Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 02:49 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Restaurant workers give out entirely too many condiments. Do you want ketchup or taco sauce? Sure. Get home and instead of 2 or 3 packets of ketchup per order of fries there are about 7 or 8 per order. Brought tacos home yesterday evening and got 4 packets of taco sauce per taco. Who uses that much sauce on one taco? No sane person anywhere.

Use up the packets later you may say. To do that we have to ignore the bottles of ketchup and salsa in the fridge. And this happens with everything, jelly, duck sauce, soy sauce, tarter sauce. You name it. Eventually most get thrown out. It's either that or open a sauce packet shop. Ketchup anyone? Regular or spicy?
My sanity could surely be brought into question, but tacos, to me, are nothing but vehicles for sauces. Those four packets? They go on top. As I eat through the taco, every two bites is worth a packet.

When I ask for hot sauce, they usually dump two or three in the bag. I've learned to go inside, now, as I can grab as many packets as I desire. If I don't use them on my tacos, they go on my eggs in the morning with some chorizo, peppers and cheese.

Don't judge me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just made a "quick little run" to the grocery store, mainly for a specific sort of creamer because as has been discussed already, coffee involving no thinking, only pleasantness, is critical for my morning routine.

I spent $103. I bought some wine, a People magazine, some produce, baby aspirin, chips, Fiji water, all sorts of great stuff - but I forgot to buy the creamer.

So now I have to go back. I just want to cry, because I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than work my way across that broiler of a parking lot and walk ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK OF THE STORE AGAIN, and then STAND IN LINE AGAIN and then CRAWL BACK OUT TO MY CAR and then STUMBLE OUT OF IT INTO MY OVEN OF A GARAGE.

But I must weigh the evil. Which is worse - suffering now, or having to drink black coffee in the morning? Definitely prefer suffering now.
Your doing it wrong. These days, you can call a restaurant and have the food delivered. Order a small coffee and 20 creams. Store the rest in the fridge.

Or, get your creamer from Amazon. Let them worry about the heat. If you are worried about tipping the guy bringing you the creamer, see Nicci6Squirrels post above yours.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:34 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
My sanity could surely be brought into question, but tacos, to me, are nothing but vehicles for sauces. Those four packets? They go on top. As I eat through the taco, every two bites is worth a packet.

When I ask for hot sauce, they usually dump two or three in the bag. I've learned to go inside, now, as I can grab as many packets as I desire. If I don't use them on my tacos, they go on my eggs in the morning with some chorizo, peppers and cheese.

Don't judge me.
You're okay. I knew someone who liked fries with his ketchup.

The onliest to-go food packet I hanker for is Arby's sauce. Not that vile Horsey sauce which brings the question why is it called HORSEY sauce? But anyway, Arby's sauce is good on many things and they hand them out like it's coming out of their wages. A few years ago they sold their sauces bottled. That was a few years ago. Now you have to go inside and get as many as you can for later. Arby's sauce is great on grilled chicken sandwiches from anywhere, including your own kitchen.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I'll tell you what's good eatin' - that hot sauce from Schlotskys, and they sell it in the bottles.

But I digress.

Does anyone else have a love hate relationship with all the menus that have calories listed on them now? I mean, do I really want to know this information?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:47 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
Yeah, Kathryn, tip the delivery guy by giving him a copy of The Watchtower! Excellent idea, Reds!

Is that not what you were saying?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:03 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what's good eatin' - that hot sauce from Schlotskys, and they sell it in the bottles.

But I digress.

Does anyone else have a love hate relationship with all the menus that have calories listed on them now? I mean, do I really want to know this information?
While it is helpful in some ways to know the calorie content of the food you are about to order, some days I would rather just be ignorant of the fact. After a recent workout I wanted a Culver's North Atlantic Cod fillet. Their batter is just delicious, almost like tempura. So I go in and see the calorie content and now I have to decide. Was my workout good enough to allow me to have this sandwich or do I order the much lower calorie pot roast sandwich which is still delicious, just not what I had a hankering for. Have I just nullified my workout if I'm going to consume this many calories?

I went into Beef O'Brady's one day and I really wanted some wings. Those little wings had over 1200 calories! In one meal! That's about my allotment for the day so I ordered something else so I guess it is helpful if you are watching your weight. All I know is I am almost down to my perfect weight and I don't want to screw it up by ordering something that has a hidden 1200 calories.

I love Schlotsky's. Haven't seen one around here in years.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Yeah, Kathryn, tip the delivery guy by giving him a copy of The Watchtower! Excellent idea, Reds!

Is that not what you were saying?
Ummm, I don't think so, but keep me abreast of any OTHER areas you believe I was referring.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:36 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times
Quote:

But I digress.

No.

I have a pure, white-hot hatred for them. They cost extra (hidden charge, of course, because having to re-do all the menus didn't come free). And if I wanted to know, I'd LOOK IT UP.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:59 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,741 times
Bought some gorilla tape yesterday because I thought it would work better than duct tape but no, it was even worse. It didn't stick at all so now I have to go back and get the glue.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:34 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
I went camping and there was no cell service or wifi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology