Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:50 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,113,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Then do it properly. Not putting away a cart isn't a grand gesture of defiance, it really isn't. But it makes you feel like you're making a statement, lol.
I am going to do what I can to make stores provide me with customer service. Once customer service is gone it's almost impossible to get it back. Sorry, but I'm not going to do free work for billion dollar corporations, no matter how much you ask me to.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:07 PM

50,882 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
A sheep is someone who blindly does what they are told to do. I.e. the people who return their carts, because they are told to. The rebels are those who don't.
I don’t return it cause I’m told to, who is telling me to? I do it because it’s courtesy for the next person who wants to pull in my spot, or to prevent damage to someone’s car, and because it makes me mad when I have to get out of my car to move a cart to park, or to come out and find a cart up against my car. I do it because I’m a courteous person. The store owners couldn’t care less if I put my cart back, but the person pulling into my spot before my cart can be collected does. All your silly rebellion does is inconvenience other shoppers. You’re not standing for any noble principle.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
I am going to do what I can to make stores provide me with customer service. Once customer service is gone it's almost impossible to get it back. Sorry, but I'm not going to do free work for billion dollar corporations, no matter how much you ask me to.
This behavior, if you were a woman, (maybe you are, sorry, I don't know) is otherwise called "high maintenance". Basically, everyone has to pitch in their time and energy and effort to accommodate this sort of person.

Because they stand there, saying eh eh eh I'm helpless, somebody help me, until someone does the work you should be doing for yourself. You could EASILY do for yourself.

And hey. They're pooping in a restroom on the premises of a private business, they're not throwing their toilet paper in the toilet and flushing. Because they're not sheeple. Not willing to follow the normal rules normal people follow, to make life easier for everyone. They're trying to be as difficult as they can be, for other people.

Throwing the used toilet paper on the floor for the employees of the business to deal with.

Last edited by ClaraC; 04-27-2019 at 08:33 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 08:42 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,113,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t return it cause I’m told to, who is telling me to? I do it because it’s courtesy for the next person who wants to pull in my spot, or to prevent damage to someone’s car, and because it makes me mad when I have to get out of my car to move a cart to park, or to come out and find a cart up against my car. I do it because I’m a courteous person. The store owners couldn’t care less if I put my cart back, but the person pulling into my spot before my cart can be collected does. All your silly rebellion does is inconvenience other shoppers. You’re not standing for any noble principle.
Well the OP for one, and these signs. Please RETURN CARTS HERE, so we don't have to hire someone to do it. THANK YOU for saving us billions of dollars, which we have deposited in overseas bank accounts. PS we are still raising our prices next week.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
To consider a person who doesn’t return their shopping cart “a rebel” is just lame.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:03 PM

50,882 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Well the OP for one, and these signs. Please RETURN CARTS HERE, so we don't have to hire someone to do it. THANK YOU for saving us billions of dollars, which we have deposited in overseas bank accounts. PS we are still raising our prices next week.
They don’t have those signs at any supermarket that I go to. Those signs are not the reason that I do it. Opie’s opinion is not the reason I do it. Plus they’re not telling you to do it, they’re making a request, and saying please. The sign could just as well say “please be courteous to your fellow shoppers”.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:20 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,250,128 times
Cloudy, Scooby, and Priscilla putting up such a fight in here. Ya'll are entitled and rude, ok we get it.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:43 AM

23,346 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Because they stand there, saying eh eh eh I'm helpless, somebody help me, until someone does the work you should be doing for yourself. You could EASILY do for yourself.
Ever notice that "high maintenance" type people who expect/demand assistance with minor everyday things are the same people who scream bloody murder if anyone has the gall to suggest they might actually NEED help with something? Suggests that they aren't as perfect as they think they are? The tune changes from "do everything for me 'cause I'm special" to "how dare you think I can't take care of myself" with lightning speed; as long as they get what they want.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:49 AM

10,912 posts, read 7,417,733 times
Someone once told me that he leaves the cart out because it creates jobs when store workers have to collect them. He was an inconsiderate jerk in other ways, so I figured it was an excuse for laziness.

But I did ask a store employee what he thought of that reasoning. He said workers hate having to round up the carts, and it just increases their workload, not the number of employees.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:01 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,307,475 times
"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna run to the supermarket, pick up some groceries, and create me some jobs!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology