Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 10:57 AM

11,146 posts, read 6,741,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Ever get hit with their tales or have them put their paws on your shoulder?
My Russian Wolfhound would greet us that way when we came from work. On his hind legs, he was as tall as we were, paws on our shoulders and face-to-face. Another harmless, gentle huge dog. Not too bright, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 11:08 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Quiet, but savage and vicious.
They aren’t at all vicious as a rule.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:09 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Ever get hit with their tales or have them put their paws on your shoulder?
If they hit you with their tails, that’s accidental, and most great Danes have cropped tails anyway. Just a little piece where the tail used to be.

Old 07-25-2022, 02:44 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,959,918 times
I've got sleep apnea that I can't get under control that I have some surgeries for, dental appliances that don't work well, CPAP is tough to tolerate. So I'm always in some state of tired, some days worse than others.

I also have bouts of insomnia at times too. Used to be worse due to work stress, now I changed jobs so my work stress has gone down quite a bit.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:45 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,088,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Off topic, but the size of the dog is (with some exceptions) irrelevant to the size of your living space - it's more about their energy, vocalization, behavior, and exercise needs. For example, you'd be MUCH better off with a 4 year-old Great Dane than a Jack Russell or Beagle puppy in an apartment.
I second this. Dogs just lay around at home. I have a former crazy active 55lbs dog. She is a handful but at home she just lays around. My other dog did the same.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:46 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,088,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If they hit you with their tails, that’s accidental, and most great Danes have cropped tails anyway. Just a little piece where the tail used to be.
yeah, if you don't want to be hit by body parts just cut them off or crop their ears so they look "cool."

Old 07-25-2022, 04:15 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,115,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes. They are not treacherous or hostile or "savage and vicious" dogs at all. They are just very large.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They aren’t at all vicious as a rule.
I think - hope - they were being facetious. Like when I say my husky will "attack" you with kisses and awoos.

Old 07-25-2022, 04:16 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,115,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I second this. Dogs just lay around at home. I have a former crazy active 55lbs dog. She is a handful but at home she just lays around. My other dog did the same.
Yeah, mine too. I have a security camera to check on them while I'm at work, and 95% of the time they're sleeping - the other 5% is for drinking water, maybe munching on some kibble, and of course going potty (they have outdoor access). When I get home, I'll take the husky out for a walk or park runaround. He's pretty lazy for the breed, so that's enough daily exercise for him. The other one is almost 17 now, so he doesn't care to go anywhere anymore.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:24 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,033,060 times
I'm sleeping better these past several days. Been taking Gumimi hemp gummies that I bought on Amazon. The jar is getting low and I see that the brand is sold out, so it must be popular. Not surprising, since it's working. Now I'll have to see where I might be able to get them, or try another hemp gummy brand.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:11 AM

48,647 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've got sleep apnea that I can't get under control that I have some surgeries for, dental appliances that don't work well, CPAP is tough to tolerate. So I'm always in some state of tired, some days worse than others.

I also have bouts of insomnia at times too. Used to be worse due to work stress, now I changed jobs so my work stress has gone down quite a bit.
I'm pushing through learning the cpap. I HAVE to get used to it, I cannot function with the level of tired I was. I had an apnea event every 1.5 minutes, my brain waves were jacked up.

I had 3 levels I functioned on: 1) tired, 2) F'in Tired, and 3) can't rub 2 and 2 together and get 4
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology