Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 10:49 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, if you don't want to be hit by body parts just cut them off or crop their ears so they look "cool."
I wasn't encouraging it or signaling approval for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think - hope - they were being facetious. Like when I say my husky will "attack" you with kisses and awoos.
He wasn't. That particular poster has an unusual fear/phobia of dogs.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm pushing through learning the cpap. I HAVE to get used to it, I cannot function with the level of tired I was. I had an apnea event every 1.5 minutes, my brain waves were jacked up.

I had 3 levels I functioned on: 1) tired, 2) F'in Tired, and 3) can't rub 2 and 2 together and get 4
I just got a referral for a sleep study yesterday, haven't made the appointment yet. Have you looked into any of the very small ones (cpap) they advertise on TV?

Old 07-26-2022, 12:27 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,033,060 times
There's a doctor in Huntsville who advertises on TV about a new design of cpap. I'm going to look into it. I gave up on a cpap about 8 years ago. Just couldn't get used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVwf42O9Leo

Old 07-26-2022, 12:28 PM

48,647 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I just got a referral for a sleep study yesterday, haven't made the appointment yet. Have you looked into any of the very small ones (cpap) they advertise on TV?
I haven't seen those, but I think my unit is fine. I just use the nose mask, and the whole thing is super soft so I can lay on my side and stuff. It's just an odd experience that takes some getting used to.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-26-2022, 12:30 PM

48,647 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
There's a doctor in Huntsville who advertises on TV about a new design of cpap. I'm going to look into it. I gave up on a cpap about 8 years ago. Just couldn't get used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVwf42O9Leo
That's not a cpap, and it is for mild to moderate OSA. I have severe, and oddly, I hardly snore at all.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-26-2022, 12:31 PM

102 posts, read 99,758 times
My nightly average is four hours unbroken sleep.
I awoke this morning at 2am, so about five and a hours, above average.
I have never slept well my whole life. Except in my drinking days when I would be in an alcohol coma for ten hours sometimes.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:15 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,696,751 times
Yes, it has been a problem. It would help if my freaking, late-night, disruptive neighbor upon my ceiling would just disappear. (No, there has been little help with, no resolve and no moving possibility in sight). I am wondering how long I will survive this torment, forced to be on his schedule, and having insomnia.

My apartment manager said "Why don't you sleep when he is gone?" (shows who I deal with..) Uh, yeah.. that ensures that I am up while he does the crap he does, besides my needing to use whatever hours I have daily, to take care of my own needs.

It's affected me emotionally, my appetite besides...and I am not young and need my sleep and my space to myself.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:47 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,696,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I truly envy you folks who are good sleepers. At best, I might get 2 good nights of sleep per week. This has much to do with the fact that I get up at 4am for work. There are mornings when I wake up around 3am. When that happens, I'll just start my day early.

Most nights, when I lay down to sleep, my mind starts revving. Worse yet are those nights where I cannot get music out of my head. I've tried several over-the-counter sleep aids. Most have not worked or have given me a negative side effect.

It would be great if I could get at least 6 hours of sleep per night.
I agree. I will think that I am able to rest, then my mind will begin racing at times. Yesterday, late afternoon I took a nap, not recommended since we "should get on a schedule" but I thought, WTH, I'm tired - and I slept some. I love when aware that I've slept and was dreaming, but is still unlike it once was, when having steady sleep, feeling I had more control and normalcy. (Others do not understand about losing sleep and not being on a schedule like theirs).

I have been juggling to determine the right combination for me, of supplements helpful for sleep, Melatonin not being one that worked for me, personally. Some suggested: B-complex, Calcium, C, D, E, Fish Oil, GABA, L-Theanine, Magnesium, Apple Cider Vinegar, 5-HTP. (I recall using some OTC Diphenhydramine, seemingly helping at one point, but ultimately caused me to have Restless Legs syndrome...no one wants to go thru that).

Old 07-31-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I agree. I will think that I am able to rest, then my mind will begin racing at times. Yesterday, late afternoon I took a nap, not recommended since we "should get on a schedule" but I thought, WTH, I'm tired - and I slept some. I love when aware that I've slept and was dreaming, but is still unlike it once was, when having steady sleep, feeling I had more control and normalcy. (Others do not understand about losing sleep and not being on a schedule like theirs).

I have been juggling to determine the right combination for me, of supplements helpful for sleep, Melatonin not being one that worked for me, personally. Some suggested: B-complex, Calcium, C, D, E, Fish Oil, GABA, L-Theanine, Magnesium, Apple Cider Vinegar, 5-HTP. (I recall using some OTC Diphenhydramine, seemingly helping at one point, but ultimately caused me to have Restless Legs syndrome...no one wants to go thru that).
Be careful with the diphenhydramine. Chronic use has been linked to early dementia. For years, I used to take a swig of children’s Benadryl to sleep, and I was so angry at myself when those studies started coming out. Melatonin never worked for me, either. My brother takes delta 8 gummies which he says help him. I do take magnesium at night, but I can’t really say if it works or not. I don’t have a problem falling asleep as much as I have one staying asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology