Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 05:15 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times

Advertisements

My neighbor across the street moved his blinds in one of his upstairs windows yesterday.
They are grossly crooked, like when you have to hold one string still and pull the other string to even them out. But he didn't do that. They are still like that today.

What kind of human being can live with his blinds like that?

why? why? why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracysherm View Post
My neighbor across the street moved his blinds in one of his upstairs windows yesterday.
They are grossly crooked, like when you have to hold one string still and pull the other string to even them out. But he didn't do that. They are still like that today.

why? why? why?

My husband. I really should have worked that into our vows somewhere, it's unnatural.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracysherm View Post

why? why? why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband. I really should have worked that into our vows somewhere, it's unnatural.
I'm the same way; and it's not just about blinds either.

Although I hate to say this guys, but I think we're the ones with the problem.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:08 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I'm the same way; and it's not just about blinds either.

Although I hate to say this guys, but I think we're the ones with the problem.
Nooooooo! A neat home is a reflection of a neat mind. No one can have rational thoughts with crooked blinds!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
A pox upon those with crooked blinds!

Or really, crooked anything.

We are having a lot of renovations done in our office, and among the many other things, the guys installed lights below the built in book shelves and added a built in desk and credenza and all that jazz below. I asked for 12 outlets - they thought I was crazy. But I insisted - with holes drilled for wires. They thought that was crazy too and frankly so did my husband - till tonight when we've been plugging stuff up, running wires, etc. and he kept saying "Do we have enough outlets, do we have enough holes?" BARELY BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AT ME LIKE I WAS GROWING HORNS WHEN I KEPT SAYING "MORE OUTLETS, MORE HOLES!" What the heck.

So anyway, they installed the lights under the shelves, and they are not centered with the shelves. They sort of are, but not really. It's a big freaking deal to center them so I said "Forget it," but I dug my heels in over the outlet covers. THOSE NEED TO BE PUT ON STRAIGHT. NOT CROOKED. What the heck is wrong with people?????????

I swear, I have had to stay on these guys like stink on a skunk but doggone it, it's my office, my house, my money and I just WANT THINGS TO BE STRAIGHT AND CENTERED.

No one would listen to me when I was reviewing the plans. I mean, they sort of did but kept sort of arguing with me too, and I'd say, "NO. I WANT TWELVE OUTLETS." My gosh, it's not like I won't pay for them. JUST FREAKING DO IT.

Now that the bare minimum is done, my husband keeps saying, "Now I see why you were so insistent." Yes, and I'd have more - but everyone was looking at me like I was a freaking idiot. I am not an idiot. They are here - they are installing stuff - we are paying them - JUST FREAKING DO IT.

AND PUT THE OUTLET COVERS ON STRAIGHT.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:04 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Went to The Mule today at the movie and everyone was over 50. Oh, wait, I'm almost 63!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:08 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
When we moved into our house about ten years ago one bedroom's blinds didn't reach all the way to the bottom of the window. There was a gap of about 2-3 inches and that room is on the front of the house. Lady who lived here before us had been here since the 1980s. How? Just how?

Old 12-17-2018, 01:53 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Today is my birthday and I have signed up for so much free food I cannot get to it all. Some items are JUST ON your birthday which is a bummer.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I requested a big white poinsettia as an early Christmas present. DH brought back two big poinsettias, one red and one white. The white one just sulks, drops leaves, and wilts in the middle. i’ve watered both plants, and provided some fresh air and humidity. Still it sulks. The red one looks grand.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Pretty soon I have to start Christmas shopping.
Am thinking of getting a head start on that. Might go out later today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology