Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 11:13 AM

9,465 posts, read 5,233,195 times

Advertisements

All the tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag are too small for me to scoop pico de gallo onto them. Woe is me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 11:31 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,404,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamjedlicka View Post
All the tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag are too small for me to scoop pico de gallo onto them. Woe is me.
Put in bowl. Dump pico onto. Take up spoon.

Voila.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamjedlicka View Post
I had this problem earlier today, except I was eating ranch style tortilla chips with egg salad (weird but good). But I hardly had any chips left, and they were all crumbled up so after a bit I just dumped them on top of the egg salad and ate it all together and it was great!

Here's my dilemma, which I may have already shared but this is Part Two:

OK, so the doctor said I needed go off all red things apparently - red wine, red meat, and tomatoes among other less beloved things. But I'd just gone to the grocery store and bought a bottle of red wine, a package of lean ground beef, and some fresh tomatoes as well as tomato sauce, along with a spaghetti squash because after all, I do have to count calories SOMEWHERE.

So I finished off the bottle of wine in two nights. I kept staring at the other items, thinking about how good spaghetti with meat sauce would be - tomato based of course.

Finally today in a frenzy, I just went after that spaghetti squash like I was a serial killer, like this:
https://youtu.be/ExsDEsd3pKw
(This is a truly great movie by the way.)

And then I made some dang meat sauce for the spaghetti. And that's what I'm eating tonight and all I need now is a nice glass of red wine to finish it off. And then I'll lie to my doctor.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
I'm so popular with our cats they all want me to pet them at once.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I'm so popular with our cats they all want me to pet them at once.
I have this issue with my dogs and they are large, so it's downright dangerous to get into these petting situations.

I also have too many friends to have lunch with separately each week, between lunches and volunteer work and other appointments. Sigh. I am finding that in spite of quitting work a few years ago, I STILL have to get up and get dressed every day! What a pain.

The other day, I think it was Saturday, it actually rained AND I had no place I had to go, and I didn't get dressed that morning. My husband was shocked. I have to admit, the novelty of this had worn off by about 2. By 4 I was actively looking for SOMETHING to do, some reason to actually get dressed (as in "put on a bra and brush my hair"). Finally I compromised - I got dressed and fixed my hair, sort of, but I didn't put on a bra. And I didn't go anywhere - but I could have if I wanted to - that was almost enough.

Oh the dilemmas...

Old 08-15-2018, 08:36 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I'm planning to go out tonight, to a social get-together at a bar, but only a few of my friends RSVP'ed to the event's page on social media. So I posted that I was thinking I'd go, if anybody wanted to hang out, in a very general post visible to all of my friends. Figured maybe I'd drum up a little more interest, or get a chance to see a friend or two that I don't see often, right?

I'm still "friends" (on social media only) with a guy I had a hot fling with 3 years ago, and whom I still kinda miss. Sort of. One of those "no, it would never work...but damn he was fun" kind of things. I haven't seen him in nearly 3 years but once in a while he messages me one of those "How are you doing? Hope life is good." check-ins for some reason. I am not feeling any bad feelings about him these days, just...a flutter of wishful thinking now and again. A thought once in a while of how I might react to seeing him in person. Could I play it cool? Would I freak out? Would I be awkward?

He "liked" my post about tonight's planned outing. Now I'm paranoid about the possibility he might make an appearance. I will be on hyper-vigilant high-alert all night. He probably won't...but what if he does...?

I feel like a teenager in high school. I'm almost 40. This is ridiculous.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm planning to go out tonight, to a social get-together at a bar, but only a few of my friends RSVP'ed to the event's page on social media. So I posted that I was thinking I'd go, if anybody wanted to hang out, in a very general post visible to all of my friends. Figured maybe I'd drum up a little more interest, or get a chance to see a friend or two that I don't see often, right?

I'm still "friends" (on social media only) with a guy I had a hot fling with 3 years ago, and whom I still kinda miss. Sort of. One of those "no, it would never work...but damn he was fun" kind of things. I haven't seen him in nearly 3 years but once in a while he messages me one of those "How are you doing? Hope life is good." check-ins for some reason. I am not feeling any bad feelings about him these days, just...a flutter of wishful thinking now and again. A thought once in a while of how I might react to seeing him in person. Could I play it cool? Would I freak out? Would I be awkward?

He "liked" my post about tonight's planned outing. Now I'm paranoid about the possibility he might make an appearance. I will be on hyper-vigilant high-alert all night. He probably won't...but what if he does...?

I feel like a teenager in high school. I'm almost 40. This is ridiculous.
This is perfectly understandable and GRRRRR - what's with the "like" but no RSVP? This ambiguity might be one of the (possibly many?) reasons why you and he just never could get it together completely. Remember that as you get ready for tonight - and inquiring minds want to know what happened!

Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is perfectly understandable and GRRRRR - what's with the "like" but no RSVP? This ambiguity might be one of the (possibly many?) reasons why you and he just never could get it together completely. Remember that as you get ready for tonight - and inquiring minds want to know what happened!
It was definitely a reason. He came off in the end as just the sort of flaky, game playing sort I didn't want to deal with. Difficult to make plans with, everything had to be on his terms, but he'd never let me know what on earth those terms might be. Like dating the human version of a housecat. Are you in? Out? MAKE UP YOUR MIND dammit!

Like I said, it never would have worked out. It was always going to NOT work out. I've accepted that. After 3 years, I darn well had better have accepted it.

I will have a good time whether he shows up or not, but the mystery of it, as usual, has me piqued.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It was definitely a reason. He came off in the end as just the sort of flaky, game playing sort I didn't want to deal with. Difficult to make plans with, everything had to be on his terms, but he'd never let me know what on earth those terms might be. Like dating the human version of a housecat. Are you in? Out? MAKE UP YOUR MIND dammit!

Like I said, it never would have worked out. It was always going to NOT work out. I've accepted that. After 3 years, I darn well had better have accepted it.

I will have a good time whether he shows up or not, but the mystery of it, as usual, has me piqued.
Just don't let him poke you while you're piquing.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:42 AM

Dude did not make an appearance. I am somewhat relieved, somewhat disappointed, and entirely unsurprised. But I did get to laugh at myself for feeling so very "high school" about the whole thing. It is good for me to laugh at myself. Keeps my ego in check, I figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology