He hated women for choosing "brutes" and "animals" instead of someone "sophisticated" like him.

He was the ultimate fake nice guy.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
After finding this messageboard and coming across the whole PUA subculture on the Internet I knew this would happen sooner or later. There is this very worrying culture of nasty mysoginy on the Internet fed by a combination of low self-esteem, Aspergers, sense of entitlement and sociopathy. The worst thing isthat, since these people have no life outside the Internet. most of their interaction is online with other people like them, so there is a feedback of hatred and misingformation. If you go to puahate.com (the site where he used to post; is down so you have to do it through cache) yo will be appalled. There are many more like him lurking in the shadows.
That is scary. Why do so many think they are entitled? Are we breeding them or what?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:52 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
After finding this message board and coming across the whole PUA subculture on the Internet I knew this would happen sooner or later. There is this very worrying culture of nasty misogyny on the Internet fed by a combination of low self-esteem, Aspergers, sense of entitlement and sociopathy. The worst thing is that, since these people have no life outside the Internet, most of their interaction is online with other people like them, so there is a feedback of hatred and misinformation. If you go to puahate.com (the site where he used to post; is down so you have to do it through cache) you will be appalled. There are many more like him lurking in the shadows.
Sad but so very true.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Very few do but it does happen. There are women out there who are damaged like their male counterparts as I've seen many unambitious dead beats have children many of them illegitimate.

That's why I simply don't by into this whole natural selection/pop evolutionary theory that people constantly spout here in these threads. Not when there's so many kids in this country born into abusive households and a-hole parents.
I agree. Most people meet someone they are attracted to, and think they are in a serious relationship after a few months when they'e most likely still in the infatuation stage. A lot of people get married or have a kid at this stage.

In my opinion, you simply cannot get to know someone very well in a couple of months, not in a meaningful way. Relationships,friendship, trust, intimacy and connection take time to develop---whether it's work buddies or your life mate.

Last edited by ellemint; 05-31-2014 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. Are you serious? Men being "left to guess what the ingredients are"? If a person has that much trouble with figuring out what a woman wants, then guess what? He's not going to be dating any of them. The same goes for a woman. NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP. You are not born with a "get laid" or "get married" or "get a girlfriend" card. You are born with a brain. Use it and being a lame whiner that blames his troubles on every one else.
The best way to know what someone wants is to ASK them. Most people will tell you.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
The first paragraph is not true. Plenty of people are in relationships who aren't "special" in any way.

I agree with the rest of what you said.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Most people are a conglomeration of wonderfulness and awfulness, strengths and weaknesses, good and bad---so since we are that way ourselves, that's all we should expect from others.

We are all special and unique in that there is no one else exactly like us, we all have something to offer, and there is no one alive who also hasn't been a total jerk at times. It's just humanity, in all its glorious imperfection.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 AM

13 posts, read 17,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Seems kind of ridiculous and foolish, definitely not true.
I don't know about the accuracy of the percentages given, but otherwise, the statement is basically correct. The flip side is men act the same way for the most part.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Of course, that's a loaded question. They ignore far more than merely the "unpleasant" males. And many "unpleasant" males became so due to a lifetime of being ignored. But yes, social mores should be arranged to incentivize women to spread their attentions more equally. Of course you'll point and sputter at this, but again, this was taken utterly for granted not long ago.
I don't know what you're talking about. What about all the women who get ignored? Should men be "incentivized" to spread their attentions more equally? The sad truth is that life isn't fair. Make the best of the hand you've been dealt.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Cecee, I think you're right. His parents probably thought it was time to kick the baby bird out of the nest. He went to two other community colleges before he moved to Santa Barbara; they must have been tearing their hair out trying to help him jump start his life. And from all outward indications, he was suicidal not homicidal. We can all Monday morning quarterback, but I wonder if his rage and angst would have been so apparent if we had seen the videos before his rampage?
His parents did see the videos before the rampage. He e-mailed his manifesto to them before he killed anyone. They were both in their cars headed to Santa Barbara to help him when they heard on the news that there was a shooter, and knew right away it was their son.

Someone in the New York Times comments section said the smartest thing I've read on this so far. Instead of jumping in their cars, the parents should also have used social media to warn the Santa Barbara community of what their son was intending to do. Better to look like alarmist fools, than not to warn people. Or they should have called the police, I'm not sure if they did that after he e-mailed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology