Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:05 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,835,050 times

Advertisements

I would think almost everything you did came down to felony harassment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 10:54 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was bullied in junior high a lot, mostly taunts, which didn't really hurt me. But this one kid...he was a sadistic piece of filth who abused me for no reason. I would sit their, quiet, and he would come after me and punch me and I would just freeze up. I think it's because he reminded me of my abusive father and I would just shut down and not be able to defend myself. He once beat me, and I tried to fight him off but he was about, not joking, 80 lbs heavier than me and eight inches taller (I've always been short) and put his belt around my neck and choked me. He said he would actually kill me if I didn't kiss his feet in front of EVERYBODY. I did, I was so scared.

Well, he got kicked out of school and went to another one, and I went on with my life. I heard he did a little jail time for something unrelated and that was that...but it still hurt me. I felt so weak, cowardly, and powerless.

Twenty-five years later, and I was still thinking about him, and those years. My shrink said I should move on and remember I am a different person and all that other feel-good doctor Phil crap. It didn't work. I wanted revenge. I wanted to feel powerful and get back that power that was taken from me, but how?

When I was a child, being abused, living in an awful home situation and treated badly by everyone, what did I want more than anything else? Super powers. And I wanted a group of my own super-friends. If I just had an edge, abilities that could help me fight back. But of course, that was just fantasy...that is, of course, until the rise of the place where people like me can find out how to use the power of technology to destroy someone, ANYONE, and take back my dignity. That was, of course, until the rise of almighty 4chan.

Bliss. Pure. Simple. Bliss.

I felt like a weight had finally been lifted from my shoulders. I was on top at least. Years later, and I was no longer the little victim. David used "0s" and "1s" and a few tricks to slay Goliath.

All the Doctor Phil Woowoo crap the shrinks told me didn't help, but actually doing something did. And best part is...I didn't do anything technically illegal.

My advice to anyone who was ever victimized in such a way that they can't get it out of their system is simple: GET REVENGE. It will heal your wounds and make you a better person. Do what you need to do as long as it doesn't end up biting you in the rear like actually killing someone or physically hurting them. And remember to not forgive, and to not forget. There are over 9,000 ways to make someone pay.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"-Old Klingon proverb.

I will not say exactly what I did but 1) it was not actually illegal, believe it or not and 2) he never knew it was me. But his life has just gotten a hell of a lot harder thanks to the advice of a bunch of troll-masters who let me know how to mess with people in ways I had never even considered.

Oh, the joys of the internet...

(click this vid, I can't embed, but it is worth it to watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKcxgF6MmLM
this is an incredible post and i'm behind you 100 pct....except, i'd add this, i would dedicate my life to ruin his if i were you, never stop, don't be satisfied with one minute of revenge, if this felt good think of how it would feel going off on him for the rest of your or his days.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 AM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times
For more on such karma, see I'm thinking of setting up boss by feeding intel to his sworn enemy.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:08 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,642,621 times
Replying to OP, since the bully didn't know all that stuff was from you, consider yourself lucky that he cannot come after you and get his own revenge. So you got revenge, you feel better now, you know he won't get you back, good for you. Now you can finally move on.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Meanwhile the bully has no idea that the OP enacted his revenge, and I don't think he would care. What has the OP really accomplished here?
OP got sick of feeling like the hurt victim, he witnessed the bully being taken down a few pegs, OP doesn't feel like a hurt victim anymore, the bully doesn't know who did it so OP got the last laugh. Now OP feels better. That's what he got out of it.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:31 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,051 times
I have only exacted revenge a few times in my life. But every time I did was very fulfilling. I did get a sense of closure and satisfaction.

I abhor the idea of being a victim. But in today's society, it seems like people are holding up self-proclaimed victims as something to admire. It's even to the point where people are faking incidents to drawn attention to themselves this way. Muslim woman 'made up NY subway hate attack' by Trump fans - BBC News

Old 12-20-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I have only exacted revenge a few times in my life. But every time I did was very fulfilling. I did get a sense of closure and satisfaction.

I abhor the idea of being a victim. But in today's society, it seems like people are holding up self-proclaimed victims as something to admire.
I abhor being a victim too, but revenge is bittersweet. Don't expect them to sit there and and cry. They'll get revenge back at you. Then you and them are stuck in a cycle of doing it to each other. If your relationship was bad before the revenge, it'll only get worse with it.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:15 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,519 times
Bullies feel no remorse at all. And they will not connect the revenge to the bullying because in their minds, they were not actually bullying anyone.

Trust, the bully made himself the victim and probably took it out on someone else. It is what they do.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:13 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,978,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Bullies feel no remorse at all. ....
I would expect the bully actually relishes the memory of what he did. I have no sympathy for him. Good on the revenge! No, I was not bullied.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:14 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,069,894 times
The topic sounds like troll bait to me.
“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology