Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 03:43 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
1. The herd believes A
2. You believe B
3. Therefore, you are clearly a loser who deserves whatever you get, because you're such a loser.
Go ahead and keep telling yourself you're persecuted because you're right. That doesn't make it true. Otherwise all those flat Earth believers are clearly more knowledgeable in geography than anyone else.

Quote:
You said yourself you want to stay in the days when betas are forced to pay their dues while receiving next to nothing in return. Are betas happy under this system? Obviously not. But, that's just not important because they're only betas so who cares about their happiness?
Your reversal doesn't hold up. People can change their attitude and behavior, even jerks and misogynists. Short of a sex change, women can't stop being women.

Quote:
Also, the state of female unhappiness compared to today is not "obvious." I have seen polls which indicate they were happier in the bad, oppressive days than today. Maybe I'll play the game your side usually does and demand an irrefutable, slam dunk peer reviewed article proving that women were 100% unhappy in those days, or else I'm right.
If enough women weren't unhappy with the state of affairs, things wouldn't have changed now would they? Unless you're one of those idiots who blame female emancipation on the Jews/Illuminati/reptilians/whatever.

Quote:
You have no idea what I want, nor do you care. You're attacking a caricature that exists only in your own head. The sort of men that are actually like that tend to do well with women. It's the sentimental idiots like me that can't ever really learn that get chewed up.
Are you sure you're not describing yourself? Because that's all you've been doing to women in this entire thread. And I would hardly describe someone who sees other people as objects and stereotypes as sentimental.

Last edited by Hesster; 05-30-2014 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 03:45 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,168,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Similarly, anyone with some common sense should be able to understand why a "nice guy" who "did the right things" would be ticked off if his efforts amount to nothing while he also gets to watch countless morons, thugs, and losers get women (or men in the case of "nice girls") without any problems.
The problem isn't that the "nice guy" doesn't get what the mean guys get. The problem is what both of them want. They aren't seeking a real, heartfelt, person-to-person relationship; they're after the sex. They're both wrong. No one is excusing the "morons, thugs, and losers" for how they treat women. The issue here is recognizing the "friend-zone" mentality-the idea that acting nice (key word is "acting"-true kindness is its own reward, not a means to an end) and being creepily persistent will get you laid regardless of the girl's free will-is equally bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's a big reason men are angry. I'm sure some women will get angry and want to tell me this is nonsense, but for example, there is research about narcissism rising most among younger generations of females.
Something tells me that narcissism is a result of an overemphasis on looks. Outside influences tell those young girls they need to worry about looks, therefore, they become worried about their looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
He wasn't rejected. By his own admission, he never made overtures, never asked a girl out, or even tried to start a conversation with one once he hit puberty. He would go to coffee shops and sit in a corner literally waiting for young women to approach him, and then drive home in tears because no one did, leading him to feel "rejected." The rejection was all in his head, and it consumed him. He was sick and miserable in his own skin for a decade.
This. He was the cause of his own misery, and blamed it on others because of his self-centered attitude of entitlement towards women.

Last edited by OuttaTheLouBurbs; 05-30-2014 at 03:56 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Go ahead and keep telling yourself you're persecuted because you're right. That doesn't make it true. Otherwise all those flat Earth believers are clearly more knowledgeable in geography than anyone else.

Your reversal doesn't hold up. People can change their attitude and behavior, even jerks and misogynists. Short of a sex change, women can't stop being women.

If enough women weren't unhappy with the state of affairs, things wouldn't have changed now would they? Unless you're one of those idiots who blame female emancipation on the Jews/Illuminati/reptilians/whatever.

Are you sure you're not describing yourself? Because that's all you've been doing to women in this entire thread. And I would hardly describe someone who sees other people as objects and stereotypes as sentimental.
Lol. Thank you for reminding me of the pointlessness of arguing with women.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Translation:

I can't admit I'm wrong and I don't wanna change, so I'm gonna take my ball and go home!

Old 05-30-2014, 04:27 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,168,300 times
Quote:
That was the nail in your argument's coffin, buddy. You've made it pretty clear that you're irrationally prejudiced and would rather convince yourself of your own erroneous beliefs than admit intellectual defeat.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:27 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,843 times
The psychopath didn't kill because he was angry at women. That's just a story he made up. He was a spoiled s*** who wanted attention and what better way to get attention than to stage a revenge massacre. It's clear he was in love with himself if you watch his youtube videos. Then he wrote that 141-page book about himself. I skimmed through it and all I saw was me, me, me, me, me.

If he wanted to not be a virgin, he could have used daddy's money and paid for a hooker. It's that simple. Also, there are plenty of women who are attracted to guys with massive egos.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:25 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
He killed his alpha males first for the TENTH TIME... he didn't want a freaking woman. He never even ask one out..

By the way. I am not saying people are stupid by posting here, but there are several that think this guy wanted a girlfriend, which is complete BS. He didn't want anything as far as a relationship.
Not sure where you are getting this idea. He killed his roommates to get them out of the way so he could use their apartment as a torture chamber. That was the fantasy he concocted, at any rate. He described them as "typical Asian geeks," and they seemed to be among the few people he encountered whom he did not hate, because they didn't have anything he coveted. He even planned to kill his (I believe) 12-year-old brother, because the boy had been kissed by a girl, and therefore was well on his way to achieving social dominance over his older brother.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:39 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
That was the nail in your argument's coffin, buddy. You've made it pretty clear that you're irrationally prejudiced and would rather convince yourself of your own erroneous beliefs than admit intellectual defeat.
"Intellectual defeat." . The cognitive and emotional caliber of most of my detractors here is so stuntedly infantile that I demean myself by even engaging with them. And mind, I'm no genius. If this represents the general public, the future is more terrifyingly idiocratic than even I'd feared

Old 05-30-2014, 07:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The psychopath didn't kill because he was angry at women. That's just a story he made up. He was a spoiled s*** who wanted attention and what better way to get attention than to stage a revenge massacre. It's clear he was in love with himself if you watch his youtube videos. Then he wrote that 141-page book about himself. I skimmed through it and all I saw was me, me, me, me, me.

If he wanted to not be a virgin, he could have used daddy's money and paid for a hooker. It's that simple. Also, there are plenty of women who are attracted to guys with massive egos.
I think he knew he had a problem and self preservation took over and he had to convince himself otherwise then things spiraled out of control. It wasn't about woman or virginity though.

I'll never believe this is "just a spoiled kid who wanted attention". That's what people tell themselves so they can sleep better at night. But monsters (mental illness) is real and we can't control it. I saw the videos too, to me it looked like he was just trying to act human, or at least the way his mind saw humans.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think he knew he had a problem and self preservation took over and he had to convince himself otherwise.

I'll never believe this is "just a spoiled kid who wanted attention". That's what people tell themselves so they can sleep better at night. But monsters (mental illness) is real and we can't control it.
Yeah the guy was seriously disturbed. Even the most spoiled of brats don't go around killing people for not getting their way. Especially when you consider that this was planned out. I don't agree with the idea of that he had strong self preservation instincts though.

From what I know, it doesn't seem like this guy had any guidance in his life. It seems like his parents spent their whole lives throwing money at the guy when he had a problem instead of talking to him and teaching him about life. Yeah I know, he was 22 which means he was an adult. But just because someone is an adult doesn't mean they don't need guidance and wisdom from those with more experience especially someone who is in their early 20's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology