Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 05:26 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,436,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Good.

I took a kick-boxing class one time. It was all young women (fit ones), except for one guy. I don't why, guys think it's lame to sign up for classes or something. And like I said, the Humane Society.
Where I come from kick-boxing is mostly a male sport. Are we talking about actual kick-boxing with actual fighting or one of those silly "boxercise" classes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 05:34 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,815,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Are you telling me a man might not be able to perform sexually with a brunette? What a load of bull!
This guy dyed his hair blonde when he was younger.. so he had thing for blondes. Why he decided to start with males in his revenge, is beyond me. I am natural blonde and am typically not attracted to blonde people. My brother is drop-dead gorgeous blonde and so am I , but it was never on the "want' list. Most typically, this guy wanted his opposite since he was very far from being blonde.

This leads me to believe that Elliot Rodgers was in love with idealism which has nothing to do with reality. Again, he never asked anyone out and never made an effort. So, were his roommates going out with blonde people at the time? Or where they just Asian and reminded him of himself? The one Asian guy with a picture is very handsome by the way ( or was). One of the girls he killed was far from his 'want list' along with the guys.. so it makes no sense.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:43 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,944,773 times
Mass murder never really makes sense. It's a senseless, evil crime.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:44 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Are you telling me a man might not be able to perform sexually with a brunette? What a load of bull!
True. Plus the fact that what someone finds physically attractive can change depending on how appealing the personality is, as Ivorytickler illustrated in an earlier post. Plenty of men loosen their expectations on physical appearance and end up living happily ever after, thrilled with the results.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Mass murder never really makes sense. It's a senseless, evil crime.
Well no kidding-- but Elliot Rodgers had no agenda he was fulfilling, by his actions. HIs actions prove to be very different than his videos. If he was self-fulling, he wouldn't have 'ended it' because he can't stand behind his words.. so he is full of something that never existed. Or ideology.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Well no kidding-- but Elliot Rodgers had no agenda he was fulfilling, by his actions. HIs actions prove to be very different than his videos. If he was self-fulling, he wouldn't have 'ended it' because he can't stand behind his words.. so he is full of something that never existed. Or ideology.
Klebold and Harris fulfilled no agenda either. Neither did Mohammed and Malvo. Neither did the Aurora theater shooter. Neither did the Sandy Hook killer. Neither did the VA Tech killer. And on and on. These were all sickos who got a thrill out of gunning strangers down.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,899,234 times
He killed the unattractive girl because she happened to be there, and he hadn't been able to break into the sorority. I'm sure he had no good feelings toward homely females, and it was consistent with wanting to instill fear in women. That was part of the agenda. It didn't make any sense, unless another part of it was drawing attention to male inceldom.

Some of the others had agendas, probably murkier and involving anti-female sentiments.

Men don't radically, successfully change their physical standards. Many of us would if we could. It would be better than feeling frustrated.

Edit: just began to read the most psychotic section of the manifesto, which says, "The first people I would have to kill are my two housemates, to secure the entire apartment for myself as my personal torture and killing chamber." So their deaths were collateral damage and not really part of the agenda, and (don't know why police have said so little) he might have killed them as they slept (the previous night). Not sure why he skipped using it as a torture/killing chamber, but let's be thankful.

Last edited by goodheathen; 05-31-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Klebold and Harris fulfilled no agenda either. Neither did Mohammed and Malvo. Neither did the Aurora theater shooter. Neither did the Sandy Hook killer. Neither did the VA Tech killer. And on and on. These were all sickos who got a thrill out of gunning strangers down.
There was a connection with Sandy Hook. I think his mom taught there at one time.. by killing her that was hate crime. She also agreed to the firearm classes.. I don't know about the other cases but I can tell you the Sandy Hook guy and this guy were somewhat similar.. I don't have a psychology degree so, I can't really statistically put it together but I know they were similar in nature. Both are almost identical with interpretation and comprehension skills which is a very low number on the rational side.

BTW--I have COX internet which totally sucks and having internet connections problems . I am going with AT&T because I am tired of it. I am kicking Cox to the curb--by gawd!

Also, ( while I can still post ) I think Elliot Rodgers was not doing to good in school, academically. I see him flunking out a few times on different coarses. I know the sandy hook guy was home schooled.. or purposely taken out of class ( I think his mother did this) early on.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,579,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
He killed the unattractive girl because she happened to be there, and he hadn't been able to break into the sorority. I'm sure he had no good feelings toward homely females, and it was consistent with wanting to instill fear in women. That was part of the agenda. It didn't make any sense, unless another part of it was drawing attention to male inceldom.

Some of the others had agendas, probably murkier and involving anti-female sentiments.

Men don't radically, successfully change their physical standards. Many of us would if we could. It would be better than feeling frustrated.

Edit: just began to read the most psychotic section of the manifesto, which says, "The first people I would have to kill are my two housemates, to secure the entire apartment for myself as my personal torture and killing chamber." So their deaths were collateral damage and not really part of the agenda, and (don't know why police have said so little) he might have killed them as they slept (the previous night). Not sure why he skipped using it as a torture/killing chamber, but let's be thankful.
Why not? Much of attraction is learned behavior. As my mother used to say, "Walk the walk and soon you'll talk the talk." If you act as if you're attracted to a different type of woman you will be.

You can learn to be attracted to someone. Beauty is only skin deep. Perhaps they have a beautiful personality. Instant physical attraction is not necessary for a long term relationship. It's only an issue if you're looking for a one night stand.

I remember my grandmother telling me that she fell in and out of love with my grandfather many times during their marriage. She said the trick was to act like you were in love even when you didn't feel it. Interestingly, that's what dh and I were told to do when we were in counseling. Do the things for each other we did way back when. My mom was right. If you walk the walk soon you talk the talk. The problem is people are looking for magic when relationships have to be worked at to develop them.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM

Sure, all of these psychos were similar in some way.

But they weren't in my opinion achieving any agenda other than their depraved interest in gunning people down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology