Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times

Advertisements

I left a cup of water on my desk for a few days (really since probably Friday?) and I was thirsty just now and took a drink, and it tastes odd. Kinda musty and funky and weird. I need to go dump it and get some fresh water. This would require me to get up and walk down the hall though. And to do so, I should also probably put on my shoes, which are kicked off under the desk. *sigh* I keep trying to convince myself that the funky taste, isn't actually that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 02:12 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I left a cup of water on my desk for a few days (really since probably Friday?) and I was thirsty just now and took a drink, and it tastes odd. Kinda musty and funky and weird. I need to go dump it and get some fresh water. This would require me to get up and walk down the hall though. And to do so, I should also probably put on my shoes, which are kicked off under the desk. *sigh* I keep trying to convince myself that the funky taste, isn't actually that bad.
Them's the nutrients and minerals that your body needs. Mmm hmmm.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:19 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I packed myself a really good salad for lunch--with spring mix, chicken, apples, bleu cheese, craisins, pecans. Then at lunch time, I learned that a drug rep had brought in a whole spread for us for lunch. I'm NOT going to refuse free food, especially good food. So now I have to eat my delicious salad for lunch tomorrow instead, but it won't be as "fresh" as it would have been today.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
A weirdo at the nursery where I was buying plants today "stole" flowers from my little metal wagon-cart thingamabob. I caught her red-handed taking my plants off the cart and she just walked away like she was the Queen of England. (I shouldn't besmirch the Queen of England. She probably doesn't steal plants from her subjects when they're not looking, but what do I know?)

Instead of giving the plant-stealer a tiddy twister, I just replaced the purloined plants because I was feeling magnanimous and mature and junk. Then I got to the checkout and noticed that I was missing plants AGAIN, so the dink must have done it again when I wasn't looking. What a dang weirdo. If I see that shifty sister around again, she's getting a hot pepper plant right up the shnozz, lemme tell ya wut.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
I bought a dress last year, but couldn't find shoes to go with it. I tried the dress on yesterday to make sure it still fits (it does ) but I still don't have the right shoes. I'm checking Zappos, but they have like 5,000 black sandals. I hate choices. I need a personal shopper.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:49 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
Had to run into the store after work but my toenail polish had chipped on one of my toes and I was not going in the store looking like that. Fortunately, I keep a pair of flats at work so I just threw those on instead of my open toe shoes.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:08 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Weak Wi-Fi i the doctor's office. I tried to get some work done between the checkups and the lab work. No such ruck.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:03 AM

1,092 posts, read 580,583 times
After the radio talked up the massive traffic backup due to 2 highway lanes closed, and after I confirmed this with the online traffic map, I took a longer route via all back roads and got to work 7 minutes late.

Passing the highway near my office, I noticed free-flowing traffic. Not one other person was late, not even the guy who commutes an hour and is generally late for the slightest hint of a traffic jam!

Old 06-08-2018, 02:26 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,802 times
I've just noticed I use a lot more toilet paper when the roll is full, than I do when it's about a quarter full to almost empty. Hmmmm. This might require further analysis.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I'm on the "Social Committee" at work. Mostly an excuse to get up from my cubicle and do something different now and then when we have meetings, to discuss what kind of "fun teambuilding exercises" we're going to subject our poor officemates to.

Talk arose of a "theme day" for this month. Someone suggested "Dress Like Your Dad Day" since Father's Day is this month. I felt that might be a bit much (or little) for some of our employees. I dunno. So I suggested ties? Especially silly ones, or worn without a fancy shirt? Still kind of in the spirit of Father's Day right?

I just got an email. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL IDEA?? Now, some lady decided it would be better if we changed it to "ties and tutus." Tutus? Why tutus? Now I am picturing my father in a tutu. *puts head down on desk* I hate you guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology