Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2022, 06:27 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am cracking up over here!

OK, so I have been dressed now for hours but CONTRACTORS WILL NOT LEAVE MY HOUSE. I don't get it - GET OUT OF HERE. They are only doing templates for my bathrooms and kitchen counter tops - I want them gone already.

Goodness I have to leave in a bit myself I mean, like HAVE TO leave. I thought they'd be gone by now.
Oh my. Listen, I have some options....BUT if you want them to come back perhaps don't listen to me. HA! (No, seriously don't listen to me)

My FWP is that
I tend to over think things. How can that be bad you ask???? Oh wait, everyone here does that. YOU ARE MY PEOPLE! YES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 07:44 PM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
There were no meat ravioli at the supermarket. Sauce I have, but what good does this do me tonight?
There were three cans of cat food left on the shelves and I bought all three, now I feel guilty.
The tap water always tastes like bleach, and I fear this is why my head is shrinking

Old 02-08-2022, 08:28 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Dust first , then vacuum. Or vice versa?

I say do neither! That will show em I don't favor one chore over another.
Nee neer nee neer!
I vacuumed yesterday. Our newer vacuum doesn't get the edges of the carpet next to the wall as well as the older vacuum, but the older one is stored in a place where it's less convenient to get it out and put it to use.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:48 PM

I bought groceries from Walmart - shipped. Oh wow - I have received 6 shipments. Not kidding and I am perhaps underestimating. I actually got three deliveries within 10 minutes from 3 different drivers. WTH? THEN I got a delivery from FEDEX for two items yesterday morning. TWO ITEMS. I think I finally have the last delivery today.....Fedex, for a box of Raisin Bran. I signed up a few months ago for whatever the "prime" membership is with Walmart - no delivery fees for anything. My FWP with this is that I feel guilty that so many resources and gas are/is being wasted - PLUS - they leave it at the door and with the shipping option, there is no tipping button available. I also worry that these are really REALLY good boxes and I can't find room for any more of them.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
There were no meat ravioli at the supermarket. Sauce I have, but what good does this do me tonight?
There were three cans of cat food left on the shelves and I bought all three, now I feel guilty.
The tap water always tastes like bleach, and I fear this is why my head is shrinking
My water always tastse like bleach too, but I think my head may be getting larger because of it. Who knows...I also think my nose is continuing to grow even though I am 60 now and I don't need my nose to get any bigger.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:41 PM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
First world problems, humor thread

I hurt my shoulder trying to pick up one piece of popcorn that fell between the sofa and the treadmill days ago

Old 02-09-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
First world problems, humor thread

I hurt my shoulder trying to pick up one piece of popcorn that fell between the sofa and the treadmill days ago
The 5 second rule is wayyyy gone on that one.

I turned over in my sleep and hurt my wrist. I mean.....seriously????

I am wondering if Nancy uses the treadmill or is it a clothes rack like mine was? I do have an exercise bike now......best thing about it is that I can't hang any clothes on it. Oh wait, I mean the best thing about it is that I use it all the time and .......yeah, nope. Ha!

Old 02-09-2022, 05:27 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times
Every Tuesday the trash guy comes through with the big Republic truck. Every single Tuesday for months now he empties our can, sets it back down. It tips over and lays on its back or side. Every single other can on our block does not tip over. Why ours? Wahh!!

Old 02-09-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My water always tastse like bleach too, but I think my head may be getting larger because of it. Who knows...I also think my nose is continuing to grow even though I am 60 now and I don't need my nose to get any bigger.
I am now looking in the mirror, then at old pictures, then back at the mirror to see if my nose is growing. If I decide my nose IS growing, I am hoping my head will get bigger to compensate. Or not?

Since my water doesn't taste like bleach, wondering if I should add some on the off chance that is what is making Kathryn think her head is getting bigger.....or perhaps the bleach is some sort of psychotropic type thing, which would not matter - larger heads are in the mind of the beholder I think? (Beheader? Naw...that's not right). If a head grows in the forest and nobody is there to .....no, that's not right either. Hmm.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:57 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I bought groceries from Walmart - shipped. Oh wow - I have received 6 shipments. Not kidding and I am perhaps underestimating. I actually got three deliveries within 10 minutes from 3 different drivers. WTH? THEN I got a delivery from FEDEX for two items yesterday morning. TWO ITEMS. I think I finally have the last delivery today.....Fedex, for a box of Raisin Bran. I signed up a few months ago for whatever the "prime" membership is with Walmart - no delivery fees for anything. My FWP with this is that I feel guilty that so many resources and gas are/is being wasted - PLUS - they leave it at the door and with the shipping option, there is no tipping button available. I also worry that these are really REALLY good boxes and I can't find room for any more of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology