Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2019, 11:47 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I personally MISS the heck out of our military moves! I mean the movers came into our home, wrapped and packed EVERYTHING, took it to the cargo plane or ship (overseas) or put it on a moving truck (domestic), and that was all paid for by the military. THEN when we got to our new place(s) a truck came to our house and unloaded all of our stuff into our house. We did that six times with the military. Yeah, I miss those kind of moves a lot! Way better than doing the work ourselves which we've done several times.

(I don't want to be in the contest though. Haha!)

That's the service we have for the move, except we are paying up the wazoo for it. I'm on a crazed binge throwing stuff out....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 02:57 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,930,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's the service we have for the move, except we are paying up the wazoo for it. I'm on a crazed binge throwing stuff out....
Best wishes to you on your move, Mikala.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
OK so here is the rest of my "moving to Germany with the military" story.

After we got there, I mean, I hadn't slept in like 36 hours. Plus I was kind of in sensory overload mode between all the traveling, the kids, customs, then the autobahn and then getting to our new house, aka apartment on the 4th floor. It was about 2 pm. Of course, the kids had slept all the way over on the plane so they were in high form, but wow, I was raggedy. My husband said, "But you can't go to sleep till tonight." So I said, "OK, but just let me take a shower." So I took one - and then just as I stepped out of the shower, butt nekkid, I hear all the kids shouting their little brother's name at the top of their lungs - the baby's name (18 months old). I mean, they were all in an absolute panic and it sounded so terrible that I couldn't even take the time to put clothes on, so I just wrapped a towel around me and ran out into the living room.

And three of my kids were pointing at the wide open window (no screens of course) which had a chair pushed up to it, and they were all screaming their baby brother's name. I immediately thought "GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN, HE HAS FALLEN OUT THE WINDOW ONTO THE PAVEMENT FOUR FLOORS BELOW US!!!!" So of course I bolted over to the window, thinking simultaneously "Do I really even want to see this?" - and my baby pokes his head out from between the window sill and the chair that was pushed against it.

So I immediately felt 1) a huge wave of panic and then 2) a huge wave of relief. And THEN I realized that he had blood all over his face, because he had gashed his forehead wide open when he fell off the chair and hit the marble window sill! So I had another wave of panic!

Suddenly, my knees just buckled beneath me. I swear, I think I either passed out or as they used to say back in the day, maybe I "swooned." Whatever it was, I just fell out on the floor, trying to cover myself up with the towel on the way down. My baby was bleeding everywhere and all my kids were crying, and my husband was standing over me saying, "Y'all...just leave your mother alone for a minute or two. Hey. Hey. Are you OK?"

To this day, my youngest son has a little scar above his eyebrow, from our first 15 minutes in our new house in Germany!

First World Problem - My son hit his forehead on our marble window sill in our house in Germany one time.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:48 PM

Ok.

I'm good.

My gawd Kathryn! I would have PTSD.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:53 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
The m is sticking on my keyboard. Don't know why, the computer is less than a year old and I never eat or drink over the keyboard.

Old 11-05-2019, 05:56 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
We live in a high humidity area, and darn if I can find comet in the plastic sealable containers. I know they exist, I HAVE one.

So I have to buy the regular stuff sold in cardboard, and throw away half every time.
Put Damp Rid under the kitchen sink with your cleaning supplies.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The m is sticking on my keyboard. Don't know why, the computer is less than a year old and I never eat or drink over the keyboard.
I hate this!

My space bar is sticking! What the heck.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Ok.

I'm good.

My gawd Kathryn! I would have PTSD.
I think I did for a long time.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Put Damp Rid under the kitchen sink with your cleaning supplies.
Yeah, those work for about a second here. Heck, my house is sealed and A/C'd and we still have humidity issues. For a long time I ran a dehumidifier 24/7 and stuff still caked.

But thanks for the thought!!

Yesterday was one of those days when I felt like I was doing everyone's job for them, getting stuff done was like pulling teeth. DH was huge help in keeping from losing my temper.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:25 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
I ate too soon before having lunch out and had to bring leftovers home in a to-go container.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology