Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 08:27 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,614 times

Advertisements

I think when people declare they don’t need men or women, they are technically correct. No one should rely solely on a relationship for happiness, but such things are also said due to frustration with not being able to find who they really want or vibe with. If you’re truly happier alone… good on you!

Old 07-06-2023, 08:42 AM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Glad to hear it. If someone finds what works for them, great.

Old 07-06-2023, 08:48 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,325,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Why would you post it at all? That should be a no bleeping bleep type of thing.

Hey look, the sky is blue. Where should I post that?
You should or can post that in the weather forum.

Right now, looking out the window, I see the sky is so grey. I don't need a grey sky like that. LOL. Oops, I should not post this in the relationships forum. I should have posted it in the weather forum. I don't think about the sky and weather so much, but I could post and share it in there. Well, just wanted to show my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I think when people declare they don’t need men or women, they are technically correct. No one should rely solely on a relationship for happiness, but such things are also said due to frustration with not being able to find who they really want or vibe with. If you’re truly happier alone… good on you!
Agreed. You are so right.

I think many posters on here probably need a man or a woman desperately, and they need someone to need them too; so, they feel upset about or jealous with the OP’s independence. And they want to oppose her. They just know about their need. They don’t understand about others’. They think other people are supposed to need someone like they do.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Good for you OP. I don’t think anyone really NEEDS anyone. It’s perfectly okay to want someone. It’s perfectly ok to not have someone and not see it as an issue.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:30 PM

464 posts, read 315,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
I know you can never say never. I've been single for almost 4 years now and within those for years I am more happy than actually being in relationship.

Okay maybe my reason to not want to be in relationship is because of my past relationship and just my observation everytime I am out and about. I've noticed that people are self-entitled and self centered. ( example: hearing a converstion where a person just talk about themselves , parents not disciplining their misbehaving kids, adults acting like kids, etc)

I just dont think I want any drama and to add more stress in my life . Not be negative nancy, for my opinion is just a lot easier and happier to be single than to be in relationship.
You don't need a man? Really? The only way to address this is to ask even more questions such as....

Who is going to lift the heavy furniture to the upper floor of your house? Who will get that car running for you when it won't start in the morning (on your way to an important meeting or case)? Who will get rid of that humongous roach in the room? Who will give you that deep tissue massage late at night relieving you of all the day's stress?

Old 07-06-2023, 12:53 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
You don't need a man? Really? The only way to address this is to ask even more questions such as....

Who is going to lift the heavy furniture to the upper floor of your house? Who will get that car running for you when it won't start in the morning (on your way to an important meeting or case)? Who will get rid of that humongous roach in the room? Who will give you that deep tissue massage late at night relieving you of all the day's stress?
Plenty of single women (and even married women) handle those things without a man--you call movers, AAA, get a can of bug spray and use your neck massager.

Old 07-06-2023, 01:03 PM

867 posts, read 724,174 times
Woman here, never married, almost never in a relationship, living alone for decades:

Quote:
You don't need a man? Really? Really.

The only way to address this is to ask even more questions such as....

Who is going to lift the heavy furniture to the upper floor of your house? I do, or I hire help.

Who will get that car running for you when it won't start in the morning (on your way to an important meeting or case)? I do, or I call AAA or a ride-share service.

Who will get rid of that humongous roach in the room? I do. Spiders, scorpions, snakes, and rodents, too.

Who will give you that deep tissue massage late at night relieving you of all the day's stress? I relieve stress by doing craftwork, going for walks, watching movies, and engaging in other relaxing activities.

Old 07-06-2023, 02:05 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
I'm happy for the OP also, though I actually mean it if she really feels this way. I wish I had stayed single longer. I just wasn't ripe yet when I got married, and I went from that relationship to another quickly. I think my 20s would have been better spent figuring out WTF I am and WTF I want, with Ws for who and what, respectively. As it is I'm still trying to figure out the TF parts.

Old 07-06-2023, 03:09 PM

6,820 posts, read 11,553,688 times
Quote:

Who’s gonna open that screwed on tight pickle jar?

Old 07-06-2023, 03:23 PM

2,048 posts, read 997,011 times
Quote:

1955 called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology