Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:00 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
Maybe a part of her did it on purpose. The description is not made up.

It really doesn't matter what her diagnosis is. What could help her? That is the question. Probing into her mind is not going to change anything. You understand that she has something going on that is serious. That is all you need to know.

Regardless, she can't be with you. She can't be the person you want her to be. That is the bottom line.

She is not a throw-away person, but you don't want to get involved with something that you don't want to take on and she doesn't want to put you through that.

It was a nice fantasy while it lasted.
Veronicka, you're awesome! Makes sense and was so fast! Furry coat in the middle of summer. buying a glass of white wine and saying "You're going to need this". Sometimes the truth is a millisecond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 10:29 PM

16 posts, read 11,410 times
I couldn't have put it better myself, Veronicka. The writing is so obviously on the wall and has been for a while. I'm so thankful for people like you, thegreenflute334, and the countless other people on this thread that have been so incredibly supportive and given their advice. The biggest challenge for me right now is not blaming myself too much for being so naive and forgiving of her issues.

I need to learn from this and recognize the importance of "calling a spade a spade", as cruel as that may sound. Sometimes you just have to know when to walk away and this was a great learning lesson. I know many of the people on this thread, among many others, have gone through exponentially worse experiences than I have and somehow come out of it with a healthy and better perspective. I'm lucky, fortunate, and so grateful to have support from you all.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:34 PM

By the way, if y'all ever want to check out my music or are in Texas you should come to a show and check out my website....jeremymcbeemusic.com and come hear a show or download the music. We all need a breather from the perils of life...that is for sure!! Thanks again for all of your support! I will never forget it...

Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan2016 View Post
I couldn't have put it better myself, Veronicka. The writing is so obviously on the wall and has been for a while. I'm so thankful for people like you, thegreenflute334, and the countless other people on this thread that have been so incredibly supportive and given their advice. The biggest challenge for me right now is not blaming myself too much for being so naive and forgiving of her issues.

I need to learn from this and recognize the importance of "calling a spade a spade", as cruel as that may sound. Sometimes you just have to know when to walk away and this was a great learning lesson. I know many of the people on this thread, among many others, have gone through exponentially worse experiences than I have and somehow come out of it with a healthy and better perspective. I'm lucky, fortunate, and so grateful to have support from you all.
Why can't you be "forgiving" but unaccepting of those particular challenges in your own life? Why do you have to blame someone (either your own naivete or her) to realize it just won't work...yeah, she has issues. I'm sure others aren't a match for YOU because of YOUR issues, even if they seem minor in relation to the woman you speak of here.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:17 AM

283 posts, read 370,105 times
My ex-wife has been diagnosed with treatment resistant schizoaffective disorder. We stayed together for 20 years after the diagnosis; she probably suffered from this condition for at least five years before that. While I am not a medical professional, I got to observe her and her condition for a quarter century. I am totally unqualified to make a specific diagnosis, but it is clear that this young lady has major issues, whatever they might be.

Here's one thing I took away from our years together: at least for her case, she responded, actually, perfectly rationally to her view of reality.
She was convinced that she was Satan, that I was Jesus Christ, etc., etc. Obviously, her ideas about just about everything had nothing to do with reality, but her reactions to those ideas were exactly what a sane person's would be if they suddenly found themselves in those situations.

I likened it to a circumstance where you might wake up and find that everyone was calling you by a different name than what you knew it really was. And that you had awakened in a strange house. And that your car was different. And your children. You would react in a rather extreme manner, and no one would understand why. Well, for my ex, that seemed to be exactly the type of world she was living in – she was making perfectly reasonable choices, if you accepted the fact that she actually was Satan and I actually was Jesus Christ.

Of course, her basic premises were totally false.

Yes, these conditions are insidious, and have ruined many a life of all those concerned. My best wishes to you, and also to the young woman – I do hope that all find some peace.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:21 PM

Thank you for your support. I have noticed another weird thing that she has done online recently. She posted a YouTube video of her talking in a child's voice and using a bird puppet on one of her hands. The whole video was her acting like this creepy bird puppet was reciting a line from a famous serial killer that talked about the sexual pleasure he got from blood and gore. The quote was, "Tell me, after my head has been chopped off will I still be able to hear; at least for a moment, the sound of my own blood gushing from the stump of my neck?" This was a quote from a known serial killer, Peter Kurten. Again she recited this quote in a strange, reverberated, child's voice and used a creepy bird puppet to act it out in her room. She posted this video to YouTube and also posted a picture of her with the words "Trigger warning" below it. Any thoughts??

Old 11-11-2016, 05:32 PM

283 posts, read 370,105 times
Actually, yes. Is it time to contact some authorities (doctors, therapists, law enforcement) with this information? If she's exhibiting this behavior, any chance that she might act out her ideas, on herself or others, could have a devastating effect. If she's saying things like that, especially with her history, family members and health professionals really should be clued in on this. I don't know the current state of the legalities surrounding contacting such people- perhaps others here could provide better guidance. If your area has a mental health crisis hotline, they might be able to guide you.
Best wishes.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:37 AM

473 posts, read 502,518 times
Lots of people hear voices sometimes and they learn to function okay without psych meds. Though, psych meds usage can be very helpful for insomnia or depression, it only gets limited results if hallucinations start. However, hallucinations of any form (visual, auditory, tactile or olfactory) can be 'environmental' meaning something your girlfriend has been near recently is causing problems or she has a previous problem following something like a sex assault. Can be PTSD related so she has some flashbacks to abuses, so just expect these and keep her calm and feeling safe. Can be flashbacks to new stuff about someone she met recently, and this is good reason to avoid this person and anyone she met there. If situation is the latter, just cut contact and refuse to return phone calls/texts, and see what happens over time if she doesn't discuss whatever very much. May be stalked, just say 'we are good' and never talk to them again....If bothered in your housing, do consider a move at least once. Keep your information private....

Lots of people in girlfriend's situation started to be bothered by strangers, especially weirdo men. Was always advised to be a good time to shack up or marry to keep the worse stuff away and get less harassment from wrong kind of people. The wig/outfit are probably a disguise to deal with paranoia stress as she is being bothered by weirdos, psychotic strangers who deal with their problems by bothering people by stalking, vandalism, trespassing, theft, coworker harassment....

Other option, your girlfriend's 'fantasyland' may be too racy. Would be better to be kind of boring thinker, just focus on the relationship sex and see if problems stop....I REALLY THINK SHE HAD SOME PREVIOUS SEX ABUSE BUT SHOULD NEVER GO NEAR THE ABUSERS AGAIN OR ANYONE SHE KNEW THROUGH THEM, EVEN IF MENTAL CARE TELLS HER TO APOLOGIZE TO ABUSER AND called it 'false memories'. This gets people assaulted.... May have PTSD memory loss and mental care tells her it is fake, this is unsafe care situation that should be terminated and she seeks another psych Dr, preferably female.

Is possible this is very rocky relationship when her sexual attraction is variable interest, turned down or frigid and will be very hard on you emotionally. But, keeping you around may straighten out her confusion and symptoms....Can you stand loving someone who is off sometimes or doesn't care? Did the girlfriend have friends around her who were asexual growing up too - if yes, would be a local environmental factor so may not have her own sex abuse story?

This could be EXCELLENT time for girlfriend to spend a little time away from the job with friends/family she already knows and you can ask some questions maybe. See if her symptoms stop being in another location and away from work. She can totally ask why she is hearing voices and see if she gets an answer from the voices, just meditate on it. If told to do something weird, you have to ignore this or she will end up as a nuttier stalker like the weirdo males from which she hides in her disguise. Girlfriend may be working around some kind of freak that makes others symptomatic mentally. If anyone is too friendly or came onto her I wouldn't go back...Also talk to female coworkers so see what the office problems may be...If lady just pauses and won't talk, I would run! Something may have happened on the trip too .... Can try asking so you understand. If she took this job recently, OH NO! Quit quietly as something is not gonna treat this employee okay for whatever reason....If she calmly lies about the reason she left, she may get remission quickly too...

If she started discussing a previous abuse issue, getting legal advice or doing therapy, it can restart the psychosis problem sometimes....Need to accept that, avoid the people who associated with her abuser and get some distance from the mess if she still feels unsafe.

Girlfriend might be kind of reclusive as some people around her just repeat the voices they hear in their heads and it makes sense to some in the room who have been psychotic before and is REALLY threatening sometimes. Please google 'targeted individual' to understand who some people will act -- also some confused people, yet tortured....

Last edited by cattalk1; 11-17-2016 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 AM

473 posts, read 502,518 times
May find out her parent was scammed by mental care and she is gullible idiot. Can even find out a parent was hiding the parent sex abuse. Or police covered up lots of sex abuse and ordered the victims to mental care where they ended up crazy for a while as this is really common practice to cover up wealthy sex abusers who spend a lot of money in city/employee lots of people....

Old 11-28-2016, 04:41 PM

I actually did find out recently that a male, older, adult relative of hers was arrested for molesting a 15 year old girl in the town that she grew up in. He was a music teacher and apparently molested one of his students for a year until he was caught. The victim had been his student for 6 years or so. My ex often seemed paranoid that someone was stalking her or that someone was going to break into her apartment...Not saying there is a connection, but it obviously is concerning. None of my business at this point, but it is a scary thought. I'm becoming more and more convinced that she has an identity problem rather than schizophrenia. I'm not trying to diagnose, but I have a feeling it has more to do with a personality issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology