Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,342,272 times

Advertisements

If you were to die this month would you consider your life to have been amazing,interesting or good? When you reflect back?
Or do you feel it hasn't been great or reached its peak yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 01:12 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,808,074 times
There have been points of amazing greatness. I never believed that I was owed anything, however, and life just is what it is. There was never any promise of life being easy or fair. I think we believe as children that life is supposed to make us happy and that's probably a hard belief to give up.

My husband has cancer and is going through chemo right now, so life is much harder than any time in the past. But in spite of that... or maybe even because of it... I feel like life is good and I appreciate every good thing that happens.

If I were to die this month, my only regret would be that there were many places I didn't get to see with my own eyes. But I have been fortunate to see a great many, too.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:27 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,044,925 times
I don't know if I would call my life amazing, but throughout my adulthood, if I wanted to do something, I pretty much did it. Build a geodesic greenhouse, single-handed? Done. Raise show-winning orchids in said greenhouse? Done. Raise and show dogs to their Championship? Done. Travel a bit? Done. Build fantastic model train layouts? Done. Have good jobs with good money? Done. Retire? Done.

Oh, sure, there are still things left to do, but I'm happy with my life. I've accomplished far more than most people I know, and I've had outrageous hobbies. I'll go out happy.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:27 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,073,134 times
Yes, I could die today with few regrets.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:31 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,919,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
If you were to die this month would you consider your life to have been amazing,interesting or good? When you reflect back?
Amazing, check.
Interesting, check.
Good, could've been better. Some missed potential in there and not getting a chance to direct things in the way I had planned them career-wise.

Socially & romantically it has been great.

Although it was so much easier in the past and now everyone is scattered across the states/world. Romantically I'd say I'm continuing to climb, but as I age it's harder to put up with young, dumb girls. Funny how Hollywood tries to make guys believe they have shrinking choices when it's just the opposite.

Just now coming into my own financially. More than anything I like the validation of my theories proving themselves right. I certainly have more direction now than say before when money was just an abstract concept and I had all the time in the world to make it.

Fitness is a mixed bag. While I'm physically stronger and have a better build than at any other time of my life my diet is pretty crap and I definitely feel more in the aches and pains department. Each year a little less energy is available and more of a not caring (in a good way) presents itself.

Mentally I peaked in raw intellectual ability around 23, but I've since added a whole lot of wisdom/experience so it pretty much evens out. I do miss the boldness that came with youth however.

I don't know that it is possible to reach your peak in at least some areas of your life unless you prematurely give up.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:34 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,840,592 times
Good and interesting YES. I'd like to keep going and the only thing I feel I'd miss if I should go soon, is seeing my grandkids as adults. Really No regrets -- lessons learned from near regrets.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:42 PM

15,905 posts, read 6,382,983 times
Better than I ever thought it would be growing up as a kid.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:39 PM

7,662 posts, read 4,648,024 times
I've loved my little life. I think I had an amazing life. This latest chapter appears to be a bit boring, but that's ok. I'm not as energetic or as healthy as I was then, and my bed is a lot softer now so I guess it works out. I kept my principles. I fought my fights. I helped where I could. I explored a lot. Had new chapters. Certainly didn't have a linear rise. It was fun.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,653,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Definitely not amazing, but I wouldn’t say bad or horrible. I would really rather not die this month though because I have some things planned for next year that I’m really looking forward to. I might be able to die happy (or at least happier) after that.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
I had a horrible life growing up, now I've worked hard to get up to a very mediocre one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology