Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:24 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,406,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Bad.

Probably a 3-4 out of 10.

I use ambien to knock myself out if something keeps me up, could be something as simple as a work assignment or meeting the next day that's not even stressful, but ...

On normal nights, I usually sleep OK but still get up a couple times to pee. Snoring mate, etc.

I didn't give myself a lower score because I know some people who cannot sleep the majority of nights or need to use prescription sleeping pills nightly.

I use Ambien on my nights off, but for some reason, I have very intense nightmares of things that I've seen throughout the years. It's a trade off I guess, and I don't know if it's actually attributed to the Ambien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 07:28 PM

2,607 posts, read 2,335,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I use Ambien on my nights off, but for some reason, I have very intense nightmares of things that I've seen throughout the years. It's a trade off I guess, and I don't know if it's actually attributed to the Ambien.
Maybe there is something more mellow than Ambien. I read/heard a couple of odd things about that stuff. One fellow woke up, drove to another state, then didn't remember how he wound up in another state. He didn't have plans to drive to the other state.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:48 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Maybe there is something more mellow than Ambien. I read/heard a couple of odd things about that stuff. One fellow woke up, drove to another state, then didn't remember how he wound up in another state. He didn't have plans to drive to the other state.
I have heard similar stories about Ambien.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:56 PM

8,748 posts, read 3,921,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
How well do you sleep?
Extremely well - about seven to eight hours per night, on average; occasionally six if I get to bed a bit later. As an adult in my forties, I think it’s highly relative to one’s activity/exercise and health; in other words, if one is inactive/unhappy or they are unable to ‘turn their mind off’ at night, (obviously) it’s going to be difficult to fall asleep (or fall back asleep if one awakens). Then it circles back around to why they are unable to do so.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:13 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 4 days ago)

16,098 posts, read 21,222,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
I tried FitBit for a couple months before passing it on to my daughter. The best part was that it proclaimed I was in excellent physical condition.
It indicated my average amount of sleep time was 6 hours, though I'm always in bed for longer than that-more like 7 to 8. I tend to wake up every couple hours to pee. Usually go right back to sleep, but not always. Most people would not be happy with my sleep results. Nor am I, for that matter. Sleep seems to be getting worse with age for me.
I had the different colors for the different stages of sleep on my graph, red for wakeful, light blue for light sleep, and dark blue for restful sleep. There were very few skinny little dark blue lines, lost in an ocean of red and light blue, kind of depressing to see. I agree aging seems to be making it worse.

Ambien was awful for me. I would think I was awake but unable to move or speak. I still don't know if that was just some bizarre type of dreaming, or if I really was awake, but it totally freaked me out.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:24 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,291,513 times
A nightly dose 10mg of escitalopram with a smidgen of cannabis oil.
YMMV but i haven't slept this good since I was a child.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have heard similar stories about Ambien.
I guess there's just too much money in it for them to seriously consider taking it off the market.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
A nightly dose 10mg of escitalopram with a smidgen of cannabis oil.
YMMV but i haven't slept this good since I was a child.
I just looked up escitalopram. It isn't a sleeping medicine.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:32 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
I sleep pretty well. I hear a lot of people say they have more difficulty as they get older, and I am hoping that is not the case for me.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:49 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,291,513 times
Quote:
I just looked up escitalopram. It isn't a sleeping medicine.
True, it's an antidepressant but one of the byproduct (at least for me) is an increase in sleep quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology