Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2019, 07:48 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

My right nostril was clogged this morning. I put my water on for tea and then went to get the Afrin. When it didn't clear up after 10 minutes I realized I sprayed the wrong nostril.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 09:33 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,172,091 times
I was out of lettuce and milk so I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from running errands, before dinner (so I was obviously hungry). I only brought one reusable bag inside, as I was only buying two things.

Well, by the time that I got to the checkout line I had about two dozen items, including a large cookie cake, a bottle of wine, several types of cheese & meats, a few foods from the hot deli department and a large bag of Cheetos. The cost was about $50 and I had to have them put most of the groceries in plastic bags (instead of reusable bags).

As I was unpacking the groceries at home I realized that I had forgotten to buy lettuce!

Old 10-05-2019, 02:29 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
I was going over to visit my mom. I didn't want to waste time going to the store, so I decided to bring an already-opened bottle of vodka from home (transported in the trunk, of course). I called in an order of food that I was going to pick up on the way. What they failed to tell me was that the street they are located on was blocked off for a car show that day. So I'm driving around, running into detour after detour, and trying to get to them via the back way.

Once I made it there, the parking was full (car show), so I circled around and around. Found someone who was leaving. Of course it took them forever to get going. Meanwhile someone was waiting behind me and I didn't know if I was blocking them from leaving the parking lot, so I pulled around again, and of course they took my spot.

Finally found a spot, got the food, and got back in the car. That's when I noticed the OPENED BOTTLE OF VODKA sitting on the passenger seat. AND, the bag it was sitting in had conveniently slid down, perfectly showcasing it. I took it and put it in the trunk. That's when I noticed I was parked next to the POLICE STATION.

By then, I was so scatterbrained that I drove the rest of the way to my mom's without the seat belt on (older car, no reminder). Again, no seat belt, right next to the police station.

By the time I got to my mom's, I was ready for that vodka.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
OK, so my stepson called and he's in town for a wedding. In fact, and this is an aside note but I thought it was interesting, he is the only Anglo member of the wedding party (a high school football buddy) - the rest of the wedding party and all participants in fact are African American. So he has been immersed in African American church culture for several days now, which he candidly told me is interesting, fun in a way, but also stressful. But I digress.

He wants to spend two nights at our house, which is great. But his dad is out of town working, so it's just me. That's fine - I've been his evil stepmother since he was 10 or so, and he and I get along great, but I realized that I really don't know what he likes to eat since he's been a part of the Austin "food scene" now for several years and he's very knowledgeable about food. But he is also "coming home" so I'm pretty sure he also wants some comfort food. Just not quite sure what that is at his age now.

So I went to the store and the whole time I was thinking "Ok, what has he mentioned on Facebook?" Well, Pringles for one thing. Reese's anything. Red wine. Then I figured "who doesn't like specialty colas made with cane sugar?" "And who doesn't like Promised Land Chocolate Milk?" "And who doesn't like Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies?" So I bought lots of weird food.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
Realized yesterday my Yeti cup is perfectly engineered. Like there will never be anything better...ever. Kind of depressing

Old 10-06-2019, 05:28 AM

My Yeti cup started leaking when I'd sip out of it. Now this was about a year after I bought it and prior to that I was very happy with it. But now - it's basically useless since it dribbles down my chin or down the front of my shirt so OUT WITH IT. And it cost about $40 so BOO!

Old 10-06-2019, 08:45 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
I forget to get things at the store sometimes so I write a list. Then I forget the list.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:02 AM

OK so, so many first world problems so far today...

1st one - I have this robe that doesn't really "go" with my favorite jammies, but rather than letting my boobies shake in the wind outside, if I'm going outside I put this robe on. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it is a challenge. Something about the two fabrics makes them cling together so it's very difficult to get this robe on - I don't know why I always reach for it instead of another robe but I do. And if it's humid, it's even more difficult to get on. Why?

So I struggled with that. Oh, also, the sleeves are billowy so sometimes they catch on doorknobs and yank me back - and of course, this also means that the robe gets pulled all out of whack again and I have to struggle to get it back on and straight. So weird.

So after struggling with this, I went outside. Now, as some people know, we just moved into a new house and while I love many things about this new house, one very weird thing is that there is no outside faucet on the back of the house. And all three outdoor faucets are outside the fence that surrounds the back yard. So I have to trek around this very long house, make sure the dogs don't follow me (because it is their mission in life to explore outside the fence), turn on the water, and then go back inside the fence to where the super long hose is, unwrap it from the hose hanger thingie, and drag it around to water patio plants and to fill up the dog water dish, which is actually a bucket because my two mutt dogs are huge and they drink a lot of water.

So I dragged this hose around to the patio, and turned on the hose thingie - and the water just sort of dribbled out. NO WATER PRESSURE AT ALL. So. I had to go back outside the gate, and turn the water on higher. Then I came back inside and watered everything. THEN I went back outside the gate and turned the water off. Then I came back inside to hang the hose back up.

It was a hot mess.

Now, this is a long hose, because it has to be to reach the patio, and it was ALL janked up. So I had to unwad it by stretching it all the way across the yard and untangling it. THEN I had to loop it back around the hanger.

My gosh, by the time I did all that, I was dirty, wet, sweaty, you name it. And my robe sleeves kept catching on everything.

THEN I came back inside and opened a cabinet for some reason, and this porch ornament thing that I had at my other house fell out - and broke into a million pieces.

Now, I have broken so many things in this move - and thankfully none of them was worth anything (which makes me wonder why I even bothered to move them over here) but it is always a mess. So I had to clean up all that. Thankfully, I didn't even LIKE this particular porch hanging thingie, so it was no big loss - but I did find myself wondering why I even HAD it. Just to break it?

We will probably be finding pieces of broken stuff for the next ten years around here.

Oh and I also decided that I would plant 8 mums, which is why I was watering everything. So I did that, and even though a cold front has come in and it's not hot outside, I got all hot and sweaty doing that - THEN I got all wet and dirty - well, even dirtier - messing with that hose.

So I had to take a bath at a totally weird time of day. Basically I just had to start all over.

I just want this day to be over. I feel like it's one of those days where I might cause even more damage to myself or others.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I forget to get things at the store sometimes so I write a list. Then I forget the list.
Me too!

Old 10-07-2019, 05:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
My IPad mini had a mostly dead battery. We took it to Batteries Plus and found out they would have to order the right battery. Long story short it will probably be 2 weeks before the mini is operational again. I will lose the six Scrabble games I have going on it. Phooey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology