Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 06:27 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times

Advertisements

Getting winter coats ready and re-discovered the one I most want to wear needs a button sown back on and another one tightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 09:06 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
It actually took me 3 days to mow one yard measuring 80x125'. The battery only lasts 33 minutes so I was practically running to finish before the battery died. I didn't make it. It started drizzling on day 2 and I said screw it - at least the rain will cool me off. Yesterday I wanted to attach the grass bagger to pick up those damn sandspurs because they sometimes get stuck in Hannah's paw but I couldn't figure out how to do it even though I had no problem last year. After trying for 10 minutes I so wanted to fling it across the fence into the neighbor's yard but I resisted the temptation.

I miss my condo.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Brick and mortar is more convenient when you don't want to wait for shipping. Not to mention the fun of browsing. Will future generations furrow their brows in wonder that we went to a place called a store and walked around and looked at things for sale? I hope we always have both online and stores. Options are better than only one way to get things, right?

About the kids. Can't they just deny you told them? Do you bring along a device to record yourself telling them or parents this? Openly recording looks odd. Surreptitious recording could seem creepy. Otherwise the traditional way to prove a communication would be a cease and desist letter via an attorney which marks you out as the bad neighbor in their minds and really steps up any tension. I hate that this kind of thing can seem necessary at times, but here we are.

I agree with keeping toys and skateboards. Speaking of, then you can sell them online.
Hey, I can make some money off this! LOL

I have outdoor security cameras that automatically record so I wouldn't have to actually figure out how to record a conversation - I would just walk outside and say "Hey guys, I'd rather you not play in my yard so please don't. Thanks!"

If that doesn't work, then I'll message the mom. I do want proof that I have told them to please stay off my property unless they are visiting me.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It actually took me 3 days to mow one yard measuring 80x125'. The battery only lasts 33 minutes so I was practically running to finish before the battery died. I didn't make it. It started drizzling on day 2 and I said screw it - at least the rain will cool me off. Yesterday I wanted to attach the grass bagger to pick up those damn sandspurs because they sometimes get stuck in Hannah's paw but I couldn't figure out how to do it even though I had no problem last year. After trying for 10 minutes I so wanted to fling it across the fence into the neighbor's yard but I resisted the temptation.

I miss my condo.
OH. MY. GOSH. I would want to cry!

Old 10-30-2019, 01:26 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hey, I can make some money off this! LOL

I have outdoor security cameras that automatically record so I wouldn't have to actually figure out how to record a conversation - I would just walk outside and say "Hey guys, I'd rather you not play in my yard so please don't. Thanks!"

If that doesn't work, then I'll message the mom. I do want proof that I have told them to please stay off my property unless they are visiting me.
If it records audio too, then that's perfect.

My FWP: Was gonna stay home on a cool, overcast day. Looks colder than it is. Also looks like a trip to the store is needed.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:26 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Went for pedicure. Wore flip flops of course. Got the good nail tech—hooray! Then she Attacked my callus with that grater thing, changed her angle, and shredded some skin off my foot. Ouch, ouch! She said sorry, and put antiseptic on it.

Pedi done, I left for nearby store to buy Mylanta and Gaviscon. I parked car, and walked down a concrete walkway to store. Walkway has levels; toe of flip flop hit one of the steps that raised the level, and in a half second I was on the ground after hitting my knees, then my hands, then my nose. Ouch again. My glasses fell off, scratching a lens. The worst thing was figuring out how to get up. My knees hurt and I couldn't bear the thought of kneeling on concrete. Finally I knelt on my purse, got up and resumed my errand.

And my new pedi is messed up.

As soon as I got home I took an Aleve.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:59 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
That sounds like more than a First World Problem Silibran.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:05 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Hope you feel better Silibran!!

OMG. Moving.

Seriously, it is a good thing I started cleaning stuff out over a year ago, the scheduling of stuff is insane. The moving price is insane so I am getting rid of more stuff, selling it online, schedule dogs, vet, car, movers, airline reservations, inspectors.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-01-2019, 11:07 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Plus, DH was starting the whole "we have plenty of time, we don't need to do that now" blah, blah.

"Okay, why don't you make the schedule and show me?"

He did.

Now he is "we need to do this NOW!!!!"

Yep.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-01-2019, 11:55 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
That sounds like more than a First World Problem Silibran.
Well, I had been getting a pedi. And when I fell, I intended to buy Gaviscon and Mylanta. So I thought it qualified as first world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology