Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 06:58 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,530 times

Advertisements

Nomadicus has a great recipe for dip to go with his nachos, of which he has none. I am afraid we will go to our graves someday having never known the recipe.

According to Snerk, soda bottles are blowing up randomly and I now fear buying soda.

I feel bad that I live in a state known for unfriendliness and Kat lives in the South where neighbors bring over collard greens and turnip greens while other people have exploding soda bottles in their homes and greens at the supermarket down the road are imported from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 12:25 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Nancy, just to make you feel a little better, the soda bottle didn't blow up like a grenade, thankfully! It just made a loud popping sound due to air pressure. Man oh man, if it had exploded, I really would have peed my pants! No apologies for doing it, either.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I've gone and done it now. I went out and cut fresh rosemary without a glove on. The strong aroma follows me around and it is just to strong... Maybe some Dawn will wash enough off to weaken the aroma that is to close to my nose.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:42 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
I worry that Noma will never share the dip recipe, I worry that Nancy has never had a neighbor come over and hand her a bunch of collards, and I worry that Snerk will have another coke (we call everything a coke around here) try to explode and that they have not all been examined to prevent it - also that Nancy will be sans any carbonated beverage out of fear. I also worry that Noma's hands will never stop smelling like rosemary and Mrs. Noma is going to make him stay outside. Ha!

The light bulb in the fridge has gone out - looked under the low (really low) cabinet and found one for the light that went out under the microwave...vent hood type thing, but not one for the fridge. My brother came over and replaced the light fixture over the kitchen sink, but the light in the great room is now flickering. Why are all my bulbs going out at once.....some kind of electrical phenomenon? Am I not living right? What?

Old 02-20-2022, 07:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Things I wake up worried about:

Oh my, I hope the contractor measured my kitchen counters correctly.
I hope the estate attorney can figure out how to write that real estate contract out of state.
Where is my granddaughter's puppy? Is she outside or is she in the laundry room?

In other words, things I have no control over.

Old 02-21-2022, 02:07 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
I bought those lights for behind my telly that go all different colours.. red deep blue.. aqua. orange etc... but not a pale blush to match my new lampshades...Im infuriated but having fun footering with all the other colours of background...tacky I know.

Last edited by dizzybint; 02-21-2022 at 02:19 AM..

Old 02-21-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I bought those lights for behind my telly that go all different colours.. red deep blue.. aqua. orange etc... but not a pale blush to match my new lampshades...Im infuriated but having fun footering with all the other colours of background...tacky I know.
Hey, so what if they bring you joy? It's your house! DO YOUR THANG!

I like stars on ceilings. I guess that's tacky too.

Today's FWP for me is that the pool at the gym is closed down due to mechanical problems so I can't do water aerobics. Of course, I could go do other things but I just don't want to. The gym is less than five minutes from my house. I suck.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:52 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
I was telling my friend in Poland the other day how I had to go to car dealerership and take all day to negotiate for a car and now I have to wait....

her response was "first world problems"

Old 02-21-2022, 10:13 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
DH has to blow into the oven, to get it to light properly.

Such a PITA, FWP, LOL.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
DH has to blow into the oven, to get it to light properly.

Such a PITA, FWP, LOL.
If I make a blowing sound with my lips, my puppy attacks me. Now THAT is a FWP for sure. I mean, all I have to do is NOT make that blowing sound. Also, I can't make razzberry sounds either or she attacks me. I'd have a problem with puppy attacks if I had to blow into my oven to get it to light. COMPOUNDED FWPs!

Me, trying to make dinner, blowing into oven. Puppy attacking me. Going out to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology