Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 09:47 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Show me an unvaccinated child with autism and I'll buy you a Cadillac. Autism is very real. It's just that the media and Big Pharm wants you to think a certain way as to the cause.
Specify that as Severe (profound) Autism.

In rare cases, a viral infection during pregnancy (maternal immune activation) or a severe postnatal viral infection can result in mild or higher-functioning autism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 11:04 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Show me an unvaccinated child with autism and I'll buy you a Cadillac. Autism is very real. It's just that the media and Big Pharm wants you to think a certain way as to the cause.
We had plenty of unvaccinated clients at my last job, which served only people with what is now known as Level 3 autism. Don’t you think if big pharma were involved, there would actually be pharmaceutical treatment for autism? As of right now, there is not. What we saw at my last job was a lot of autistic people being totally over medicated with heavy sedatives/hypnotics/antipsychotics that are old school and inexpensive.

Others were being lured in by quack doctors who were selling supplement series that included like 20 supplements and specialty diets products (not covered by insurance) to a single patient that they indicated could “help” the person. I’m not talking something like a gluten-free diet with Whole Foods, but weird diets that really seemed to have no basis in anything like totally puréed foods or other nonsense.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:35 AM

1,250 posts, read 678,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Why can’t we just leave what is or isn’t a fad to actual Medical Professionals? Everything else is just conjecture and psych forum gibberish.
So only "medical professionals" can think?

Why are you even on this forum if you don't like "conjecture?"

I think your remarks are gibberish, speaking of gibberish.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:56 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
So only "medical professionals" can think?

Why are you even on this forum if you don't like "conjecture?"

I think your remarks are gibberish, speaking of gibberish.
And you are free to feel that way, makes me no difference. The fact is you are NOT a doctor, you haven’t dedicated years of study to the discipline of mental health or autism, and you’re not qualified to diagnose anybody or make an educated assumption about it. Not a single conjecturing opinion you’ve written will have any bearing on any autistic diagnosis ever because you are lay person, not a professional.

Those are FACTS you can’t refute. (gibber gabber)

Old 12-16-2021, 02:09 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Why can’t we just leave what is or isn’t a fad to actual Medical Professionals? Everything else is just conjecture and psych forum gibberish.
The problem is that medical professionals often do not agree.

Old 12-16-2021, 02:18 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The problem is that medical professionals often do not agree.
Maybe not, but at least these medical professionals are basing their disagreements on years of practice and data analysis that provide a more reliable foundation of knowledge than an internet warrior who did a google search and landed on some YouTube videos that confirm their own biases.

Old 12-16-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe not, but at least these medical professionals are basing their disagreements on years of practice and data analysis that provide a more reliable foundation of knowledge than an internet warrior who did a google search and landed on some YouTube videos that confirm their own biases.
Your comments are ignorant.

You know nothing about me or my expertise.

You have declared yourself the gatekeeper of "autism." Congrats and have fun trying to control people's thoughts and actions.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:02 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
Your comments are ignorant.

You know nothing about me or my expertise.

You have declared yourself the gatekeeper of "autism." Congrats and have fun trying to control people's thoughts and actions.
Uh okay. It's interesting that you thought that I was referring to you, specifically, when no such thing was implied.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Uh okay. It's interesting that you thought that I was referring to you, specifically, when no such thing was implied.
It doesn't matter if it was me, what you said, from my perspective, was incorrect.

Old 12-17-2021, 01:41 AM

272 posts, read 166,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
A lot of people on the autism scale don't like taking meds.
And many truly high-functioning autistic people distance themselves from the diagnosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology