Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
That sounds like domestic abuse to me.
Oh well - if he gets too out of control, I just make him watch some foreign film with subtitles. Works every time!

I can never get back the time I spent watching Elf. Never. Never. Never. But I made him watch Life Is Beautiful - in the original language. Though I will say that Life is Beautiful is a fabulous movie in any language and he got a lot more out of it than I got out of Elf.

See? My ideas are nearly always so much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 09:40 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
Regarding the car that parks too close: twice, I've had to find a skinny teenager to slide into my own car to get it moved so I may enter my own vehicle. Guess I need to lay off the Twinkies.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh well - if he gets too out of control, I just make him watch some foreign film with subtitles. Works every time!

I can never get back the time I spent watching Elf. Never. Never. Never. But I made him watch Life Is Beautiful - in the original language. Though I will say that Life is Beautiful is a fabulous movie in any language and he got a lot more out of it than I got out of Elf.

See? My ideas are nearly always so much better!
Haha Elf isn't so bad (once over the holidays while drunk on nog), but I like foreign films as well!

Mine is making us watch When Harry Met Sally tonight. Last night was Notting Hill.

And he's making us tofu lettuce wraps for dinner tonight.

I just want a bunch of saucy Korean fried chicken while watching Goodfellas or something. Is that so much to ask?

Old 06-18-2019, 08:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Haha Elf isn't so bad (once over the holidays while drunk on nog), but I like foreign films as well!

Mine is making us watch When Harry Met Sally tonight. Last night was Notting Hill.

And he's making us tofu lettuce wraps for dinner tonight.

I just want a bunch of saucy Korean fried chicken while watching Goodfellas or something. Is that so much to ask?
I am so sorry you had to watch When Harry Met Sally.

Your musings about Korean fried chicken are making me hungry. Korean food is DA BOMB.

I'm getting in the mood to watch Trainspotting again myself.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:44 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. My back has been hinky so so to stay off my feet. Yes, there is a lot to do. Youtube, online classes, books, I've already crochet a very nice scarf and will make matching gloves, TV.

But I am one of those difficult personalities that wants to do whatever I am not supposed to do.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-18-2019, 05:17 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
LOL Cats can be such picky bastards.
I hope you didn't feed a cat RAW beef.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Default Unstuffable pita bread

I want a falafel sandwich at a Turkish restaurant today. The pita bread was nin pocket form; in other words, there was no way to stuff it with the falafel balls, hummous, tahini and hot sauce.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I just mowed the lawn last Thursday but because of all the rain it's due again in less than a week. I hate mowing the grass. I have a battery operated lawn mower and it never finishes it on one charge so it takes me two, sometimes three days. I guess I could go out and buy a second battery but then I couldn't come on here and kvetch about it.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I just mowed the lawn last Thursday but because of all the rain it's due again in less than a week. I hate mowing the grass. I have a battery operated lawn mower and it never finishes it on one charge so it takes me two, sometimes three days. I guess I could go out and buy a second battery but then I couldn't come on here and kvetch about it.
At least you can actually by a replacement battery. My model was discontinued, so basically I need to buy a whole new mower. Thanks Earthwise.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Freezer needed re-arranging to fit in food from a grocery store trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology