Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 05:02 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times

Advertisements

The people in the unit above us have a hardwood-type floor. From the sound of it sometimes, I'd swear they play bocce ball up there.

International-type first world problems...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 05:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
I need to pick some meds up and stop at Whole Foods for apples. Eh—-I can wait till tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
I bought a new Christmas tree before the holidays and threw the box away figuring I would buy one of those Christmas tree bags to put it in. Can't find any store near me that has them, they only have the large plastic ones which take up too much room in the garage. So now I am going to have to buy one online and pay for shipping. So my tree is stripped but still in the living room and probably will be for another week.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:46 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
The house behind mine is for sale and there were some people looking at it today while I was outside, filling the bird feeders and chatting with my yard-squirrels. As I have mentioned, I'm post-flu (The Plague, I swear!) and I'm coughing and have dark eye circles, so I'm a little zombie-esque, as well.

The potential new neighbors didn't even compliment me on my fashionable ensemble of pink, holey jammy pants, bright green Glacier National Park T shirt with the rips around the neck, striped hot pink socks, navy-colored sweatshirt with bright red stars that I only wear when I think no one will see me because it's so god-awful ugly... and boots that are too large and I never tie them so the laces flop all over and I precariously keen around the yard like I'm going to face plant. Not even one, "Hey, you look awesome today, Lady." Or, "Hubba hubba, Hot Stuff." They just stared like, "Dear Lord, did that woman escape from an experimental science laboratory... and do we want her as a neighbor? She's talking to the squirrels. Hurry... where are the keys? Get in the car. Oh my God, she's chasing after us! Floor it!"

I don't want anyone to move into the house behind me, anyway. Some might say I'm...like ... an evil genius.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
The other day I wanted to stop somewhere but had to go home and refrigerate a take out box of restaurant leftovers rather than leave them to spoil in a car for hours. I was inconvenienced by having too much food.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:49 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,125,824 times
Somebody stole the center emblem "hubcap" off of my car. It is going to cost $50 to replace it.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,896 times
I am too short to be seen when I wait to be served at one particular pharmacy counter. There is no bell. Once, I shouted, "Excuse meeeeeee, hello???" and nothing happened. I expect they all stopped counting their pills and looked around for 3 seconds, saw no-one and continued their counting. Yes, 5'2 is too short for their counter. I guess I could wear my hooker heels, just for them...

Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 PM

I am reading a great mystery by a really good mystery writer. This is the last book of hers that I have not read. It is so good, that I want to read it forever, but I also want to know how it ends.

And then, there will be the sadness when I've finished the book. She needs to write another ASAP!

Old 01-13-2018, 01:59 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,651,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
The house behind mine is for sale and there were some people looking at it today while I was outside, filling the bird feeders and chatting with my yard-squirrels. As I have mentioned, I'm post-flu (The Plague, I swear!) and I'm coughing and have dark eye circles, so I'm a little zombie-esque, as well.

The potential new neighbors didn't even compliment me on my fashionable ensemble of pink, holey jammy pants, bright green Glacier National Park T shirt with the rips around the neck, striped hot pink socks, navy-colored sweatshirt with bright red stars that I only wear when I think no one will see me because it's so god-awful ugly... and boots that are too large and I never tie them so the laces flop all over and I precariously keen around the yard like I'm going to face plant. Not even one, "Hey, you look awesome today, Lady." Or, "Hubba hubba, Hot Stuff." They just stared like, "Dear Lord, did that woman escape from an experimental science laboratory... and do we want her as a neighbor? She's talking to the squirrels. Hurry... where are the keys? Get in the car. Oh my God, she's chasing after us! Floor it!"

I don't want anyone to move into the house behind me, anyway. Some might say I'm...like ... an evil genius.
^^^this^^^

I am in the process of the plague. I have never, ever been this sick. I did, however, put clothes on when I got up at 11am. Up all night coughing now my stomach muscles hurt like I've been working out.

Misery. It is a gorgeous day today, the yearly Rodeo parade was today which I had to miss, and I am stuck inside. I almost feel like going out and giving my misery to others. But I won't.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:00 PM

I've finished the book. Glad I've finished. Sad I am through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology