Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 01:13 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,246,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Shower isn't draining very well. And my fridge has puddles of water at the bottom. Ugh. I hate this ****.

Can't believe this.

Same 1st world problem here. It's the secondary fridge, self-defrost, but every four months or so it urinates. I transfer perishables to main fridge and pull the plug for a couple of days. That seems to work so far.

Basement shower drain running slow. Not sure why cuz there's no hair to clog it. Plunged it earlier today; draining better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 PM

289 posts, read 450,249 times
Oooh...I can plunge the shower drain? I have a plumber coming out on Friday but maybe I can cancel that...will try now.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:20 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My crabby neighbor has been sunbathing in a Speedo all day. My kitchen window looks right out onto his exposed buttocks. This is the reason the dirty dishes are still sitting in my sink currently.

I've been having nightmares all week about seeing your neighbor in his Speedo!

And I'm STILL waiting for the parts for my washing machine...longest week ever! I may have to go buy new underwear, and the stores here only sell granny panties! Grrrrr!

Old 05-16-2017, 05:49 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I've been having nightmares all week about seeing your neighbor in his Speedo!

And I'm STILL waiting for the parts for my washing machine...longest week ever! I may have to go buy new underwear, and the stores here only sell granny panties! Grrrrr!
I love granny panties. Hey, in some countries their underpants are made of burlap and barbed wire!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
I love granny panties. Hey, in some countries their underpants are made of burlap and barbed wire!
This reminds me - I need to pick up my hair shirt at the dry cleaners tomorrow.

Just kidding. But I do have to iron a shirt tomorrow and that's nearly as bad.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Just kidding. But I do have to iron a shirt tomorrow and that's nearly as bad.

When we moved into this house last October, I unpacked a box that said, "Assorted." I had no idea what was in that sucker. Turns out, there was my iron (still in the original box, looking pretty nifty and new) and a whole wad of socks that had no mates (MUST keep those. Can't even think about discarding them in case I ever need one sock) and an assortment of hair coloring accoutrements with no instructions. I sure know how to pack stuff reeeeeeal goooood! This is what happens when one has no manservant. I keep saying it but nothing ever changes!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:51 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
When we moved into this house last October, I unpacked a box that said, "Assorted." I had no idea what was in that sucker. Turns out, there was my iron (still in the original box, looking pretty nifty and new) and a whole wad of socks that had no mates (MUST keep those. Can't even think about discarding them in case I ever need one sock) and an assortment of hair coloring accoutrements with no instructions. I sure know how to pack stuff reeeeeeal goooood! This is what happens when one has no manservant. I keep saying it but nothing ever changes!
But now you can tell everyone why your clothes have been so wrinkly for months. Also, accoutrements used in the same post with manservant. Your eloquence knows no limits.

Packing skills, well acquainted with limits. BFFs, apparently.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:14 AM

761 posts, read 604,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Does the dry cleaner use conditioner to keep your shirt soft?

also thanks for reminding me. I have to stand over the stove to boil a bone for my hair. Dang! It takes up my whole day.

Last edited by tidaldream; 05-17-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But now you can tell everyone why your clothes have been so wrinkly for months. Also, accoutrements used in the same post with manservant. Your eloquence knows no limits.

Packing skills, well acquainted with limits. BFFs, apparently.
I wish I had a manservant to do my work and bidding.
I think it's about time and to my status very fitting.
He could press my clothing and lay out my underpants.
And when he's on his break, I could insist he do a dance.
I'd like to be a crazy broad with bossiness galore.
I'd have to get some iron bars and a lock upon his door.

I'll never get a manservant the way I'm going, will I?

Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
I need a manservant to iron this shirt.

See, here's the thing about crisp, white shirts. They look great when they're ironed. They look great for a few minutes after donning them. Then they start looking rumpled. So maybe I should just cut to the chase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology