Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 07:05 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
At some point some of us just no longer have the energy for intimate relationships and we just dont care.
I don't think I ever had the energy. This is for a variety of reasons. They weren't presented to me in a positive light or as something I should aspire to. I also don't like myself enough to believe that someone else might, so I don't give them the chance.

Old 07-07-2023, 09:35 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
My brother's coworkers are telling him to remarry so he has someone to cook, clean, and do laundtry for him. I told him it's cheaper to pay a stranger to do the work, instead of losing thousands of dollars more in another divorce settlement!

Old 07-07-2023, 10:08 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,158,420 times
I was talking to a neighbor a couple of years ago...his wife had recently died. He was telling my husband and I how he'd thought about remarrying, but he wanted someone younger, if he decided to go that route. And younger like someone in her 20's.

He was a nice enough guy, but as he was talking, I'm looking at him in his trucker hat, a tooth or two missing, thinning hair, flannel shirt, living in rural Missouri, and I'm thinking "Good luck with that."

Old 07-07-2023, 10:20 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,873,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
My brother's coworkers are telling him to remarry so he has someone to cook, clean, and do laundtry for him. I told him it's cheaper to pay a stranger to do the work, instead of losing thousands of dollars more in another divorce settlement!
Why can't your brother learn to cook, clean, and do his own laundry?

My husband was totally self sufficient in those regards, otherwise I wouldn't have married him in spite of his other outstanding characteristics.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:06 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,260 times
Quote:
These are fairly simple tasks one should be taught as a child, or learned through necessity as a single young adult living on their own.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:32 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
If he pays you it stays in the family.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:10 PM

22,593 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Even cheaper to do it himself!
Sad that he was never taught those things.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
If he pays you it stays in the family.
Good idea, but I can't do that kind of work anymore for two homes, I have my own to do and I live alone, my bad back can't take it, and I started to look for a cleaning woman for myself.

My brother does his own housework and laundry, his co-workers are telling him he shouldn't be doing it, a female slave should be doing the work instead

Old 07-07-2023, 02:13 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
I know you can never say never. I've been single for almost 4 years now and within those for years I am more happy than actually being in relationship.

Okay maybe my reason to not want to be in relationship is because of my past relationship and just my observation everytime I am out and about. I've noticed that people are self-entitled and self centered. ( example: hearing a converstion where a person just talk about themselves , parents not disciplining their misbehaving kids, adults acting like kids, etc)

I just dont think I want any drama and to add more stress in my life . Not be negative nancy, for my opinion is just a lot easier and happier to be single than to be in relationship.
Yes... Relationships are a lot of work and can be painful. It's easier to not have them, but the good ones are worth their weight in gold. When the 'mine' doesn't produce gold, time to pack up and look elsewhere.

The most gold is found by the hardest workers.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I was talking to a neighbor a couple of years ago...his wife had recently died. He was telling my husband and I how he'd thought about remarrying, but he wanted someone younger, if he decided to go that route. And younger like someone in her 20's.

He was a nice enough guy, but as he was talking, I'm looking at him in his trucker hat, a tooth or two missing, thinning hair, flannel shirt, living in rural Missouri, and I'm thinking "Good luck with that."
Of course they want a younger woman to do all the work and take care of them, the younger women can have them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology