Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 01:14 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I went camping and there was no cell service or wifi!
So...roughing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:45 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I bought a new pair of shorts for the gym when I normally wear capris. I thought it would feel cooler. Unfortunately every time I got off a piece of equipment my legs would stick to it. I'm sure the skin on the back of my legs has been ripped off.
That's mostly why I've never liked wearing shorts when it's hot. I prefer anything up to capri-length at the most (least?). It just feels cooler and more comfortable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Restaurant workers give out entirely too many condiments. Do you want ketchup or taco sauce? Sure. Get home and instead of 2 or 3 packets of ketchup per order of fries there are about 7 or 8 per order. Brought tacos home yesterday evening and got 4 packets of taco sauce per taco. Who uses that much sauce on one taco? No sane person anywhere.

Use up the packets later you may say. To do that we have to ignore the bottles of ketchup and salsa in the fridge. And this happens with everything, jelly, duck sauce, soy sauce, tarter sauce. You name it. Eventually most get thrown out. It's either that or open a sauce packet shop. Ketchup anyone? Regular or spicy?
I may have posted this before, but one time we got 2 or maybe 3 tacos each, and they gave us around 64 packets of hot sauce. I counted them.

And, yes, I used to save them too, but I stopped for the same reason you gave. Also, I'd try to keep track of the new ones, throw out the old ones, then I thought, Why am I wasting time with this?!

Quote:
You're okay. I knew someone who liked fries with his ketchup.

The onliest to-go food packet I hanker for is Arby's sauce. Not that vile Horsey sauce which brings the question why is it called HORSEY sauce? But anyway, Arby's sauce is good on many things and they hand them out like it's coming out of their wages. A few years ago they sold their sauces bottled. That was a few years ago. Now you have to go inside and get as many as you can for later. Arby's sauce is great on grilled chicken sandwiches from anywhere, including your own kitchen.
Lol, I'm the opposite. I love the horsey (it's horseradish, by the way, lol), and it's the only one I'd like to keep in the house, but the Arby's sauce reminds me of something a dentist would use, Novocain or something. It just always reminds me of the dentist somehow, lol.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:47 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
My sanity could surely be brought into question, but tacos, to me, are nothing but vehicles for sauces. Those four packets? They go on top. As I eat through the taco, every two bites is worth a packet.

When I ask for hot sauce, they usually dump two or three in the bag. I've learned to go inside, now, as I can grab as many packets as I desire. If I don't use them on my tacos, they go on my eggs in the morning with some chorizo, peppers and cheese.

Don't judge me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK but listen - if you DON'T ask for condiments around here, you get none. Zero. Zilch. French fries with ketchup - BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK. Tarter sauce with a fish sandwich -BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK. Dipping sauce - any sort - with wings - BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK. Soy sauce with Chinese take out - BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK.

Ask and ye shall receive - one thousand packets. Seems like if they just put two or three in each bag when you order something, they'd come out ahead but clearly I'm missing something.

Condiments for starters.

But you know what really drives me crazy? NO STRAW. So I started telling the people in the drive through sometimes that I didn't get a straw. They usually say "Yes, I put one in the bag," (and they usually did) but I look anxious and say, "Nope, no straw in here, sorry," and they give me another one, often along with a puzzled look on their face, and then I put the extra one in my console - because nothing, nothing in this world, is worse than going through Sonic on a hot, summer day in Texas when it's 110 degrees outside, getting that big diet cherry limeaid during half price happy hour, and then realizing after you've pulled away that you have no straw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That's mostly why I've never liked wearing shorts when it's hot. I prefer anything up to capri-length at the most (least?). It just feels cooler and more comfortable to me.

I may have posted this before, but one time we got 2 or maybe 3 tacos each, and they gave us around 64 packets of hot sauce. I counted them.

And, yes, I used to save them too, but I stopped for the same reason you gave. Also, I'd try to keep track of the new ones, throw out the old ones, then I thought, Why am I wasting time with this?!

Lol, I'm the opposite. I love the horsey (it's horseradish, by the way, lol), and it's the only one I'd like to keep in the house, but the Arby's sauce reminds me of something a dentist would use, Novocain or something. It just always reminds me of the dentist somehow, lol.

Yep, it's horseradish, but with mayo! I asked about this on the Other Topics questions of the day.
Will see what they say. ---> //www.city-data.com/forum/other...ly-2018-a.html

Old 07-26-2018, 07:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Today's first world problem:

Something is wrong with my car. So we have to drop it off at the shop and now we only have one vehicle between the two of us. OPTIONS ARE LIMITED.

Dang it - instead of running around in my nice, comfy SUV, I will have to climb in and out of a huge Ford 350.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:57 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Yep, it's horseradish, but with mayo! I asked about this on the Other Topics questions of the day.
Will see what they say. ---> //www.city-data.com/forum/other...ly-2018-a.html
Oh, okay.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:05 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,650,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I had a visit from an older gentleman who was a Jehovah's Witness earlier today. I told him that I hesitated about answering the door because I was braless, thereby kind of forcing him to check out mah tiddies, maaaan. (Not on purpose. I just don't know when to zip it.) He did seem to be slightly taken aback by my candor and faltered in his scripted speech.

In some countries the women don't ever wear bras. Never even heard of bras! Those are my kinds of countries.
This can work in your favor if someone else is in the house. DH has to answer our door ALL the time, because I'm not "fully dressed" in that manner, LOL.

Those undergarments make my back ITCH!!

Old 07-27-2018, 08:57 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
My coffee is too strong. I'm not sure whether to add more sweetener or to tough it out.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:55 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
I was too tired to cook last night after work and I normally order a pizza or Chinese on Fridays but wasn't in the mood for either. Nothing in my fridge appealed to me either. I wound up having some microwaveable taquitos for dinner.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:23 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So...roughing it.
Well yes. there was no running water, no shower, only pit toilets and trees, no rangers or camp stewards, pretty much just some cleared spots int he woods by a lake. And it rained like we were camped under a waterfall for several hours one night.

But it was the wifi/cell service that was the real hardship.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:41 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
My electricity went out yesterday from 6 p.m.-9:30 p.m. I had to have a tuna salad for dinner. I don't particularly care for tuna but it was the only protein I had in the house that didn't require cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology