Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 04:25 PM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Not well at all. I only sleep 4-6 hours at night.

Me too. I wake up at 3am every night, no idea why. Some nights I can fall asleep again, others I toss and turn from there until my alarm goes off (or worse, I fall asleep again 15 minutes before my alarm goes off).

I also can't nap, I just don't fall asleep when I try no matter how exhausted I am. Also a very light sleeper, if you just stare at me it'll wake me up. I have always been jealous of people who can sleep really well. My ex used to be able to fall asleep on pool floats. To the point he'd be drooling, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 05:33 AM

6,591 posts, read 3,254,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Me too. I wake up at 3am every night, no idea why. Some nights I can fall asleep again, others I toss and turn from there until my alarm goes off (or worse, I fall asleep again 15 minutes before my alarm goes off).

I also can't nap, I just don't fall asleep when I try no matter how exhausted I am. Also a very light sleeper, if you just stare at me it'll wake me up. I have always been jealous of people who can sleep really well. My ex used to be able to fall asleep on pool floats. To the point he'd be drooling, lol.
I feel for you, as my sleep patterns mimic yours. It seems that I can get maybe 2 nights in a row, where I'll get maybe 5-6 hours of continuous sleep, and I'll feel really good on that next day. Then I'll get 2-3 nights, in a row, where I get maybe 4 hours of restless sleep, and feel like "dog meat" for the next couple of days.

I don't know why, it's not like I have personal issues causing me any stress........

Old 06-28-2022, 10:33 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Generally, I sleep pretty well because I sleep in a sleep shirt and that gives me the best dream quality.....though I must admit, last night, being topless, the dreams were wild. They started out dark, in that I and another were going into a prison facility to conduct an interview, there is a riot, I am taking hostage. But then, an ice super hero arrives, rescues everyone. Then, I become Superman, I am flying uptown, trying to get away from an 18 Wheeler (don't know where that hum was coming from since I live in the country, maybe an airplane flying over?). I get to the top of the hill, it becomes a harbor, and I get a chance to pilot SkyDiver! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skydiver_(submarine) ...... but I make a mess of it, the Captain comes back, takes his sub back, throws me off the boat. Then I am leading a bunch of cadets to the rifle range, we are waiting for the Captain to take charge of the lesson, someone announces that he doesn't have such a high opinion of me....and my alarm goes off.

My Bellydance teacher theorizes that since there is so much room to move around in my sleepshirts, to say nothing of the themes on them, is the reason for my great dream quality. I am wearing the house talisman (house key) around my neck.....and taking a chance by also wearing my talisman from the day. A chance since that could get caught in bedding and be pulled free.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:31 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,135,803 times
Quote:

Same. I have never been a good sleeper. Even as a kid, I had a lot of difficulties falling asleep and staying asleep. I can't nap. Everything wakes me up. A glass of wine is the only thing that puts me to sleep. It is not an ideal solution, but it works. It is much better than being awake until 3 or 4 in the morning.

My doctor thinks I should try marijuana. I might give it a try. She thinks there is a problem with my GABA receptors. I tried a lot of sleep medications but most of them do not work for me or work for a very limited time. Temazepam is the only one that works. I use it when I travel or have a rough period of little to no sleep.

I am healthy. I have never been overweight. I exercise daily and I eat well.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:49 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Same. I have never been a good sleeper. Even as a kid, I had a lot of difficulties falling asleep and staying asleep. I can't nap. Everything wakes me up. A glass of wine is the only thing that puts me to sleep. It is not an ideal solution, but it works. It is much better than being awake until 3 or 4 in the morning.

My doctor thinks I should try marijuana. I might give it a try. She thinks there is a problem with my GABA receptors. I tried a lot of sleep medications but most of them do not work for me or work for a very limited time. Temazepam is the only one that works. I use it when I travel or have a rough period of little to no sleep.

I am healthy. I have never been overweight. I exercise daily and I eat well.

I use Delta 8 Indica vapes. They are legal everywhere and you can buy them online. Indica is the strain, it's intended for sleep/relaxation. I often use it when I wake up in the middle of the night and it's too late to take anything else (I take half a Lunesta to fall asleep if it's earlier and I can't fall asleep). Marijuana also comes in the same strains, but if you're not in a legal state you won't know which strain you'll get. Delta 8 works just as well IMO and is much cheaper. One $25 vape might last me a month or more. My brother, who is 67 and also has sleep problems, takes Delta 8 gummies and he says they help a lot.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:56 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,135,803 times
Quote:
I use Delta 8 Indica vapes. They are legal everywhere and you can buy them online. Indica is the strain, it's intended for sleep/relaxation. I often use it when I wake up in the middle of the night and it's too late to take anything else (I take half a Lunesta to fall asleep if it's earlier and I can't fall asleep). Marijuana also comes in the same strains, but if you're not in a legal state you won't know which strain you'll get. Delta 8 works just as well IMO and is much cheaper. One $25 vape might last me a month or more. My brother, who is 67 and also has sleep problems, takes Delta 8 gummies and he says they help a lot.
Thanks for the info! I will look into it.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:20 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,115,987 times
I'm the worst sleeper on the planet. Doesn't mean I can't or don't want to sleep - it's not insomnia, as people often think of me. I just have a backwards circadian rhythm (officially known as "delayed sleep phase syndrome"), and sleep GREAT when allowed to keep my preferred hours. But unfortunately the world doesn't accommodate those who prefer sleeping from like 7am-4pm. And also unfortunately, none of the professions with overnight/late-night schedules were suitable for me. Thankfully my job doesn't require super early hours, in fact I usually work from around 12:30-9pm. So I just adjust things accordingly, but still only average 4-6 hours/night. Guess I'll sleep when I retire. lol

Old 07-02-2022, 10:02 AM

5,124 posts, read 2,185,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That would do it. I have thyroid issues as well. I seem to collect "issues".
This is my world as well. Regarding sleep, my wife and I have been meditating right before bed and it’s very calming. Some vids are designed just for relaxation and sleep. Check out Boho Beautiful guided meditation on YouTube. She has such a good soothing voice.

I also struggle with neck pain and can never seem to get the perfect pillow. Anyone else have this issue? Just ordered a buckwheat pillow as these are supposed to be the best for neck issues.

Old 07-02-2022, 10:08 AM

14,983 posts, read 9,910,990 times
I sleep like a man with no conscious.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:31 PM

30,666 posts, read 21,531,433 times
I go to sleep like a silly creep with no probs but always wake up around 2am to 4 am and that is it for the rest of the nite dwight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology